To want to see my partner on Christmas day ??

(70 Posts)
nosnowagain Tue 24-Dec-13 10:00:55

Me & 'D'P don't live together , I have one Ds .

I have been asking him to come round for a few hours Christmas morning which is not unreasonable as he has been working all week so not seen him .
He kept saying it depends what his mum is doing, he is 30 and does not live at home .

I just had a text from him saying that his Grandad has been given 24 hours to live , he was fine yesterday so I'm struggling to believe him as it just seems like he has his excuse not to come round as his mum wants him to herself because they are having a family Christmas etc fhmm

We have been together 2 years .

Its not like his mum lives miles away from me as its only a 20 minute walk .
Apparently im a bitch , tbh i havent a clue

Writerwannabe83 Wed 25-Dec-13 01:01:57

I repeat : if you have been together for so long and his parents know it is a serious relationship, why aren't you automatically invited to their family Christmas celebrations? It doesn't make sense? You come as a package, why wouldn't they include you?

Mellowandfruitful Wed 25-Dec-13 01:08:36

It's a lie, and what's more it's s foolish lie because it will be easy to catch him out. His granddad will quite probably make a miraculous recovery or will unexpectedly last for much longer than anticipated, but you will be able to ask questions I the meantime to find out whether all this was really going on on Christmas Eve. However, I wouldn't bother as he has already shown you where his loyalties are. Resolve to move on and be feeling a lot better without him by next Christmas.

nosnowagain Wed 25-Dec-13 01:09:41

Pic He hasn't got another girlfriend etc his mum is just a bit pfb with him & doesnt really like to share him iyswim

writer I never even considered going to his parents for Christmas as I'm doing Christmas Dinner for my family which he said he could not come to as he had to be at his mums for it so I just asked for him to come round in the morning

nosnowagain Wed 25-Dec-13 01:11:22

I've been a coward and sent him a lovely text to wake up to in the morning I honestly hope it ruins his Christmas Thanks everyone

ComposHat Wed 25-Dec-13 01:27:59

I would have held my fire until you knew for sure the Granddad thing is a lie.

Because if I was having to deal with the prospect of losing a close relative on Christmas day whilst a girlfriend was making demands that I dance attendance on her, whilst my family were trying to cope with the emotional fall out, she'd be my ex-girlfriend by boxing day.

Actually I suspect he's lying, but I doesn't think it matters really. Either way I get the impression that the relationship is over and one of you will come off looking really callous when the truth comes out.

LittlePeaPod Wed 25-Dec-13 03:19:11

I just had a text from him saying that his Grandad has been given 24 hours to live , he was fine yesterday so I'm struggling to believe him as it just seems like he has his excuse not to come round

This says a lot about your relationship. Whichever way you look at it this is not a healthy relationship:

1) his lying. If that's the case why on earth would anyone want to be in a relationship with someone that can concoct this sort of lie. Regardless of whether or not he thinks this is a little "white lie". If he can lie about something like this he can lie about anything and probably does all the time. Also why would you want to be in a relationship with someone that lies white lie or not anyway?
2) his not lying and you don't trust him because you are so used to him lying all the time. No trust = no relationship IMHO. Also do you really want to live with a lier and have them help you raise your DC? I certainly wouldn't.

Anyway I could bang on but seriously Op why are you in relationship with a grown adult that can make or you suspect can make something like this up?

HappyCliffmas Wed 25-Dec-13 08:01:27

Hope you have a lovely day today NoSnow. I know it probably feels shit right now, but TBH he sounds like a bloody knob and I think you have had a lucky escape thanks

nosnowagain Wed 25-Dec-13 10:44:10

He was/Is lying as his sister didn't have a clue what I were on about

Topaz25 Wed 25-Dec-13 10:52:24

LTB. Who lies about something like that?!

dump

SweetSeraphim Wed 25-Dec-13 13:40:10

Have you heard back from him today?

nosnowagain Wed 25-Dec-13 16:26:52

No as I blocked his number once I had sent my txt

SweetSeraphim Wed 25-Dec-13 16:37:20

What did you say? Well done, by the way!

ilovesooty Wed 25-Dec-13 16:41:08

Sounds as though you'll be well shot of him.

Dillydollydaydream Wed 25-Dec-13 17:45:57

How awful using a poorly grandad as an excuse. He should be really ashamed!

nosnowagain Wed 25-Dec-13 18:46:16

I told him how pathetic he is and a few other choice words fgrin

GimmeDaBoobehz Wed 25-Dec-13 18:52:41

This is the exact reason I broke up with my first boyfriend when I was 16 - because he told me his Granddad had died so he could go out and get drunk.

I even phoned up his Dad who hated me for some reason (X must've said something horrid about me) but he hadn't died and his Dad wasn't surprised that he had lied, either. So I phoned him back up and dumped him on the phone and hung up.

Ironically, I ended up comforting the idiot 2 years later when his Granddad actually did die.

What a twat.

Don't be suckered into these games these people play.

SweetSeraphim Wed 25-Dec-13 22:32:47

Bloody good on you grin

So glad you decided to get rid. What an utter cockwomble.

someonegetmeaglassofwine Wed 25-Dec-13 22:59:52

LTB - he's got another woman.

nosnowagain Thu 26-Dec-13 01:05:41

some he really doesn't he is a mummies boy and its just very weird

Any who thanks everyone , glad I trusted my instincts

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now