to be slightly sad that the hilarious mollycoddling mums thread has gone poof?

(17 Posts)
kotinka Wed 18-Dec-13 14:49:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

thebody Wed 18-Dec-13 14:53:17

Me too it was quite a good effort. grin

koTinkaBell Wed 18-Dec-13 14:54:25

I think we crashed talk in our eagerness to "educate" the op grin

buddyfingy Wed 18-Dec-13 14:54:57

I so badly wanted to give him some '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' to use sad

Faverolles Wed 18-Dec-13 14:55:43

Was there a good deletion message?
I didn't even get the opportunity to watch it, it made the ipad go poof for a while.

koTinkaBell Wed 18-Dec-13 14:57:42

I missed it, crashed on my pc sad

monicalewinski Wed 18-Dec-13 15:07:23

I'm fucking gutted - I had this reply and it wouldn't load and then the site went off:

YANBU.

The women in this country have gotten away with this sort of shenanigan for too long.

Have you watched 'Call the Midwife' OP? Back in those days there was no fannying around with gas & air etc, they just hunkered down and got on with it - people kept cleaner steps then, too. Pride - that's what's lacking nowadays; pride and moral fibre.

Congrats too on owning your decision to be an absent parent for so long. Charity work is very important, and I'm sure your son will understand when he is older that his dad had other priorities - hopefully his mind won't be too namby-pambyed by his feckless 'no balls', drama queen mother. Perhaps he will make you super proud by effectively abandoning a child of his own one day?!

I'm so glad I've come across another like minded person on MN - you truly are a breath of fresh air. smile

Fucking gutted. fsad

NigellasDealer Wed 18-Dec-13 15:10:39

yes it made my browser crash grin

lessonsintightropes Wed 18-Dec-13 15:10:43

I missed it I missed it I missed it! Argh! Will someone do a precis please?

NigellasDealer Wed 18-Dec-13 15:14:30

well in Britain women are spoilt in childbirth, he had given birth himself apparently and noted how pampered they were compared to the village woman in Thailand where he now does 'charity work' having abandoned his wife and son in the UK; in the Thai village the women just 'pull their socks up' and get back to picking rice in the fields the next day.
that was the gist of it anyway grin

lessonsintightropes Wed 18-Dec-13 15:17:46

Thanks NigellasDealer sorry I missed it fgrin I take it he got well and truly pasted. Love the username by the way.

NigellasDealer Wed 18-Dec-13 15:19:27

thanks lessons, grin yes you can imagine how that went down!! it was classic!

koTinkaBell Wed 18-Dec-13 15:26:04

fab post Monica grin

AimeeDubucqdeRivery Wed 18-Dec-13 15:41:26

I'm sad too, I wanted to hear how the OP came to be the first man in the history of the world to give birth.

Monica grin people kept cleaner steps then, too

badtime Wed 18-Dec-13 15:42:19

Nigella, I feel I have to correct you - he hadn't given birth, himself had.

NigellasDealer Wed 18-Dec-13 15:43:08

grin oooh yes sorry 'himself' you are quite right

DidoTheDodo Wed 18-Dec-13 15:44:27

Drat missed it. I need some kind of alert that says "FUN THREAD AHEAD"
well I may have made a six course dinner for Royalty when I was in labour

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now