Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

AIBU to ignore the housework...

(24 Posts)
Squiffie Wed 18-Dec-13 10:03:48

AIBU to sit here reading AIBU whilst eating my second bowl of cornflakes when there's tons of housework that needs doing?! fhmm

whogrewoutoftheterribletwos Wed 18-Dec-13 10:05:44

Definitely nbu.

WigWearer Wed 18-Dec-13 10:06:35

YANBU. We're all doing the same. <adjusts dressing gown>

BettyMacdonald Wed 18-Dec-13 10:06:59

You and me both although I'm having a bagel. DS2 has just upended a giant box of Lego all over the floor angrysadhmmshock

darjeelingdarling Wed 18-Dec-13 10:08:03

pass the milk please grin

JoinYourPlayfellows Wed 18-Dec-13 10:08:27

AIBU would grind to a halt if it weren't for people like you.

Well done, and keep up the good work grin

Squiffie Wed 18-Dec-13 10:14:08

Things are only going to get worse...

DD just came in and made me open the tin of Roses that are not the Christmas choccies honest so I have to eat those now too and can't possibly do that with my hands in the washing up bowl wink

desertmum Wed 18-Dec-13 10:15:44

I think we should all reconvene at 6pm with wine and discuss how little much housework we have done today grin

I did some housework this morning, it was very tiring moving a bowl that had been left on the side into the sink, I am now resting in my PJs. When I have found the energy I might walk back into the kitchen and move the spoon into the sink.

justanuthermanicmumsday Wed 18-Dec-13 10:21:17

Lool I'm doing the same I feel like a robot feed clean dress feed clean feed clean. That's what mothers do all day with kids. I too had difficulty getting the dishes into the dishwasher.

I better move mil is here keeps popping in for her breakfast best serve madam

FlipFlippingFlippers Wed 18-Dec-13 10:22:07

My house is trashed whats new? and I'm sat with tea and toast crying at Christmas adverts.

Heathcliff27 Wed 18-Dec-13 10:22:43

I managed to drop DD's at school and nursery and put a load of washing in the machine. My day is done.

YANBU, I have invited someone round later to force me to have the motivation to clean up grinblush

CeliaLytton Wed 18-Dec-13 10:28:56

As soon a I got up I emptied the dishwasher, put on a wash and wiped down the kitchen, all in 5 minutes. After my shower I wiped down the bathroom, another 5 minutes. I have just cleared away the breakfast stuff, another 5 minutes. I have a clean and tidy kitchen, a sparkling bathroom and clean clothes for 15 minutes work.

I am going to have a nap now grin

ashamedoverthinker Wed 18-Dec-13 10:29:00

Is this a sit in, it must be catching, it happend to me me in my house yesterday too grin

<joins squiffie>

Squiffie Wed 18-Dec-13 10:29:33

Fab idea desertmum but can I reconvene with a glass of juice instead as I'm 17 weeks pregnant today! I'll put it in a wine glass and pretend, hell I might even put it in a champagne glass with a splash of lemonade and pretend its a mimosa! grin

DH keeps asking when 'the nesting instinct' kicks in. Never with the first two so god knows why he thinks this time is going to be different?!

Heathcliff27 Wed 18-Dec-13 10:35:54

Its not unheard of at this time of year to have a glass of wine with lunch....does it matter that lunch is a ham sandwich?

darjeelingdarling Wed 18-Dec-13 10:45:34

I'm going to admit something. you can all throw your roses wrappers at me.

3 weeks of one year old with nightmare virus, ear infection, cough and teeth, no sleep plus I caught it last week, soldiered on (including going in pool with my sen class) and although actually on the mend am so washed out/ still sore ears I called in sick as ds in nursery (thank god) and its swimming again today (I do x2 a week) plus the xmas party (kids that is.) and when half have asd and are joining in with 100 mainstream kids it's rather 'fun'.

I could do housework. I should finish cards.

I'm in bed confused

darjeelingdarling Wed 18-Dec-13 10:45:50

pass the whiskey please.

Heathcliff27 Wed 18-Dec-13 10:48:04

Darjeeling, take the bottle, your needs greater than mine

skittycat Wed 18-Dec-13 11:17:02

I should do housework. I should stop being lazy and get out of bed and stop reading AIBU.

One of those is going to happen. One of those is more than likely not!

First day off in a week, my bed seems to have increased in its comfyness.

desertmum Wed 18-Dec-13 11:17:02

my house looks like a bomb has hit it - I have just had a bed delivered from Ikea that has a million and one pieces and no instructions . . . the car is full of crap that has to go to the skip, dogs need walking, MIL arrives on Saturday and her bed is in pieces in the spare room; so kids and I are happily sitting around making a shopping list. List are housework right ? Roll on wine o'clock, or juice o'clock for the pregnant ladies out there grin

FunnyFestiveTableRunner Wed 18-Dec-13 12:09:43

Housework schmousework.

<gavel>

BobCrotchstitch Wed 18-Dec-13 12:21:20

No YADNBU <firm nod>
I am in bed (though I work nights so not as bad as it seems) The dogs need walking and it is raining outside. My bed is warm and soft and I just know the fire will have gone out so it will be cold when I actually do move.
I want tea and toast as well <wails>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now