AIBU, the miltery awards on ITV

(253 Posts)
RoseRedder Mon 16-Dec-13 21:01:47

AIBU?

I think this is wrong

The 'wars' these men/women have been in are all made up wars by the UK and USA government

And now there is a tv programme giving them celebrity status

I don't doubt the people of will be nominated will have gone out their way to aid their colleagues

But turning war into a tv programme is beyond sick

MrsTerrysChocolateOrange Tue 17-Dec-13 15:29:19

the IRA planted countless bombs and no one had invaded their country. Oh dear. I think you will find that they think someone did.

Also, a civil defense force can deal with home-grown terrorists. Or, shock the Police.

monicalewinski Tue 17-Dec-13 15:36:04

SPSJSAT

Yes yes yes yes yes.

For most of us in the RAF it is just a job. One we will have to leave at a certain age point, when we will go on and do something else.

Just because I happen to be one of thousands of people fixing aeroplanes I am not in any way a mouthpiece for/condoner of government policy.

I am not, however some sort of rabid murderer - I have 2 children and a cat and a husband and that is what my life is all about when I'm not at work.

Most people are like me - there are wankers, but there are wankers in every job.

thebody Tue 17-Dec-13 15:47:41

yes regards Ireland partition in the twenties had no excuses for bombs in the 80s although granted the Protestant majority treated the Catholics disgracefully.

regards the anti terror police yes they do deal with it. I never said they didn't.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now