To feel a bit sorry for David Platt in coronation street?

(63 Posts)
Charlie97 Sat 14-Dec-13 22:33:59

I mean his wife did sleep with his brother. Everyone is against him, except his nan and he does love those children.

Ok, tell me I need to get a life confused

SamU2 Sun 15-Dec-13 19:58:52

He didn't try to kill him! Why won't he tell people that?

CaramelisedOnion Mon 16-Dec-13 17:42:28

Me too I feel sorry for David. And loathe Nick. In fact my Facebook status (cringe) recently was "I really really hate Nicky Tildesly he is a complete cunt" blush

Have I got the plot wrong but didn't be just grab the steering wheel in a "stop the van" way not a "I want to kill you" way?

THIS x 1000000000. The plot has felt disjointed ever since.

Vikki88 Mon 16-Dec-13 20:51:00

I completely agree with the OP! Nick and Kylie have been allowed to get away with everything - their cheating has just been swept under the rug.

bellasuewow Mon 16-Dec-13 22:27:07

Yadnbu personally some of the blame should lie with Gayle as she brought home just about every rapist serial killer back to the house no wonder he turned out the way he did

aciddrops Tue 17-Dec-13 11:29:04

Not part of the same story but what about Tina? She is chaos. I cannot bear her and wish that she would be killed off. This story with her and Peter is just irritating.

I'm glad Liz is back - she's great in the Rovers.

Also, I'll be glad when Haley dies. Such a miserable story where nothing new happens. Can Roy go with her?

Tina is leaving and I believe that she is going to be killed off.

Didn't David try killing Gayle by throwing her down the stairs? or have I made that up

Boaty Tue 17-Dec-13 12:09:26

What's with the reinvention of Kylie....she was the nasty little bint that sold her child...why doesn't Gail throw her out?

If anyone should leave she should go!

<reminds myself that it is fiction and I need to get out more>
fgrin

labtest Tue 17-Dec-13 14:12:05

I've been saying this for ages. David is the injured party here. I can't stand Nick.

Clawdy Tue 17-Dec-13 14:33:36

Kylie's sanctimonious manner and self-pity are sickening. For once I was actually rooting for Gail when she told her off last night,

Bakingnovice Wed 18-Dec-13 09:15:58

Yes about kylie. She's been with David two minutes, was a total butch to Gail and she's the

Bakingnovice Wed 18-Dec-13 09:18:09

Oops

Total bitch to Gail and yet she's the one getting the house, kids, sympathy. She's a nasty little cow. Didn't she force Audrey to sign the salon over to her and David cos it was her 'inheritance'. I just hate it when they flip reverse nasty characters.

The stories are soooo badly written. The Hayley story is pants. Just hurry up and die you miserable old bag. And as for Tina and Peter, it really is dire. Who is writing this shit?

AnneEyhtMeyer Wed 18-Dec-13 09:52:30

David is not the injured party! He waged a campaign of hate and violence before taking Nick out in the van, where he planned to finish him off! He even removed the seatbelt to ensure Nick either died / was more seriously injured.

Just because at the last minute he seemed to change his mind about killing him does not negate what went on before. He was planning to murder him.

Kylie is awful but I think she is a good match for David.

Gail has messed up David all his life. Not only by marrying a string of psychopaths but also by letting him find out she was going to abort him.

Agree the Hayley storyline is dreadful - I just want her to hurry up and die.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now