To feel a bit sorry for David Platt in coronation street?

(63 Posts)
Charlie97 Sat 14-Dec-13 22:33:59

I mean his wife did sleep with his brother. Everyone is against him, except his nan and he does love those children.

Ok, tell me I need to get a life confused

Bakingnovice Sun 15-Dec-13 00:02:13

And nick and kylie have had a few longing looks at each other too. Cannot stand either of them. At least David is funny when he becomes psychotic. Nick just stands there gurning like prince Charles. And kylie makes Leanne look interesting.

sisterelephant Sun 15-Dec-13 00:05:15

YANBU.

I feel sorry for David too, I hate the way they've made out its his fault.

Surely he's not going to leave though, I've not heard rumours he's leaving the soap?

WannaBeANinja Sun 15-Dec-13 00:31:01

has anyone noticed how odd Leanne looks when she walks!!

watch the next time you see her walking down th street-ESP in a skirt above the knees. It's bizarre

DirtyDancingCleanLiving Sun 15-Dec-13 00:44:39

YANBU.

This storyline is driving me wild.

Everytime I see Nick going on about how he should clear off and stay away I just want to scream 'YOU FUCKED HIS WIFE!!!!!!' at the TV.

The fact that Kylie won't let him see the kids too...how fucking dare she. She's the slut that started it all by getting jiggy with her hubby's brother.

I hope they get back together, David kicks Kylie out on her arse and gets custody of the kids.

Rissolesfortea Sun 15-Dec-13 00:50:13

He deserves everything he gets just for having a stupid boufant hairstyle imo.

Alisvolatpropiis Sun 15-Dec-13 00:51:08

Yanbu.

I know it's "pretend" but - he made a split second decision after finding out his wife had not only shagged his brother but that the baby she was carrying might actually be his brothers. It was a heat of the moment action. It wasn't "attempted murder" considering it was a risk to his own life.

I'd slap Kylie into next year if I were Gail.

Glad it's not just me and DH who think this!! Every episode now we are shouting at the telly "but Nick shagged his wife!!"

YetAnotherFucker Sun 15-Dec-13 02:42:57

All my venom is saved for Tracey Barlow, David pales into insignificance beside her.

Takingbackmonday Sun 15-Dec-13 03:28:31

YANBU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

redshifter Sun 15-Dec-13 03:33:05

YANBU

And I don't understand how he is not allowed in his own house or see his own kids.

MrsLouisTheroux Sun 15-Dec-13 07:13:08

I watch the Omnibus very occasionally but I know enough to ask-

How the hell is the actor that plays Dev even an actor. He is woeful.

SnoogyWoo Sun 15-Dec-13 08:41:33

And they didn't even use protection!

KittensoftPuppydog Sun 15-Dec-13 08:51:35

I agree that David is now being treated badly, however he did do all of that stuff like smashing up nick and Leanne's and trying to get the bistro shut down too.
Plus it's not real.

meditrina Sun 15-Dec-13 08:56:15

It wasn't a split second decision. It was the culmination of several months of really horrible hate campaign.

And it's that hate campaign that Kylie and Leanne are both so horrified by, and reacting against.

MrsDavidBowie Sun 15-Dec-13 09:00:32

I hate his mean little mouth.

And his bouffy hair.

I know this is irrelevant to the character but isn't the actor's private life a bit hmm too?

onedev Sun 15-Dec-13 19:13:51

YANBU grin

mrspremise Sun 15-Dec-13 19:20:32

YABU. He's not real.grin

FortyDoorsToNowhere Sun 15-Dec-13 19:22:52

I have no watch corrie for years, how has David got a brother.

Gail had Nick with Brian IIRC. many moons ago, so they are half brothers?

tiggytape Sun 15-Dec-13 19:30:17

He deliberately removed Nick's seatbelt before he grabbed the wheel (so that's where the blame re attempted murder comes into it).

He also waged a hate campaign for months before. I think the point was that his reaction was quite chilling. He kept it secret that he knew the truth and just plotted quite extreme revenge tactics instead of having it out with them / ending the relationship

MoominMammasHandbag Sun 15-Dec-13 19:36:15

Well David had been absolutely vile to Kylie and they were pretty much split up when she slept with Nick so David doesn't really have any grounds for complaint as far as I can see.
But I think Jack whatever his name is, is one of the better actors on Corrie, and playing it for sympathy quite skilfully.

deepfriedsage Sun 15-Dec-13 19:48:49

I think they are all messed up, they never heard people in glass houses should not throw stones.

David turned out as a psychopath because his mother kept marrying psychopaths while he was growing up.

What's going on in his personal life?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now