stampy longnose

(91 Posts)
mhappney Sat 14-Dec-13 12:44:21

I just did a Google search because my eight year old is totally addicted to stampy longnose, and I see other parents have the same issue!! She laughs out pour st him and all she wants to do is watch him. I agree about the grating laugh someone on here mentioned.

footballmum Sat 14-Dec-13 12:57:38

I agree!! I have two DSs who are obsessed with him. His voice and laugh are like fingers down a blackboard to me <shudder>

How have I missed this? I have never heard of it but I have DSs of 14 and 11. confused

GobbySadcase Sat 14-Dec-13 13:04:48

He needs garrotting.

What is he?

cranberryorange Sat 14-Dec-13 13:06:13

Stampy might aswell be a member of our family. I hear his voice floating around the house more than anyone elses thanks to Ds's obsession with himhmm

Branleuse Sat 14-Dec-13 13:08:03

I hate stampy fucking longnose. I wish him harm

GobbySadcase Sat 14-Dec-13 13:26:04

for Sparkling to enjoy
Most authentic experience is with kid constantly playing at max volume.

Is that the right link Gobby? looks a bit intellectual. confused

GobbySadcase Sat 14-Dec-13 15:18:01

Ah-ha. There is a glimmer of recognition from DS2 Gobby. He says he doesn't watch it because it's annoying. shock

FannyFifer Sat 14-Dec-13 15:55:02

DS is a big minecraft fan and loves Stampy as well.

InTheBEEwitchedWinter Sat 14-Dec-13 16:28:23

His laugh sounds like Jimmy Carr's... fhmm

Suzietastic Sat 14-Dec-13 22:43:23

I have a long list of terrible things I would like to do ti him, all of which are illegal.

BakeOLiteGirl Sat 14-Dec-13 23:30:41

I've honestly had five hours of him and his voice today. It's been a lazy day because I am ill. But I've enjoyed his meanderings through Minecraft. Must be really ill.

JollySantersSelectionBox Sat 14-Dec-13 23:37:16

Aww, Stampy is revered in this house. It was a miserable week when he was removed from YouTube.

DS wanted me to call him!

Jimmy Carr laugh I agree. Quite sweet on his Christmas vid when he got loads of minecraft pressies and told everyone not to play Minecraft but spend the day with family. And he doesn't swear.

#team Stampy

NettleTea Sat 14-Dec-13 23:41:20

I agree on the Jimmy Carr laugh, and I have found myself becoming strangely fond of him, ever since the #SaveStampy fiasco.
DS was skipping around the house happily the other day because Stampy 'liked' a photo of his minecraft cake on FB

and no swearing which, in this YouTube age, is a blessing

JollySantersSelectionBox Sat 14-Dec-13 23:47:36

Oh I think I saw the cake. Did it have Stampy standing on the top? X

happytalk13 Sat 14-Dec-13 23:49:41

Stampy has a God-like status in our house.

Handy tip - headphones!

happytalk13 Sat 14-Dec-13 23:54:25

Why on earth did they try to erase his Youtube account?

Stampy is to the world of Minecraft, what Justin is to CBeebies - an all-pervasive pied-piper.

MistressDeeCee Sun 15-Dec-13 01:36:38

I hate Stampy Longnose. & Horrid Henry. & Spongebob Squarepants.

justpoppy Sun 15-Dec-13 07:46:47

DS's earphones broke over a week ago. Stampy's voice is permanently etched on my brain at the moment.

rainbow26 Sun 15-Dec-13 08:04:34

As I write this my two ds are both watching him on YouTube withe their earphones on!!!grinhis voice does my absolute head In,but my kids seem to love him confused.

NynaevesSister Sun 15-Dec-13 08:12:14

Totally missed that they tried to remove his account! Is that why there is a Stampy Longhead too (same voice).

God I hate that voice. And that laugh. Hate it at a sub atomic level. But son loves the videos and l'd rather he didn't wear headphones too much as he turns the sound up too loud.

There are way worse things he could be into so I don't mind really. He's having fun and getting ideas for the game.

Didn't know there was a Facebook page. Are there any other Stampy sites?

Son wants a Stampy toy for Christmas or a Stampy book!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now