Do you clean your own over

(70 Posts)
IDugUpADiamond Mon 09-Dec-13 22:31:57

or get the professionals in?

seventiesgirl Mon 09-Dec-13 22:33:20

I clean my own under but get the professionals in for my over....

FortyDoorsToNowhere Mon 09-Dec-13 22:33:30

once a year i do, because the company i use will do the fans ect.

I take it it is an oven you are on about.

ReluctantCamper Mon 09-Dec-13 22:36:24

Seventies girl, have some cake for the funniest post I've read this evening

I have a self cleaning oven grin

Push the button and get out the house cos it gives off toxic stuff walk away. Return and wipe with a damp cloth TAH DAH

plentyofsoap Mon 09-Dec-13 22:39:26

That is a dh allocated job. Therefore never.

seventiesgirl Mon 09-Dec-13 22:43:10

Any chance of a wine to go with that cake. I'm not normally that funny so I appreciate the compliment!

Motherinlawsdung Mon 09-Dec-13 22:43:26

I never clean mine own over but cover clean mine over under.

Topseyt Mon 09-Dec-13 22:49:28

I don't have an over. I do have an oven.

I hate cleaning the oven with a passion. It has to be just about the worst job ever invented! I do do it when it really needs done, but its a job I always resent.

Oven Mate from Lakeland is my oven cleaner of choice. I find it far easier to use than other products. Brush it onto the mucky parts of the oven, leave it for an hour or so, and then wipe off.

TheFuzz Mon 09-Dec-13 22:55:43

Oven bright or similar works a treat. The cheaper one is less toxic, although you need gloves.

Try to keep on top of it with a wipe over after cooking, but you don't always win that battle.

Minshu Mon 09-Dec-13 22:56:11

I did mine a week or so ago. I'd been putting it off for a while. It wasn't actually that bad to do shock

sooperdooper Mon 09-Dec-13 22:58:35

I've always done it myself, squirt some of that oven foamy cleaner stuff in it, leave it for a bit then rinse it off

No way. Get a man in.

mineofuselessinformation Mon 09-Dec-13 23:12:36

Oven liner in bottom - goes in dishwasher with shelves... When hot and soapy, scrub with a wire scrubber. Everything comes off. If the door is bad, use hobrite and / or a hob scraper to shift it. Job done!

RiojaHaze Mon 09-Dec-13 23:17:54

I cleaned mine last week with the leave over night, gloves up the arms stuff.
The next day a pie exploded in there and I actually nearly cried at the sight of chicken, bacon and sauce all over the walls and bottom confused

There is no way I could do it as well as the oven man. He takes the oven to bits, and takes the door off. He disappears to his magic van.

VestaCurry Tue 10-Dec-13 05:16:15

Self cleaning oven. It has a 'cremation' heat setting, oven locks itself then after about 40 mins, open door and everything is spotless except for some fine greyish ash on the bottom which I wipe away with a damp cloth.

BlackholesAndRevelations Tue 10-Dec-13 05:29:56

It's on my to do list sad

Ooh envy DSIL has one of those Vesta.

GinOnTwoWheels Tue 10-Dec-13 05:33:03

Question for those who get a man (or woman) in:

Do they do built in ovens and approx how much does it cost?

MummyPig24 Tue 10-Dec-13 05:35:50

I did mine yesterday and it was ok. Didn't take long at all so it can't have been as dirty as I thought!

Between £40 and £50. My oven is built in. smile They can also do hobs and extractors.

ThomasLynn Tue 10-Dec-13 05:53:00

It's looking like I'll have to do it myself this time stupid water bill but for preference I get a magic man in.

Mine does itself :-) best thing ever... Push a button and it's done about 90 min later.

Toomanycuppas Tue 10-Dec-13 06:05:10

I'm with Sparklingbrook on the oven man. I get magic Gavin in his magic van and I would have to say it's the best money I've ever spent. Costs me $80 (I'm in Oz) for the oven, cook top and extractor. Nobody is allowed to use the pristine oven for a month few days so I can gaze at it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now