In sneaking some nibbles out of the Christmas cupboard.

(72 Posts)
notanotherusername1 Mon 09-Dec-13 19:15:13

Everyone is out. Not due back for 2 hours.

Fancying either M&S bacon rashes or opening the Honey roast peanuts.

I could easily replace before they are missed.

Everyone else has had a warning about not going in and touching anything so I know iabu but......

SunshineMMum Tue 10-Dec-13 08:08:39

YANBU, we always buy some ginger wine which is to be 'saved for Christmas eve.' On the day we buy it DH asks 'Ginger wine?' looking so eager and earnest and eager I can't say no smile.

Longdistance Tue 10-Dec-13 08:35:45

Isn't it the law of the land, that the person who does all the Xmas shopping, writing cards, putting up and decorating the tree gets to 'sample' the Xmas food??!!

SunshineMMum Tue 10-Dec-13 08:59:27

Oh and Sainsbury's pink champagne truffles, well there are only 12 in a box, so not enough to hand round really!

liquidstate Tue 10-Dec-13 10:22:18

I try wrapping biscuits and choc presents up so I dont eat but I always end up unwrapping them and scoffing in secret. fblush

Friginilla Tue 10-Dec-13 13:28:31

shockshockshock
I'm shocked! I thought it was the law not to and here I've just found out I'm just a goody two shoes.
Still don't think i could live with the guilt grin

cantheyseeme Tue 10-Dec-13 13:43:45

Roses and pringles gone here grin
Its the honey roasted nuts and champagne i REALLY want though angry

ApprenticeViper Tue 10-Dec-13 13:44:24

Guilt my arse. I bought it and I'll bloody well wat it if I want to. And I want to grin

So far, I'm down a bar of Baileys truffle chocolate, a bag of honey roasted peanuts, a cranberry topped pork pie and I've started the bottle of Baileys Chocolat Luxe.

DP has observed (and aided) all of this, and has taken it upon himself to hide the tins of Quality Street and Roses bastard

ApprenticeViper Tue 10-Dec-13 13:45:25

*eat, not wat. Junk food induced typo smile

SmartiesMakeMeNaughty Tue 10-Dec-13 13:52:17

I'll admit to having done in a bottle of chocolate Bailey's. I'm going to be like a red faced gouty bastard from a Hogarth etching before we even get to Christmas.

loopylouu Tue 10-Dec-13 14:08:52

This is why I have hidden it all in the shed and locked it.

Every year for the past 12 or so I have devoured all the Christmas stuff by the 20th and had to buy more.

RaRayRay Tue 10-Dec-13 14:10:16

I have been trying so hard to resist smile

Dark I lost 2 stone on SW, not anymore am up by about half a stone hate to think what it will be after Xmas. Oh I love Christmas food. smile

Heartbrokenmum73 Tue 10-Dec-13 14:12:03

I have a feeling that Aldi are going to do well off the back off MN.

Quite a few of us now wanting the black forest stollen and the caramel and sea-salt fudge.

My mouth is watering just at the thought of it.

We won't all turn into asses like in Pinocchio will we?

WireCatGlitteryBaubles Tue 10-Dec-13 14:16:33

Roses. Open.

Celebrations. Nearly all gone.

We had a Xmas buffet on Sunday though so we've had quite. Bit of Xmas food. Was yum.

I want to open everything. To sample.

cantheyseeme Tue 10-Dec-13 14:19:53

Nuts are open grin
Am intrigued about these m&s bacon rashers, are they like frazzles?

JennyOnAPlate Tue 10-Dec-13 14:29:28

I've eaten half a tin of celebrations so far. Dh hasn't noticed yet so hopefully I can replace it when they're gone and he'll never know!

jeanmiguelfangio Tue 10-Dec-13 14:32:15

Now I don't know about you but someone me broke into our Christmas stash and ate the cheese and onion Pringles. And then when I bought more the culprit me ate them again. Left the BBQ ones though cos they are yuck
I've reported it to the police DH and he keeps blaming me!! The cheek of it!!

cantheyseeme Tue 10-Dec-13 14:34:25

I dont think we'll even eat so much over xmas, sick of chocolate already grin

Coveredinweetabix Tue 10-Dec-13 14:44:36

I'm reading this whilst munching my way through Aldi's maple syrup fudge which I fished out of the Xmas box earlier. Despite it not being that nice, I have only one piece left and it can't have been open more than an hour. I will have a sugar crash just as I collect the DC later.

HECTheHeraldAngelsSing Tue 10-Dec-13 14:45:59

I put all the christmas chocs, nuts etc into a bin liner and got my husband to put it in the loft. Otherwise it would all have gone by now grin

roguepixie Tue 10-Dec-13 14:48:50

I've probably found this thread too late but, in my extensive nibble sneaking experience ... it's the long slippery slope fgrin. Once you've sneaked you can never unsneak and have to keep sneaking!!!

bunnymother Tue 10-Dec-13 14:55:16

Oh, I love this thread. Not because it's making me feel better for eating my way through the DCs stocking lollies

limitedperiodonly Tue 10-Dec-13 15:11:32

You're all just weak grin

I am the Queen of Delayed Gratification married to the King of Zero- Willpower.

I can't have xmas chocolate in the house or Easter eggs because DH can't resist them. They have to be stored at my mum's and eggs from family have to be eked out - just one each every week. Otherwise he'd eat the lot.

He once took the seal off a tin of Roses ate some and mended it with sellotape on it. He kept doing it until there were hardly any left. I wasn't angry when I found out. I just bought another one. But he was very ashamed and blamed my mum for buying them and giving them to us in advance.

We can't have ice cream because he'll eat a litre or more in one sitting. Peanut butter is the same. In fact we don't have much that you can snack on. Bread and cheese is about it.

I once went to his office and thought someone had dropped a bottle of nail varnish remover - the smell was that strong and exactly like it.

He'd eaten an enormous bag of Haribo in one go.

He is far from fat, btw.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now