In sneaking some nibbles out of the Christmas cupboard.

(72 Posts)
notanotherusername1 Mon 09-Dec-13 19:15:13

Everyone is out. Not due back for 2 hours.

Fancying either M&S bacon rashes or opening the Honey roast peanuts.

I could easily replace before they are missed.

Everyone else has had a warning about not going in and touching anything so I know iabu but......

Heartbrokenmum73 Mon 09-Dec-13 20:07:46

Well, I know where I'm going shopping this week!

Thanks Kit grin

Breezy1985 Mon 09-Dec-13 20:09:05

Me and my mum opened the Christmas cake yesterday because it was out of date today shock glad she checked now grin

But I've already cracked open tins of roses and celebrations, and the pringles blush

This is why I'm not buying anymore till just before Christmas!

scratchandsniff Mon 09-Dec-13 20:09:17

I broke out the Lidl chilli roast peanuts and stealthily ate them over the course of the weekend. Finding it hard to resist the pistachios.

Heartbrokenmum73 Mon 09-Dec-13 20:10:01

Oh man, this thread is really weakening my resolve.

I want Roses now....

FortyMerryFuckers Mon 09-Dec-13 20:12:50

Oh I love m&s bacon rashers. I have already ate my Christmas cheese board & crackers, some posh crisps and drank the naice wine bought for presents fsmile

Beamur Mon 09-Dec-13 20:13:31

Go on, eat them.
MY Dad (one of 4 brothers) used to be threatened with all kinds of badness by their Mum if they touched the Christmas pop. My Nan would only buy it at Christmas and it came in crates from the milkman I think & would be stacked tantalisingly in the conservatory....
The boys used to quietly unstack the crates (she bought loads!) and drink all the pop in the bottom crate and then refill the bottles with water so they still looked full. Then restack the crates...Every year....Then make themselves very scarce indeed when the day came that the final layer were about to be drunk. Every year she then went ballistic.

FortyMerryFuckers Mon 09-Dec-13 20:14:10

Not the actual board (even I draw the line at that) just the cheeses from it!

WhereIsMyHat Mon 09-Dec-13 20:30:23

80% through a double tier of M&S Belgian biscuits here. Fererro rocher are my next targets.

It's December so it's fine. Plenty of time to buy more to replace.

PaulSmenis Mon 09-Dec-13 20:34:28

This is why I started buying me food just before Christmas. There's no point in me buying it too far in advance 'cause it never lasts and I just have to replace it.

I want to try that caramel/sea salt fudge. smile

Last night I was alone with X factor, sad, moi?! and I cracked open the thorntons chocolate covered toffee, a box not a packet, there's not a trace left today blush

Darkesteyes Mon 09-Dec-13 21:38:48

Been on Slimming World for 3 months and have lost just over a stone. Im too scared now to eat any Christmas food.sad Havent got any in yet which helps.

Well done dark that's awesome thanks you must let yourself a treat over crimbo tho!! cake

notanotherusername1 Mon 09-Dec-13 22:16:22

We only bought it all on Saturday. There was me spouting off in the supermarket that no one was allowed near any of it and woe betide them if they even thought of opening the cupboard. fblush

Tomorrow I will be in M&S buying one bag of Bacon Rashes.

They were bloody lovely. Enjoyed every last one.

Cheers.

Financeprincess Mon 09-Dec-13 22:42:52

DH and I woofed a Reese's chocolate snowman last night (recommended). I had to fetch it because I have hidden all the nice Christmas food in the garage away from DH. In the cupboard with the J cloths and polish; he'll never look there.

It was very enjoyable. Also, it is nearly Christmas innit?

RayPurchase Mon 09-Dec-13 22:50:27

I've eaten and replaced DS's chocolate coins for his stocking twice now blush and started on the chocolate covered hazelnuts and caremelised almonds.

Darkesteyes Mon 09-Dec-13 23:28:36

Thanks honey. My choice would be a slice of choccy yule log Heaven. Hope if i keep up the excsersise my weight shouldnt take too hard a hit. dream on dark

I baked loads of biscuits for christmas, 3 tins full.

2 tins are now empty. 1 is hidden. The teens and dh are guilty.
I only are the Lindor

ate strikeoutspellfail

ThursdayLast Mon 09-Dec-13 23:44:24

One box of lindor down here, and twiglets never last more than 24 hrs especially in the tin.

ZoeZoeZoe Mon 09-Dec-13 23:45:25

Not only are you being reasonable, but you are being caring and vigilant to prioritise their health in sampling dormant (and therefore potentially hazardous) foodstuffs for their benefit with no regard for your own well-being

hth

: )

Darkesteyes Tue 10-Dec-13 00:20:38

I miss Lindor sad

Allalonenow Tue 10-Dec-13 00:33:44

Black Forest stollen sounds irresistible.

I hate Lindor, hate the sensations of the middle bit of the chocolate, am I weird?! Give me thorntons or Lilly o'briens chocs and I won't refuse yougrin

SilverApples Tue 10-Dec-13 07:45:13

Yes you are.
Remember that thread about the 4 year old who ate all the chocolate from her advent calendar, and her sister's? This is the adult equivalent! {grin]

OwlinaTree Tue 10-Dec-13 07:56:53

I opened the chocolate finger wheel on Sunday. Very disappointing, was expecting a wheel arrangement of 3 different choccy fingers. In box was 3 separate packets of choc fingers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now