In sneaking some nibbles out of the Christmas cupboard.

(72 Posts)
notanotherusername1 Mon 09-Dec-13 19:15:13

Everyone is out. Not due back for 2 hours.

Fancying either M&S bacon rashes or opening the Honey roast peanuts.

I could easily replace before they are missed.

Everyone else has had a warning about not going in and touching anything so I know iabu but......

MommyBird Mon 09-Dec-13 19:18:15

Ive already eaten a bag of pretzels, 2 boxes of SF Chicken and a pizza.

It's taking everything i have not to open to Gin.

Go for it grin

catellington Mon 09-Dec-13 19:26:58

I already had the entire m and s Belgian biscuit selection and box of truffles. blush

catellington Mon 09-Dec-13 19:27:41

I really have to stop myself eating the christmas cake too... Did have a nibble from the bottom though

nomorecrumbs Mon 09-Dec-13 19:36:51

Jesus you people.

I've only had a Walnut Whip, 2 boxes of Maltesers, 2 Matchmakers and erm think that's it

Heartbrokenmum73 Mon 09-Dec-13 19:39:31

I ate the white chocolate fingers last night (that I bought for my sister blush) but it's ok because I bought 'the wrong ones' anyway and will replace them with the Bourneville ones, which I won't eat because bleurgh.

The Roses and Heroes keep giving me 'come hither' glances though...

Dawndonnaagain Mon 09-Dec-13 19:39:49

I admit to a box of M&S truffles!
fblush

Pollydingdonmerrilyonhigh Mon 09-Dec-13 19:42:44

Go for it I have fgrin

scottishmummy Mon 09-Dec-13 19:49:15

You must.its altruistic act,to protect family by tasting the food

WaitMonkey Mon 09-Dec-13 19:50:43

It's the law imo. I ate the Christmas biscuits and advent calendar ages ago.

ManifestoMT Mon 09-Dec-13 19:50:45

Do not.
Step away from the box.

It's the beginning of the long munch of horror .

Take it from someone who accidentally scoffed the ferrero Roche ( 2 boxes!!! 2 fecking boxes)

Burps a silent almondy burb

Heartbrokenmum73 Mon 09-Dec-13 19:51:23

Yes, that's it exactly!

If I don't test the chocolate fingers, who will? My dsis has a 2 year-old son - what if he got some of the chocolate fingers and they were poisonous? It's for the best that I ate them, really grin

Won't someone please think of the children?!?

notanotherusername1 Mon 09-Dec-13 19:53:15

Ok the Bacon Rashes are open. I have to eat the whole bag as can't put half a bag back. wink Will need to stuff bag to bottom of recycling when I have finished troffing.

I knew this would happen, just knew it.

OrangePixie Mon 09-Dec-13 19:54:43

Check the date. You probably bought them far too early and they'll be gone off by Xmas.

And if you can't make out the date because the kitchen light is off, then best be on the safe side and eat them now.

Mignonette Mon 09-Dec-13 19:56:31

I ate all the saltwater taffy I had sent over from the USA last week fblush. And the Marshmallow Peeps.

I have the self control of KH in a field quite clearly.

Chopsypie Mon 09-Dec-13 19:56:53

I've already eaten two packets of nuts, a tube of Pringles, a tin of roses and three(!) packets of aldi sea salt fudge.

And drank a bottle of home made baileys that was going to be a gift.

All aided and abetted by DH though.

chipsandpeas Mon 09-Dec-13 19:57:19

that is why i dont get much in way before xmas, many a times a xmas selecction box has been opened when i get a choccy craving

Heartbrokenmum73 Mon 09-Dec-13 19:57:49

I have the self control of KH in a field quite clearly.

Quote of the day! grin

IsabellaRockerfeller Mon 09-Dec-13 19:58:38

I'm tucking into the Xmas cheese and biscuits washed down with a glass of the Xmas wine!

Cheers fgrin

Mignonette Mon 09-Dec-13 19:58:41

And I think you are a really caring and most thoughtful parent by testing the Christmas delicacies.

Most parents would risk the well being of their precious children by giving them unopened untested food stuffs. There could be all manner of things wrong with them. Who will think of the children?

kitsmummy Mon 09-Dec-13 20:00:30

Blackforest stollen and 2 packs of the caramel/sea salt fudge (same as chopsy above).

Which is actually the full compliment of Christmas food that I have bought so far

Heartbrokenmum73 Mon 09-Dec-13 20:01:48

Blackforest stollen and 2 packs of the caramel/sea salt fudge

Where the actual fuck did you get these from because I need them in my life?

HerrenaHarridan Mon 09-Dec-13 20:02:10

This is why my Xmas food stash lives at my mums. sad

It's not so bad though my Xmas booze stash lives with me smile

kitsmummy Mon 09-Dec-13 20:04:15

Heartbroken... Both from Aldi, although I haven't seen the fudge in there for a few weeks otherwise I would have eaten a lot more of it blush

MillyStar Mon 09-Dec-13 20:06:17

Last night I wrapped up the big box of thorntons that I bought for fil to stop me openong them. I can still hear them shouting me though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now