To expect DP to keep his phone on silent in the night? (Minor, petty and ragey, sorry!)

(19 Posts)
Babysealion Mon 09-Dec-13 07:19:38

All night long I have been woken up by incessant buzzing and pings because DP didn't put his phone on silent. Emails, the odd text, everytime an order went through on the website/eBay store, push notifications from apps etc etc.
I've repeatedly told him in the past to keep his phone on silent in the night because his mum insists on ringing at ridiculous hours (think 11 pm) and if he doesn't answer the phone she will repeatedly ring!
I am 32 weeks pregnant and don't get the best sleep anyway. Now I am laid wide awake at 7.30 am on my day off after a night of broken sleep angry
I told him 5 times last night to put his phone on silent before I got up and turned it off myself. AIBU to be angry?!

CallMeNancy Mon 09-Dec-13 07:21:09

Shove phone up his bottom. It will annoy him & be quiet for you.

ZillionChocolate Mon 09-Dec-13 07:23:33

Phone up his bottom is the way forward.

Babysealion Mon 09-Dec-13 07:24:58

Think I will take that advice tonight. Either that or he can sleep in the spare room!

paxtecum Mon 09-Dec-13 07:25:17

Alternatively flush it down the toilet.
Tell his DM that you all go to bed at 9.00pm, so please don't ring after then.

paxtecum Mon 09-Dec-13 07:26:20

BTW, it's not a petty complaint.
DP is being very inconsiderate.

livinginawinterwonderland Mon 09-Dec-13 07:37:47

Genuinely forgetting is one thing, but refusing after you've asked 5 times is just selfish and inconsiderate.

I don't sleep well if I've been woken up either. This would make me ragey!

Babysealion Mon 09-Dec-13 07:39:30

I am tempted to say that tonight all phones/electronic devices have to be left in the living room! (But that wouldn't work as we use our phones for alarms for work)

on mine I can set a blocking mode where you set the times that you don't want to hear notifications. mine is set for between 10pm and 7am. Means you don't have to remember to put it on mute as it stops making noises automatically. have a samsung galaxy s3.

SwimmingMom Mon 09-Dec-13 07:51:25

Tell me about it! ��

I have resorted to the mundane route of 'asking' & 'checking' every night & threatening to chuck the phone out the window if it so much as makes a peep on the given night. Working at the mo.

liquidstate Mon 09-Dec-13 10:11:15

Firstly I would get a standard alarm clock then you can both leave mobiles elsewhere.

Secondly phone up bottom is the only other answer. I will be doing this tonight with my DH. Its very annoying and he has just switched to an I phone so it buzzes and bleeps with every facebook update and junk email received. His sister also decided to facetime him last night at 10.30pm when we do to bed at 9.30 as he has to get up very early for work. hmm

specialsubject Mon 09-Dec-13 10:27:07

not petty at all. Phones shouldn't be in the bedroom anyway. Buy an alarm clock and leave phones DOWNSTAIRS AND OFF.

MaidOfStars Mon 09-Dec-13 10:29:03

As above, mobile phones do not belong in the bedroom.

SooticaTheWitchesCat Mon 09-Dec-13 10:34:20

He shouldn't have his phone in the bedroom. Ban it to the living room and buy an alarm clock!

stickysausages Mon 09-Dec-13 10:39:23

Not on. You're a nicer person than me, as I would have thrown said phone out the window.

MistAllChuckingFrighty Mon 09-Dec-13 10:40:52

Get a cheap alarm clock and leave phones out of the bedroom.

Babysealion Mon 09-Dec-13 11:08:05

Am gonna go to Argos today and get a cheapy alarm clock. No more phones in the bedroom from tonight onwards - and if MIL has a dire emergency she'll just have to call the landline!

MistAllChuckingFrighty Mon 09-Dec-13 11:09:46

Simple, innit fsmile

Quangle Mon 09-Dec-13 11:13:14

This is exactly why I have an alarm clock and a landline. Landline for emergencies. Mobile phone for endless drivel and texts and spam all night. Mobile phones do not belong in the bedroom and OP you are being unreasonably nice about this grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now