AIBU to have a poo in the evening?

(151 Posts)
Loftyjen Sun 08-Dec-13 23:47:23

DH claims poo'ing in the evening (after 10pm) is abnormal & that it is weird and IBU to do it.
tbh, I poo when I have time/am able to & with a 3 yo & 3 wo this is most often when he's around, but I don't deliberately hang on until the evening.

He claims that most people are like him & will hold into it rather than poo in the evening - according to him, all poo'ing should be done in the morning (ideally mid-morning going by his w/e habits) & that variation in the time of day that I go is weird & I should just hold on & go in the morning (like him).

Please reassure me that he's the weird one who's BU wink

HOMEQCRICH Wed 11-Dec-13 19:17:13

This thread is just too funny!! How can you hold on?? Sometimes I may get a faint gurgle where I think 'hang on think I will need to go soon..' but mostly its fairly urgent.. The phrases 'touching cloth' and 'tortoise head' apply within seconds of feeling the urge. I am fortunate that I am usually a once a day kind of person usually within 10 mins of waking up. Often i play the cup of tea challenge and see if I can finish making my tea before having to dash.. I usually complete the tea but it can be a close call..

However this is not an exact science.. the ten minute rule almost never applies when I stay at my dp's house. I usually leave there within half an hour of waking not wanting to go until about 5 minutes into my car journey home I then have to negotiate rush hour, feeling clammy hot and cold, with my hair standing on end in a blind panic and praying for no more red lights!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now