to have put less effort into the presents wrapped after the festive sherry?

(19 Posts)

I'm not a great wrapper. If you're lucky you get a stick on bow. After three a festive sherry the presents at the back end of the line look shabby. Am I going to hell?

Mine look like that without Sherry. fgrin
I start out with good intentions, but it all goes south pretty quick. The last ones don't even get a stick on bow.

gobbynorthernbird Sun 08-Dec-13 21:47:20

I do my best wrapping when I'm a bit pissed. Or possibly care less.

The early ones even had curly ribbon. The last ones are in Aldi bags secured with string, well, almost wink.

ShylaMcClaus Sun 08-Dec-13 21:48:49

I use these

Can't go wrong much

(As if i'm wasting a good strong-handled Aldi bag on a present! Pah!).

Ooh i'm liking the Lakeland wrap fixers. Convenient and I can be wanky and say cellotape? Ha! Peasant, I use wrap fixings.

ShylaMcClaus Sun 08-Dec-13 22:09:08

They don't work very well with M&S paper (get me!) - it's too thick, but fine with Morrisons etc

I like to have a few bottles glasses on Christmas Eve and have a wrapping fest and used to have the twisted sellotape with my fucking hairs stuck in it nightmare but no more.

<submits to Lakeland as a review>

SunshineMMum Sun 08-Dec-13 23:03:28

I was going to say the same as Skinkies, mine are all mismatched and awful. I thought I was being clever buying a wrapping through the year, but they are a bit damp and crinkly from the loft confused

Leeds2 Sun 08-Dec-13 23:06:08

YABU drinking sherry.

My presents look awful. This year, the ones I ordered online for my parents arrived ready wrapped. Result!! Don't think my 15 year old is overly bothered!

TrinityRhinoTheUltimateQueen Sun 08-Dec-13 23:06:18

last year dd1 actually helped me wrpa her own presents

I know, it sounds bad but she said it was fine, she knew what they were anyway (to ensure she actually got things she wanted)

anywho, we ran out of wrapping paper so a couple of hers just had a token chunk stuck on the side of them

see I'm the one going to hell grin

ShylaMcClaus Sun 08-Dec-13 23:08:05

Nope Trin, upwards you go for being teetotal for so long. Sorry.

And congrats thanks

Must admit I feel better now knowing that Trinity has taken my spot in hell. Wrap your own dear, its just as magical. For SHAME!

Oh but me sending the glitter kid to the self serve tills to buy her own minecraft book for Christmas is different. It's different I tells you!

TrinityRhinoTheUltimateQueen Sun 08-Dec-13 23:12:12

why are you saying sorry?

I am ridiculously proud of myself for just giving up the drink and never looking back grin

I try not to gloat but inside it feels awesome...18 months now

also off the nasty fags since march grin I'm a vaping girl now

Am ignoring leeds for calling sherry drinking unreasonable. It's snowballs and cherry b on Christmas eve!

TrinityRhinoTheUltimateQueen Sun 08-Dec-13 23:15:11

roffle...for shame!!!

She wanted to help, I tried to stop her.
When I said that it would ruin the magic she said with the accompanying eye roll 'mum, I know he's not real, its ok' smile

but sending her to buy her own redstone minecraft book would be A STEP TOO FAR!!!!! I'M SHOCKED grin

ShylaMcClaus Sun 08-Dec-13 23:37:10

Gah - no. Not sorry for you at all. You're free! Just not going to hell grin

trufflesnuffler Sun 08-Dec-13 23:44:22

I wrap my presents in baconfoil!

TrinityRhinoTheUltimateQueen Sun 08-Dec-13 23:49:51

oh erm, no I definitely did not wrap all of geckos presents in tinfoil on her birthday a couple of years back

no not at all

to be fair, she thought they were wrapped in magic paper, I knew she would
I'm not that mean

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now