people who don't turn off their keypad tones

(31 Posts)
namechangesforthehardstuff Sun 08-Dec-13 15:54:03

Public hanging or train ejector seats? I just can't decide.

AIBU? I fucking know I'm not.

BlackeyedShepherdswatchsheep Sun 08-Dec-13 22:58:32

I am not sure I can turn off the keypad tones... tis an old phone...

ManifestoMT Sun 08-Dec-13 22:55:02

The sent from iPhone message means I don't have to text back and apologise for the crap spelling,it's apple predictive text fault not me

chirpchirp Sun 08-Dec-13 22:54:50

Aww man, I'm one of those dicks with 'sent from iPad/iPhone" at the bottom of emails, I didn't know you could turn it off.

My name is chirp chirp and I'm a Luddite fuckwit.

Calabria Sun 08-Dec-13 22:28:09

I didn't know you could turn off the 'sent from my iPad' thingy. I shall have to investigate that.

YANBU

Whatdoiknowanyway Sun 08-Dec-13 20:58:14

Why don't you just ask him to turn them off?

friday16 Sun 08-Dec-13 20:27:23

People at concerts taking photographs, or worse videos, who are too fucking stupid to turn off the "beep" when they press a button.

CleverClod Sun 08-Dec-13 19:37:32

I have my keyboard sounds on, but for a very good reason, I'm almost blind and it tells me when things are 'happening' on my iPad.

.............. and we don't all use caps either :D

Pixel Sun 08-Dec-13 19:33:15

And yes, my sister does that 'sent from my ipad' thing. I always wonder if I'm meant to be impressed. Cos I'm not.

Pixel Sun 08-Dec-13 19:32:15

I always turn off the keypad tones as soon as I get a new phone. If I'm in a dodgy situation and want to call for help I don't want anyone to hear me dialling 999! <paranoid>
My mum has a Samsung phone and we've all (including two very techy people) tried to turn off the annoying tones but there seems to be no way of doing it. We've found the place in the settings but when you click on it nothing happens.

whereisshe Sun 08-Dec-13 18:54:04

Train ejector seats!! That is a truly genius idea. Yes, for both the keypad-tones crime, but also for many many other train crimes. It would come in so handy! They could install voting buttons on all the seats as well - carriage majority rules re whether the ejector seat is used or not.

FortyDoorsToNowhere Sun 08-Dec-13 18:50:46

in the house they are on, dont tell the DC they are dying to know how i always catch them.

Out and about turn them off, there is no need to here click click click.

namechangesforthehardstuff Sun 08-Dec-13 18:45:19

HE IS WEARING HEADPHONES.

So I can hear it but he can't.

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

I'm afraid I am going to have to make him eat one of the luggage racks...

Sent from my Android device.

scripsi Sun 08-Dec-13 18:44:19

70 what is your ringtone??!

mrspremise Sun 08-Dec-13 18:39:42

DH has utterly fucking Babylon Zoo 'Spaceman' as his ringtone. I want to punch him every time the phone rings... angry

Trills Sun 08-Dec-13 17:57:31

There is a special circle of hell for these people.

I bet they write their texts in ALL CAPS

TheHeadlessLadyofCannock Sun 08-Dec-13 17:56:18

Ejector seats and then public hanging, on a 'three strikes and you're out' basis.

70, you have to tell us what your ringtone is now!

noblegiraffe Sun 08-Dec-13 17:51:14

Them and people who don't turn off the fucking 'Sent from my iPad' signature on emails.

Sent from my iPhone

MunchMunch Sun 08-Dec-13 16:36:39

YANBU

Gets right on my nerves! My df and dm used to have theirs on until I complained and made them turn it off. I ask dm everyday to turn the volume off on her laptop when she plays the games on Facebook, makes me wanna scream angry

namechangesforthehardstuff Sun 08-Dec-13 16:31:47

I could move. But I'm with dh and dd so it might be easier to just FUCKING HILL HIM.

AwkwardSquad Sun 08-Dec-13 16:27:39

I know moving seats is a lot easier said than done on most routes, I'm lucky as my commute isn't usually too crowded.

AwkwardSquad Sun 08-Dec-13 16:26:11

I sometimes move seats to get away from that kind of knob. And sniffers. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

namechangesforthehardstuff Sun 08-Dec-13 16:19:47

He clearly knows how to do it 'cos he's changed it to that kind of pop pop pop noise.

Pop pop pop.

Pop pop pop.

Pop pop pop.

I AM GOING TO FUCKING KILL HIM.

Mia4 Sun 08-Dec-13 16:17:02

YANBU. Phone inserted somewhere sideways? I hate when then arseholes play music through their phones without headphones as if we really want to hear their crap.

Oh Keypad TONES not Ringtones.....

I am so not techy...
Can't even send a text from my 'phone blush

<<Goes off to ponder kittens. And Embroidery>>

<<sigh>>

My phone has THE BEST ringtone ever in the history of mankind

shame no bugger ever phones me fsad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now