Star Wars

(40 Posts)
Gruntled Sat 07-Dec-13 20:52:54

My DD7 has just decided that she has to watch Star Wars. Am I being unreasonable to completely ignore the 3 newer films and jump straight in to the 'good' ones?

ShylaMcClaus Sun 08-Dec-13 00:08:51

They have spaceships and Harrison Ford drama and pathos and Harrison Ford romance and action shock

Isthatwhatdemonsdo Sun 08-Dec-13 00:24:19

Harrison Ford is in them. Enough said.

BeaWheesht Sun 08-Dec-13 00:28:56

Ds much prefers the old ones.

but then he loves ghostbusters and home alone and the old it's a wonderful life...

Kewcumber Sun 08-Dec-13 00:29:00

I started DS off on Episode 4 and we went in order they were made - he's 8 now and it doesn;t seem to have scarred him for life.

Asheth Sun 08-Dec-13 02:02:06

I love Star Wars! But of the new three Revenge of the Sith is definitly the best. A phantom Menace is all about the special effects and Attack of the clones is ok but nothing compared to the original three. Revengenof the Sith is the only one I consider to be a good film. But it ruins the effect of "I am your father" if you watch it before the Empire Striles Back.

ZingSweetPea Sun 08-Dec-13 02:47:41

do or do not. there's no try.

may the Force be with you!

grin

ZingSweetPea Sun 08-Dec-13 02:49:17

original trilogy first

then the rest

Euphemia Sun 08-Dec-13 04:18:49

DH drives DD nuts by saying the lines just before the actors do. smile

Panzee Sun 08-Dec-13 05:17:07

There are only three films.

Morgause Sun 08-Dec-13 05:24:49

There are only three Star Wars films. fgrin

sashh Sun 08-Dec-13 08:17:24

Don't forget to film her face when she finds out who Darth Vader is.

Gruntled Sun 08-Dec-13 09:03:35

We are starting with IV this morning. I just hope it doesn't mean I'll need to start buying the toys as well!

Ha ha! Our kids have grown up with Star Wars toys in this house, most of them are mine and DH's. grin

PointyChristmasFairyWand Sun 08-Dec-13 17:51:25

We've watched IV, V and VI but are holding off on the later ones specifically because III is so dark - and our DDs are the kind who get nightmares.

Yes, only the originals. The new ones are not in the same league. Looking forward to my Christmas StarWarsathon now fgrin

Saw the last one recently again on Itv and the redemption of Darth Vader always makes me misty eyed. Got to love those ewoks too. Have put Star Wars lego on my Christmas wishlist so fingers crossed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now