Which supermarket party food bits would you recomend?

(30 Posts)
FestiveFeelings Sat 07-Dec-13 18:42:51

I am luckily enough to live close to most of the big four supermarkets so can pick and chose which party food to buy.

Also have Lidl and Aldi not far away.

What are the best bits of all the party food ranges?

Jinty64 Sun 08-Dec-13 07:45:25

Marks and Spencer's party food is awesome but quite expensive. The dc's had some of the Tesco's party food or a buffet tea a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it. I only ate tasted the chilli prawns and they were lovely.

KenDoddsDadsDog Sun 08-Dec-13 07:50:41

My two nicest things are bacon wrapped !
Bacon wrapped cheese and bacon wrapped prawns from M&S .

DeathByLaundry Sun 08-Dec-13 07:51:34

Tesco do some lovely olives and cream cheese stuffed peppers. Very tasty nibbles.

I also got some orange stickered prawny things from the co-op recently but they're in the freezer. I'll report back if I cave and munch them grin

bakingaddict Sun 08-Dec-13 08:03:48

I always like the stuffed jalapeno peppers and both Sainsbury's and Tesco do them. Have seen the Tesco Finest party food range which is 3 for 2 and I think I might go with that this year.

M&S. I have bought TWELVE boxes of party food (we have 3 stages of family coming, not just for me grin).

The scallops come in the shell on pea puree so will do for a starter. But there are other things that would be great for a buffet eg mini pies, mini beef wellingtons, chicken lollipops etc.

The crucial thing is I saved £27 with the offer. I may have spent £10m, but I SAVED £27 wink.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now