Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to be fucking livid after yet another cock-up at work?

(32 Posts)
HerlockSholmes Sat 07-Dec-13 09:01:16

have had a million ongoing problems at work which recently culminated in me being signed off with stress and grievance being submitted.

last week was my first week back and i got "paid" yesterday and over half my wage is missing, they have put my sick pay through as unauthorised absence. they said it would be sorted yesterday and i'm still fucking waiting. head office is closed at the weekend so cant chase anyone up.

i'm a single mum, i don't have cash to fall back on in a situation like this, it's two sodding weeks before christmas and i have a son to feed and bills to pay and all i got was an "oh we've put it through wrong we'll sort it for you" no apology, nothing, and they haven't even bloody sorted it.

Shenanagins Sun 08-Dec-13 01:38:20

If you incur any charges for late payment you can claim this off of the company, usually you will need to provide evidence.

DoubleLifeIsALifeOfSorts Sun 08-Dec-13 05:36:02

Sounds like your work aren't being professional in a number of areas. After you get wages sorted out, can you start looking for another job?

HerlockSholmes Sun 08-Dec-13 09:33:54

they are not really. i have submitted a grievance but to be honest the day HR came to meet with me the place was in uproar because of weather and powercuts and they didn't take it very seriously or offer any real solutions.

to be honest i am past caring and juat trying not to be stressed about it but that's difficult when it's two weeks before christmas and they haven't bothered to indicate when i will get my wage.

i'd love another job but living in such a remote area limits my options alot, there are few jobs available and no childcare in my village. hopefully when ds is at school after summer i will have more options.

Jinty64 Sun 08-Dec-13 10:00:02

OP phone the bank first thing tomorrow morning to make them aware of the problem. If they are aware you may be able to come to an arrangement to avoid fees. Be sure to get the name of the person you speak to to add to your evidence if you have to claim back charges from your company.

HerlockSholmes Sun 08-Dec-13 10:46:05

Thanks Jinty... hadn't really thoyght about phoning the bank, assumed it the onus would all be on my end but it's worth a try.

Jinty64 Sun 08-Dec-13 10:51:57

Dh is self employed and we have times when we can be short of money to pay bills and direct debits but waiting on quite a lot coming in. I find that if you keep the bank informed they are usually quite obliging.

HerlockSholmes Sun 08-Dec-13 10:57:47

That's good to know, i am usually ok at keeping on top of it all but i have no comeback in an emergency like this so if the bank are normally supportive it's good to have that in mind.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now