strange requests for santa

(174 Posts)

coming out from sainsburys today and my dd4 saw a sea king search and rescue helicopter and the top of her wish list now is a proper helicopter.got me thinking any funny requests from your little darlings

ShriekingGnawer Fri 06-Dec-13 21:27:00

channels santa

MoanyMandy - DS1 (yes, the same one that wants a quince tree) asked for an air guitar last year and we did manage to get him one from tesco! It works with lasers or something and was about a fiver.

skaen Fri 06-Dec-13 21:31:01

DD wanted a pale blue hairband with yellow spots and a bow on it. She mentioned this to a very inexperienced Santa we saw at a grotto who said that was fine and would definitely be in her stocking on Christmas Day.

We couldn't find a suitable hair band or material so ended up getting a normal hairband, blue material with white dots and spent Christmas eve hand colouring all the dots. We're not going to a grotto again!

vole3 Fri 06-Dec-13 22:05:40

The year my niece was 2 she asked for a willy as she wanted to be a boy

starlight1234 Fri 06-Dec-13 22:10:26

DS last year wanted everything he saw an advert got ...high point he wanted an ambi pure air freshener when that advert came on...lol

Opheliabumps Fri 06-Dec-13 22:41:39

This year my two were easy to please, the usual lego, batcave, princess castle, mermaid type stuff.

Last year DD had us stumped for ages when she requested a 'turny lamp'. Much questioning later, we realised she meant an anglepoise lamp, as you can turn it.

I love 'jellyfish with wheels', that made me genuinely lol!

ZoeZoeZoe Fri 06-Dec-13 23:12:34

When I was 7, apparently all I wanted was a stapler - got one too : )

my daughter wanted Rocket Boots a few years ago and was quite disappointed that they didn't exist : (

MotherofthreeDragons Fri 06-Dec-13 23:25:06

This year DS (6) asked Santa at his grotto for a transformer that turns from a monster truck into a walking robot the same hight as him. Father Christmas then spoke to him all about transformers much to DS delight. On the bus home he said "I can't wait or my transformer that is this big, Santa promised me" (umm, no,he didnt! I was there!) But no amount of "he can't give it to you, I doesn't exist" is met by "the elves are magic, they can Make annnyyythiinggg!" hmm

DD1 used to ask for an older brother confused

ShylaMcClaus Fri 06-Dec-13 23:32:06

I was looking at threads I was on a year ago for another thread and saw that some poor MNers DC had asked for a book about how to draw hamsters in different positions <falls off chair laughing again>

My son used to ask for toys that have not yet been manufactured. He was very distressed when Angry Birds only released SOME of the Star Wars plush toy characters last year.

BeeMom Fri 06-Dec-13 23:53:43

My DD (age 8, but disabled, and intellectually much younger) wants a Dalek.

Not a toy, or a picture or a model, she wants the real thing.

Maybe she can get it to ex-ter-min-ate the centipedes in my cellar...

greeneyes1978 Sat 07-Dec-13 00:07:49

A low point for me was the year DS2 requested Mr Tumble pants. At the time there wasn't any Mr Tumble merchandise at all. I ended up sewing tiny coloured buttons and felt spots on to 7 pairs of pants as DH printed off Mr Tumble's face to put in the packet.

It all felt a bit wrong really.

ForSaletotheHighestBidder Sat 07-Dec-13 00:16:28

A friend of DDs asked for a cloud for her birthday. Loved it.
DS has spent the last 3 years asking for "Mega Thomas" from Santa. Every year we've bought what we thought was Mega Thomas, based on extensive google research and quizzing of the child. None of the Thomas related items were correct. For example on Christmas day 1: "MEGA THOMAS!! LOOK! IT'S MEGA THOMAS! Oh Mum it's not mega Thomas, his remote control is the wrong colour.".
Christmas day 2: "MEGA THOMAS!! LOOK! IT'S MEGA THOMAS! Oh Mum it's not mega Thomas, his number 1 is in the wrong place.". etc
confused

Doubletroublemummy2 Sat 07-Dec-13 01:12:01

A real unicorn with wings,

MotherofthreeDragons Sat 07-Dec-13 08:36:10

DD2 (2.5) has just asked for a big tiny thing confused

ninipops Sat 07-Dec-13 19:37:34

DS 2.6 wants a shadow!

RealAleandOpenFires Sat 07-Dec-13 20:47:26

Re:- jellyfish with wheels.

Get hold of a solid plastic jellyfish toy and try to glue or screw some Lego* wheels into the base/side.

*other compatible blocks makes are available btw.

RealAleandOpenFires Sat 07-Dec-13 20:54:28

That should read...With a small screw through the Lego wheel base/skateboard into the side/base of said Jellyfish.

FyreFly Sat 07-Dec-13 21:48:06

Blue boxes. Just blue boxes - I put presents in boxes and wrapped them in blue paper.

A full-size model of Pride Rock from the Lion King (couldn't do anything there I'm afraid).

A cage to lock her younger brother in (ditto).

GoldFrankincenseAndTwiglets Sat 07-Dec-13 23:48:13

This will out me but last year DS asked for a cockroach farting machine. FC got him a rubber cockroach and painstakingly attached one of those novelty fart keyrings to it. He has never been so happy since smile The year before that he wanted a snail and the year before that he wanted a purse with a string.

Smoorikins Sun 08-Dec-13 08:53:36

This year I asked my daughter what she thought I should get her granny for Christmas.

She thought I should get her another grandchild.

Umm. It was 3 weeks away, and I'm single. Did I mention my daughter is 17 years old?

jellyandcake Sun 08-Dec-13 10:11:56

Lunatic I have definitely seen a sweet dispenser in the shape of a reindeer where the small chocolate pellets emerge from the reindeer's bottom!

My ds has asked for very normal things this year but I know someone whose children wrote to Santa requesting that he bring the family dog back from Heaven..

asandwichshort Sun 08-Dec-13 10:55:40

A friends son, - a tin of corn beef!! Duly wrapped and presented on Christmas Day to a very happy child!!

VikingLady Sun 08-Dec-13 12:12:00

ForSale could mega Thomas be the Thomas the Tank Engine Megabloks?

YetAnotherFucker Sun 08-Dec-13 12:45:06
SugarMiceInTheRain Sun 08-Dec-13 13:08:21

This thread has made me laugh out loud. My eldest is pretty eccentric but his strangest request is a skateboard. He has ASD and is terribly uncoordinated, and I am sure his skateboarding attempts will end in tears but at least he has asked for something that exists!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now