strange requests for santa

(174 Posts)

coming out from sainsburys today and my dd4 saw a sea king search and rescue helicopter and the top of her wish list now is a proper helicopter.got me thinking any funny requests from your little darlings

VotePedroPony Wed 04-Dec-13 21:53:46

My 3 year old has asked for a statue confused

stretch Wed 04-Dec-13 21:53:58

Ds2 (4) wants make-up. Announced it to the whole playground, near enough,at pick up time! grin it was only on the way home we realised he meant face paint but we are getting him some plastic toy make-up too gringringrin

littleblackno Wed 04-Dec-13 21:55:36

My ds (8) wants a wishing well so he doesn't have to ask santa for anything he can just wish for it hmm
We did discuss the meaning of the word 'optimistic', and he's settled for making one instead.

cocobongo Wed 04-Dec-13 21:57:00

My DD (4) asked for a raspberry & cranberry yoghurt..... good to set their sights low this early in life!

coco35 Wed 04-Dec-13 21:58:09

my ds (3) wants a ladder!

Chopsypie Wed 04-Dec-13 21:58:30

Mine wants a beard.
I've bought him a stick on one, and he said he will play with it until Santa brings him his real one for Christmas.
I'm contemplating sticking cotton wool to his face whilst he's asleep

monkeysox Wed 04-Dec-13 21:58:53

A toy toad that hops! Ds age 4

Heartbrokenmum73 Wed 04-Dec-13 21:59:47

I remember the year when all DD wanted was a toy magic wand. We went to McDonald's that week and she got one with Cinderella on it - result grin

But I also got her one from ELC that lit up and played music.

She.nearly.died!

Blueuggboots Wed 04-Dec-13 22:00:25

My friend's 4 year old wants a reindeer.
My son who is nearly 3 goes to bed every night chanting "mummy, buy a cuuuuu-rane" after I corrected him because he was saying he wanted a "cane" but meant "crane" (I hope!).

Minshu Wed 04-Dec-13 22:01:45

From 4 yo DD: a brand new Christmas ladybird hopscotch game. Fortunately she also wants stuff that does exist...

SmallSherryforMedicinal Wed 04-Dec-13 22:03:48

Ds has asked for a volcano two years running. A playmobil set that incorporated Dinos and a volcano didnt cut it. He wants an actual one....

nobutreally Wed 04-Dec-13 22:04:00

Dd & ds have both asked for cardboard boxes this year. Last year they asked for ... Cardboard boxes. They're 7 & 9 ... Surely they should be holding out for iPads?!

NothingMoreScaryThanAHairyMary Wed 04-Dec-13 22:06:22

DD6 has asked for a pineapple.

She asked for one last year (sat in the kitchen writing Christmas list looking around for inspiration...) we ignored it as she has pineapple at least once a week in her packed lun (she is NOT pineapple deprived!)

This year she has remembered she didn't get one last year so has put it down again. With comedic sigh and much hmm. Think Santa is going to get confused and she will have a pineapple dance t-shirt (loves dancing).

NothingMoreScaryThanAHairyMary Wed 04-Dec-13 22:07:29

DD is 6 not no.6!!

Ds1 asked for a surprise this year which was unusual given that he always had very definite ideas as to what he wants.

It then transpired this is because a girl in his class asked for a surprise. And got an ipod touch. There followed an attempt to manage expectations (and silent swears at her parents)

queenofthepirates Wed 04-Dec-13 22:15:11

2yo dd has asked for a pepperami
which is a shame because we're vegetarians otherwise I'd get her 20.

snowsnowohno Wed 04-Dec-13 22:17:03

My ds 2.11months wants a spoon!!

Onlyjoking Wed 04-Dec-13 22:20:27

DS asked for a microwave egg poacher and a ball of string!

Rahahaharubbish Wed 04-Dec-13 22:20:38

My now 17 year old had us totally perplexed many years back by asking Santa for 'spoons'. We took her to several Santas - mostly just to get a bit more info but were totally lost because the request was just 'spoons' with a big smile. One day, wandering around Wilkos she got very excited at a cutlery set... cue one last minute trip out for play tea set and cutlery and all was well by Christmas morning grin

PuzzleRocks Wed 04-Dec-13 22:20:46

DD2 wants a doll of me. She's only 4 so I'm rather hoping she didn't prefix "voodoo" under her breath.

FeckOffCup Wed 04-Dec-13 22:22:38

My almost 3 year old wants a yo yo. I am hoping she will forget about this as I have no intention of getting her one when it would lead to endless tantrums when she doesn't have the co-ordination to do it and would probably end up being hurled in temper.

Monetbyhimself Wed 04-Dec-13 22:23:42

DD would like a sabre toothed tiger and some marzipan sweets.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Wed 04-Dec-13 22:24:14

Ds2 asked for pink slippers and a snowball a couple of years ago - he got both grin

Not mine, but a friend's DD once asked for blue-tac. And a bottle of conditioner grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now