Just so so so disgusting.

(75 Posts)
Mouthfulofquiz Sun 01-Dec-13 22:59:40

Would it be unreasonable of me to want to punch in the face, the disgusting person who let their dog shit on the pavement outside my house without picking it up? If I see it happen, I will be out of my house in a shot... And if I then happen to see them walk to a car, I will take their reg number, and the next time they park near my house, I'm going to smear that dog shit under the drivers side door handle.
Yes, I have more important things to worry about but it's so disgusting. Luckily my husband realised he had trodden in it before he walked in the house. What are people playing at??

Someone is letting their dog do this on my front lawn. Every morning a fresh pile on the grass angry.

I pick up my dogs poop religiously and carry water to pour over any smears if its loose (sorry!). Its not hard and its a tiny part of responsible dog ownership. YANBU OP.

Yanbu! I had some bastard let their animal do it in my garden last week too & 2 of my dc stood in it just before schoolconfused leaving me to clean their shoes <boak>

VisualiseAHorse - I thought of that thread too! It made me smile at the time.

thebody Mon 02-Dec-13 18:07:24

totally op, it's vile.

PMDD Mon 02-Dec-13 18:03:53

I am a new dog owner - 10 week old puppy that has lived with us for the past 3 weeks. I have poo sacks in my dressing gown pockets, coat pockets, jeans pockets, car doors etc etc etc.

There is no excuse to not pick up dog poo. I pick up the poo from my own garden too, instantly after she goes.

Wannabestepfordwife Mon 02-Dec-13 15:54:18

Yanbu my town is horrific for it you can't walk into town without having to dodge the poo (counted 22 on a half mile walk today) or where some poor sod has gone through it with a pram and there's skid marks on the the pavement.

Don't get me started on cats we have a gravel drive and all the cats on the estate seem to think its a giant litter tray.

A group of us in our neighbourhood petitioned the local area about this. We asked people to sign to ask our local council to provide more resources to catching and fining offenders.

We got them to introduce dog mess reporting by text, and reverse a decision to cut dog wardens. Neighbourhood wardens can also take enforcement action against non cleaner uppers.

Iris445 Mon 02-Dec-13 15:05:18

I had a neighbor who did this, twice a day she walked three dogs who all pooed on the lane around my house!

I asked if she was cleaning up after her dog. I explained that if I caught whoever it was ( death stare) I would be depositing it on their front step.

She huffed and puffed and claimed to kick it to the side if the lane, we had a very tense conversation.

She never walks past now. She goes a different route. I'm very happy, no more shit outside my home.

Flossie. I've no idea TBH. The dog tends to stand out amongst the staffies and Basset Hounds (for some reason there are about 8 of them living locally).

territt Mon 02-Dec-13 14:57:39

I always pick up after my dog, its sick those that don't.

The problem I have is the neighbours cat shitting in my garden, im going to end up just killing it one day.

misskatamari Mon 02-Dec-13 14:54:19

Could be worse tho - I had a friend at uni who opened her front door one day to find a massive turd and a bare arsed tramp legging it!

misskatamari Mon 02-Dec-13 14:53:21

Urgh - a few years ago someone's dog did this outside our house. Then it snowed. And the poo was still there weeks later when it melted and just would not go away despite pouring water at it. Bleurgh!

BitOutOfPractice Mon 02-Dec-13 14:48:28

NannyOgg, my ex used to do that...but...his dog used to shit within 2 minutes of leaving the house so he would leave it somewhere and pick it up on the way back. So that is an explanation

When I rule the world and that could happen any day now I will impose prison sentences for people who do not pick up dog shit. And people who throw rubbish out of the car

Flossiechops Mon 02-Dec-13 14:42:57

kreecher does it pick it up after him now?!

Flossiechops Mon 02-Dec-13 14:42:06

Some bastard person keeps leaving their bagged up dog shit on my front wall. It makes no sense - they go to the lengths of picking it up but dump it there. Twats!

I had words with a man who stood and watched while his Wolfhound twitched one out, then covered it with a tobacco packet.
I don't usually watch defacating dogs, but I was at my kitchen window. His response went along the lines of 'at least no one will slide on it'.
I gave him a Tesco bag to collect it in. DD was mortified. DH played no part in it.
I still see him walking up and down our road. Murphy (gorgeous dog BTW) did the biggest turds I've ever seen.

This reminds me of an old thread...a MN picked up a serial poopers poo, and put it in the owners hood while her coat was hanging on the back of a chair.

I am a dog owner who always picks up after my dog, I find it disgusting that people can leave a steaming pile of dog shit for someone to step in! angry It takes two minutes to pick it up with a poop bag and then stick the bag in the next bin you pass.

Loving some of these stories of revenge.

My son's school run used to be a dog turd dodging slalom but it's seemed better lately - I wonder if the culprit has moved house or had a vexed MNer exact revenge. grin

TheHammaconda Mon 02-Dec-13 12:27:22

Someone near us put little flags in all the piles of poo giving the names and addresses of the dogs' owners. Things got better for a while.

crazyhamsterbackonthego Mon 02-Dec-13 12:21:04

Where I live people walk past mine to get to the cemetery to walk their dogs don't even get me started & its the same 8 or 9 old biddies with their dogs every day that let their dogs crap at the end of my drive & no matter what I say they just tut at me and walk away fangry

These same people petitioned for bollards to be installed on the grass verges all along my street as the grass was not perfect as a few people had to park half up on it because of the heavy traffic fconfused

Yet its ok for them to leave Dog crap outside my house fangry

cardamomginger Mon 02-Dec-13 12:04:28

YANBU. There is someone who lives on our road, who walks their dog off the lead. It frequently runs up the path to our block of flats and does a crap. I can see it happening out of my kitchen window. No idea where the guy lives and I can never make it down the stairs quickly enough to confront them.

Bastards.

Nanny0gg Mon 02-Dec-13 12:04:01

What I will never understand is where people pick up the poo in a bag and then hang it from the nearest tree/bush/fence. Even where there are poo bins not too far away.

Why would you do that? Why??

Not much to add, except to tell you that my late father-in-law used to pick it up (using a plastic bag as a glove) and put it in their pocket - minus the bag! grin
And what is with people who think that because the poo is out of sight, normally behind a bush/ hedge in a park, that it doesn't count? Do they not realise that children love playing hide and seek round bushes?
And please don't get me started on cats! I would genuinely neuter them all, unless the owner was a registered breeder, and I wouldn't allow many of those either.

GhostsInSnow Mon 02-Dec-13 11:49:25

Told this tale on here before, but for those who haven't heard it.

We fitted CCTV to the front of our house after some local scrotes gentlemen decided that stealing bits from peoples cars was a good way to make a few quid. It worked, they were filmed, caught prosecuted etc and the cameras stayed up.

One morning I left the house to see a pile right on the end of my drive. Being the stubborn sort I went in, ran through the footage and found the culprit at 9.10 the night before. Oldish bloke with a black and white shih tzu. I didn't know him, but he wore a distinctive hat and the dog was reasonably unusual.

Few days later I was heading out when I saw him, walking up the street with the dog. I stopped the car and jumped out and asked him why he let his dog shit on my drive and didn't pick it up. He tried to deny it, but when I told him the exact time and I'd got CCTV he apologised and claimed to have no bags. I suggested then he knock and I'd have given him a bag. Sheepishly he said 'Would you like me to clear it up?" Er YES.

Came home an hour later, pile was gone. Rewound the footage and there he was picking it up. I've seen him a couple of times since, he always crosses the road grin

Snatchoo Mon 02-Dec-13 11:19:41

YA so NOT BU!

I am sick and tired of this, I have three small children, once still in a buggy so run the risk of two 4 year olds AND the buggy being run through it. I walked past about 6 disgusting minging piles this morning.

What with having to walk in the road to dodge the cars on the pavement though maybe it's not so bad hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now