Just so so so disgusting.

(75 Posts)
Mouthfulofquiz Sun 01-Dec-13 22:59:40

Would it be unreasonable of me to want to punch in the face, the disgusting person who let their dog shit on the pavement outside my house without picking it up? If I see it happen, I will be out of my house in a shot... And if I then happen to see them walk to a car, I will take their reg number, and the next time they park near my house, I'm going to smear that dog shit under the drivers side door handle.
Yes, I have more important things to worry about but it's so disgusting. Luckily my husband realised he had trodden in it before he walked in the house. What are people playing at??

Mouthfulofquiz Sun 01-Dec-13 23:23:25

Noarmani - just chuck it back over the fence. Or let it dry out a bit and leave it in a nice line along the path.

GideonKipper Sun 01-Dec-13 23:26:48

NoArmani I agree. I remember a thread on here relating to cats shitting all over and it got very heated.

Mouthfulofquiz Sun 01-Dec-13 23:26:57

Or could you do a long poo, save it, and pop it over her side of the lawn??

HesterShaw Sun 01-Dec-13 23:34:29

YADNBU.

We had a similarly charming neighbour. I once caught him and asked him to pick up his dog's shit rather than leaving at the end of our path every single day. The next morning he'd flicked it over into the drive, just by the car door. I didn't notice, trampled it into the car, and through the house before I did. I thought DH was going to explode with fury. He went round his house, and it didn't happen again. Apparently the wife was mortified about her husband's behaviour.

Tulip26 Sun 01-Dec-13 23:36:12

Phone your local council, in some areas serial offenders can be BANNED from walking their dogs.

SweetPeaAndPumpkin Sun 01-Dec-13 23:40:55

I think this thread has the worst advice on it I have ever seen.

Please, please, please don't set fire to a piece of paper outside a front door. You could inadvertently start a fire WHICH CAN KILL PEOPLE.

Posting it through a letterbox is fine by me though.

sandgrown Sun 01-Dec-13 23:47:15

My elderly aunt lived in a dodgy area and had burning paper through the letterbox.her escape was blocked and she had to be rescued. She could have died but her cat woke her by pawing her face. I am a dog owner who always picks up poo and it annoys me when others do not as we are all tarred with the same brush!

FloozeyLoozey Sun 01-Dec-13 23:50:50

I work in a dodgy part of town and often see dogs shitting without their owners cleaning up. I'm too wimpy to confront them as the dogs are usually staffies or similar and the men look like they'd stab me for saying anything, so I suffer in silence and have to study the pavement intently when walking along.

notundermyfoof Mon 02-Dec-13 00:14:40

Urgh yanbu at all! There is a serial shitter in my street, literally every day we find or step in a fresh pile angry . So far I have no idea who it is but when I do they will be getting a turd posted back through their letterbox, fucking disgusting people!

longingforsomesleep Mon 02-Dec-13 00:22:11

I often wonder why riders think it's ok to let their horses shit in public places? Having carefully cleared up after my dog on the beach this morning I was very unimpressed to find I'd stepped backwards into horse poo. Admittedly the riders would need to take a bin bag and shovel with them but it always amazes me that they ride along beaches, roads etc leaving a pile of crap behind them without batting an eyelid.

GideonKipper Mon 02-Dec-13 00:34:16

I have thought the same but apparently horse poo is fine because it doesn't contains any parasites and it's basically just grass or something like that. It ain't fine to me when my dog rolls in a pile of steaming horse shit, it bloody stinks.

GideonKipper Mon 02-Dec-13 00:35:38

Oh and it's dangerous for a rider to have to dismount and clear up the crap whilst holding on to their horse at the same time.

longingforsomesleep Mon 02-Dec-13 00:41:29

well my poo doesn't contain parasites (I don't think) but I don't think people would be happy if i left it lying about ....

my dog doesn't just roll in horse poo, she eats it ...

longingforsomesleep Mon 02-Dec-13 00:43:42

and they tend to ride in groups round here so the rider of the offending horse could shovel while someone else held the reins of their horse smile

MrsLouisTheroux Mon 02-Dec-13 06:42:08

Yes, apparently horse poo isn't a nuisance at all. hmm
It just dissolves into the ground with the lightest patter of rain.
The fact that a friend of mine ended up in hospital for 6 weeks after coming of their moped after skidding in a pile of it still doesn't make some people think it's a problem.

teaselweasel Mon 02-Dec-13 06:55:15

Peggy you are an evil genius. I'm in awe.

Morgause Mon 02-Dec-13 07:04:58

My dad used to run out with a shovel after horses had ridden past (we lived in the country). It was wonderful for the roses.

Owners of shitting dogs were offered the same shovel and a plastic bag.

NCISaddict Mon 02-Dec-13 07:28:09

I wonder what happens in our area, very, very rarely see dog poo on our pavements, in fact have only seen it once in seven years of living here. Don't see it in our local parks either.
I wonder if we've got a particularly scary dog warden or just very nice people?
I've got a dog but every pocket of everything I wear is stuffed with poo bags so I'm never caught out.

FreckleyGirlAbroad Mon 02-Dec-13 07:39:14

We too have a phantom dog shitter round our way too and am constantly having to do a shit-slalom down the road with my pram to avoid. I've already wheeled it into the house unknowingly so have learnt to scan the pavement like a hawk!

sexykitten, your advice is genius and if I find who is doing it, will be saving up one of my ds's best yellowy offerings. But I'm sure they are night walkers who are responsible.

emsyj Mon 02-Dec-13 07:41:38

If it's a regular visitor then just look out for them until you work out who it is and what time they walk past then collar them. My DMum did this to a woman who used to let her dog shit at the end of her drive every day - after DMum went out and 'had words' she was never seen again. I think her 'words' may have involved a shovel and my DMum running down the road after her shouting 'YOU'VE FORGOTTEN SOMETHING!!!' like a wild banshee.

tootssweet Mon 02-Dec-13 07:49:11

YASDNBU!!! Some charmer always lets their dog shit on our drive or just by the corner on the pavement. It's always the first place our dog runs to for a whizz so both he, the dc's & yesterday morning DP all trod in it. Never catch them but from the size it's probably a staffie! My evil eye is on the lookout.
Does cheese me off as we do pick up after our dog (& yes I do hand out poo bags to others when walking him!)

monkeymamma Mon 02-Dec-13 07:52:57

Don't smear on door handle, get reg no and description of owner and check yr local council website - they will have a police number and can actually prosecute I believe. Disgusting, yanbu.

CloverCharm Mon 02-Dec-13 09:32:15

It seems to be happening to us too. There's a couple opposite us with three dogs and I'm pretty sure one of those regularly comes and shats right outside the gate. It's bloody disgusting.

Borntorun25 Mon 02-Dec-13 10:47:06

One of my friends used to find a fresh pile of dog shit every morning right in the middle of her driveway. After cleaning it up daily for a week she'd had enough and laid in wait in her garden that evening. About 11pm a nice old lady came along with her hellhound, furtively looked around then encouraged it off the pavement and onto the edge of friend's driveway to do its business. Friend jumped out of the bushes and shone torch on culprit lady shouting something along the lines of ' wtf do yo think you're doing, pick that up right now!' Nice old lady got such a fright she picked up shit with bare hands and stuffed it into her pockets. Never happened again. grin
Not sure if it would have been quite so effective if perpetrator had been hulking brute with an attack dog though!

candycoatedwaterdrops Mon 02-Dec-13 10:55:55

YANBU, it's grim and gives us fastidious dog poo picker upers a bad name, Slightly off topic but my dog has an aversion to crapping on pavement, is he unusual? He goes on the grass which means it's easier to pick it up and doesn't leave skid marks on the pavement for people to slip on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now