To be annoyed? Or am I being pathetic??

(105 Posts)
2Tiredtocare Sun 01-Dec-13 21:02:47

DD6 went to a birthday party this weekend and when I was dropping her off the party mum asked her what she would like to eat out of 3 options and what she'd like to drink out of Coke, Diet Coke, Fanta and Sprite. I said she's not really allowed/into fizzy drinks, party mum said fine she can have something else. DH picked her up and she was very happy as she'd had coke, I feel quite pissed off as we've got this far without going down the coke route and typically she loved it, I guess I need a grip as she's not a baby but it aggravates me. At least it wasn't diet coke I suppose, hate that crap

PerpendicularVincePies Mon 02-Dec-13 14:06:54

I agree with Shiny, you don't seem hysterical at all Tired, and are taking the criticism in good humour.

YANBU to be a little irritated that your wishes for your child weren't taken into account. As Feline said, if something is important to you then people should respect that.

A can of coke certainly isn't the end of the world though, but I'm sure you know that wink

PeppiNephrine Mon 02-Dec-13 14:16:30

How are potatoes bad for your teeth? I call bullshit

2Tinsellytocare Mon 02-Dec-13 14:22:17

Thanks perp and shiny. She doesnt seem to be suffering any hideous side effects grin

PerpendicularVincePies Mon 02-Dec-13 14:32:00

Are you sure Tinselly? I'd check her on an hourly basis just in case grin

I like your Christmas NN

2Tinsellytocare Mon 02-Dec-13 14:52:54

I would but on e again I've farmed her out to 'virtual strangers' aka school

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now