to suggest that bigger size clothes are not made from clingy fabrics

(28 Posts)

I recently bought 2 dresses and a top online in a size that I normally wear and had to return all 3, although they fit fine they show up every bump, lump and crease because they are made from clingy material. tchangry

I know I need to lose a few a lot pounds but honestly is it too much to ask that bigger size clothes are not just larger versions of skinny peoples clothes.

I want tops that come down lower than my waist, dresses that cover my bum and clothes that dont fit like a freaking second skin.

Rockinhippy Sun 01-Dec-13 12:49:51

Lays down the merchandising theme confused

Feelingoods advice is definitely the way to go, that & finding a good seamstress & getting things made to measure

& I don't think that is just for outsize either, but for anyone that can't get way with wearing a sack & looking good, especially if you are older than early 20s or post kids

Walking I think you must be my twin tchsmile. I am the biggest I have ever been and trying on these clothes has made me wake up to the fact that I really need to lose some weight.

Thank you all for the suggestions and for making me realise I'm not the only one with gripes.

feelingfuckingfestiveok Sun 01-Dec-13 13:00:54

rock

Yes I have been a 16/18 for years now. Even when i was 14/16 I still had to be quite discernign about what I wore because of my shape and proportions. Im curvy and equally distributed when am a size 16. I struggle a bit more when I am an 18.

However..I have also come to realise that just because someone is slimmer and fits in to more styles etc does not = looking good some people get stuck and wear the same thing, dont put outfits together properly, fail to accessorise, wear things that dont fit or colours to suit.

I would add to my list above:

PATTERNS I only wear pattern that is subtle not loud in anyway. small/faint/low contrast

COLOURS I usually only wear two with a third as an accent like in a scarf.

I have stopped sale rack shopping or shoving things in like black jumper at asda - they never last for whatever reason. You need to be patient.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now