To have cried at the news of Paul Walker's death...

(62 Posts)
YeahButWhatIf Sun 01-Dec-13 10:24:51

I can't believe it sad He was my crush growing up. R.I.P.

greenfern Sun 01-Dec-13 10:26:07

My crush to so sad.

loveliesbleeding1 Sun 01-Dec-13 10:27:57

No, not at all, it's incredibly sad.

Shinyshoes1 Sun 01-Dec-13 10:28:15

Yanbu

I didn't know who he was . I don't watch racing car films

I cried , played Stand By Me on a loop AND lit a candle when Corey Haim died ..... Oh the shame grin

TidyDancer Sun 01-Dec-13 10:48:51

Corey Haim wasn't in Stand By Me....was he? Corey Feldman was, but I'm fairly certain he's still alive!

Very sad about Paul Walker. I loved him since She's All That.

Heartbrokenmum73 Sun 01-Dec-13 10:50:30

Erm, yes, Corey Feldman in Stand By Me. Some fan you are Shiny grin

Both Corey's were in The Lost Boys. And Feldman is very much still alive!

DottyDot Sun 01-Dec-13 10:50:54

Me too sad. So sad. Having two ds's, we've watched the fast and furious films many times and we loved him.

Shinyshoes1 Sun 01-Dec-13 10:52:51

Oooooh I mean River Pheonix

Oh FFs how did make that mistake hmm

Ladyjaxo Sun 01-Dec-13 10:54:52

Yanbu cried too.

HoHolepew Sun 01-Dec-13 10:55:28

It's very sad. I can't believe photos of his car on fire are online . The poor man is still in the car in them.

newestbridearound Sun 01-Dec-13 10:57:29

So awful and tragic, for both him and his companion. The photos are very distressing to see. It is incredibly sad.

QueenofallIsee Sun 01-Dec-13 11:00:40

Gutted, I love the fast and furious series and it is so so sad

specialsubject Sun 01-Dec-13 11:12:29

never heard of him, but clearly the 'experienced driver' (the other guy, also dead) wasn't. Two pointlessly wasted lives. Very sad.

MrsDavidBowie Sun 01-Dec-13 12:14:56

I've never heard of him either.
Horrible way to go.

Never heard of him but very sad for anyone to go that way.

tweetytwat Sun 01-Dec-13 12:16:47

I had to Google him, didn't know who he wasblush <old>

Guttersnipe Sun 01-Dec-13 12:17:10

YANBU at all, though I personally had never heard of him until today. He looks a lovely man. I cried the other day at the news of my teenage crush, Lewis Collins, death. sad

Caitlin17 Sun 01-Dec-13 12:37:43

I don't know who he is but I do recall not even knowing River Pheonix had died until I saw his obituary in The Guardian at lunch at work ( remember this was pre everyone having internet) and I cried. Not because I had a crush on him but because it was such a loss. His performances in Stand by Me, Running on Empty and My Own Private Idaho were outstanding.

manticlimactic Sun 01-Dec-13 12:41:14

Are people who are crying over this, crying for the other person who died too? They didn't know him either.

doodlealltheday Sun 01-Dec-13 12:50:27

He was my crush too. Was at the top of my list of 'film stars I want to marry' for pretty much all of my teenaged years, I was a bit of a mad obsessive about him. So sad

ShinyBauble Sun 01-Dec-13 16:06:15

I never watch car films. Actually I had never heard of this guy before. It's weird that some minor stars suddenly attain huge fame when they die.

I'm not mocking though. Actually I hadn't thought about Corey Haim in years, but it also upset me a lot when he died. And I felt guilty that I didn't try to support his career when i had a chance sad

I didn't cry but it is very sad. Awful to have the graphic photos online I was shocked at that.

LuciusMalfoyisSmokingHot Sun 01-Dec-13 16:12:44

Theres actually pictures of the car on fire, horrific.

Madmammy83 Sun 01-Dec-13 18:43:50

I've a 9 year old and Paul Walker was his hero, he even begged me for some of the same clothes he wore in the F&F films. He was gutted when he heard. I bawled my eyes out when I heard about Heath Ledger. And David Kelly, even though he was about a hundred. He always reminded me of my own Grandad.

sparklysilversequins Sun 01-Dec-13 19:34:35

I did too. I've never cried at a celeb death before but this really got to me for some reason.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now