Guns for Christmas? Or breasts?

(21 Posts)
Lisajd3 Sun 01-Dec-13 06:47:53

I just logged on and searched goggle for "stocking fillers" for my 3 kids. While I think I've got a good sense of humour I am disgusted by what the first company that came up thinks is appropriate for teens to get in their stocking!! How about your teen son drinking from a mug that has a nice silver or gold gun as the handle? Or maybe he'd like some jelly breasts to eat with his cup of tea? They wouldn't want to leave your daughter out and have some lovely "pink willy sweets" for her! then we have the sport of breast basket ball???throwing an inflatable breast! Is this seriously what they think is suitable for teens age from 13??. Is this how we teach our children to respect women? Or that guns aren't toys or glamorous? I know lots of people will think it's just a joke but how do we teach our children respect for life and for each other when companies send the message that guns are glamorous???

Retroformica Sun 01-Dec-13 07:23:02

Did you just type the word 'stocking fillers'? I know plenty of fully grown adults who get stockings on Xmas and that sort of stuff would be suitable for some as a joke.

Retroformica Sun 01-Dec-13 07:23:53

Try 'children's stocking fillers' instead

Marshy Sun 01-Dec-13 07:26:48

Err - don't buy it??

Fuckingfacebook Sun 01-Dec-13 07:49:52

Are only children allowed stockings then?

scaevola Sun 01-Dec-13 07:51:02

"how do we teach our children respect for life and for each other when companies send the message that guns are glamorous???"

??

You teach them exactly as you have taught them to think about moral and social issues (incluing peer and media pressure) since they were tiny. If you wait until they are teens, then yes they'll be a gullible advertiser's dream.

PhallicGiraffe Sun 01-Dec-13 08:21:21

Google tailors results to you, so will will give you results based on your previous browsing habits. I did the same as you and got children's stocking fillers....
YABU to think google can read your mind.

scaevola Sun 01-Dec-13 08:27:02

PhallicGiraffe you inspired me to try it to. My browsing history means that my hits were for places like John Lewis, Hawkins Bazaar and BHS.

I've just googled stocking fillers & got BHS, amazon and NotOnTheHighStreet.

OP - it's you, not Google sad

Moreisnnogedag Sun 01-Dec-13 09:08:34

I only get naice shops. But now I'm interested what are you googling the rest of the time?

Pennyacrossthehall Sun 01-Dec-13 09:14:47

Epic judging fail!

grin

This is actually quite funny! I got BHS, Hawkins! stockingfillers.com and Claire's.

Fuckingfacebook Sun 01-Dec-13 09:41:42

I got stocking fillers.co.uk. Hawkins bazaar. Bhs. And not on the high street.

WhatTheHellIsHappening Sun 01-Dec-13 11:29:34

I got Hwkins Bazaar, the Entertainer, stockingfilkers and prezzybox. Until I clicked on the adult set ion, none of that came up.

WinterWinds Sun 01-Dec-13 11:37:52

I got stockingfillers.co.uk, Amazon, Not on the High street, Bhs and the like.

Perfectly respectable here!!!!! grin

Caitlin17 Sun 01-Dec-13 11:38:03

Yes googling "stocking fillers", I got BHS, Next, JL etc and a couple of others, but equally innocent. One of them had a Ryan Gosling tea towel which an obsessed friend will like.

Heartbrokenmum73 Sun 01-Dec-13 11:50:31

Yes, I got stockingfillers.com, Hawkins, BHS etc, too grin

Wonder what the OP has been doing on Google lately???

liquidstate Sun 01-Dec-13 11:59:08

I would say breasts as I dislike guns. tchsmile

Heartbrokenmum73 Sun 01-Dec-13 12:00:50

Have just noticed in the OP you are using 'goggle' to search. Maybe that's the problem. I think the rest of us used 'Google'.

Hth wink

catgirl1976 Sun 01-Dec-13 12:38:06

Hilarious grin

TondelayoSchwarzkopf Sun 01-Dec-13 12:43:53

Whereas I would like my breasts to be guns

OP have you thought about what your kids like and then going from there? I would google 'stocking fillers' for a random colleague's secret santa gift but not the people I gave birth to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now