Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To think that Sharon Osborne overstepped the mark?

(60 Posts)
lougle Sat 30-Nov-13 23:10:09

She's just said that her favorite thing about Luke Friend (who is 16) is 'his testicles'. AIBU to think that if Louis Walsh had said his favourite thing about Tamera (also 16) was her breasts, he'd face outcry?

mummymeister Sat 30-Nov-13 23:11:41

she looked drunk or on drugs on graham Norton last night and the actor next to her was displaying fairly uncomfortable body language. and she is famous for what? being married to a rock star. the off button is a marvellous thing on these occasions lougle.

squoosh Sat 30-Nov-13 23:12:26

If Louis Walsh made admiring comments about Tamera's boobs I think a lot of people would be surprised more than outraged. I didn't hear Sharon say that of Luke but if she did well yes, it's very icky.

scaevola Sat 30-Nov-13 23:15:07

"she is famous for what?"

Didn't you know she had a serious career as a music manager and promoter before she even met Ozzy? (Actually, that's how she met him, as she started off with the company which managed Black Sabbath, and founded her own at e time the band split).

southeastastra Sat 30-Nov-13 23:18:22

she was batshit crazy last night, but entertaining. wouldn't look too deep into it really.

RedLondonBus Sat 30-Nov-13 23:19:40

He's 16?? I thought that Nicholas one was 16

hellymelly Sat 30-Nov-13 23:20:11

I was assuming she meant metaphorical rather than actual testicles, so if Louis described a girl as "ballsy" it wouldn't mean he had noticed that she had strange genital bulges.
Agree she was odd on Graham Norton though, the flirting with Colin Farrell was a bit over the top, and he did look uncomfortable.

manticlimactic Sat 30-Nov-13 23:20:31

I used to like S.O but she's been cringe worthy this time round. I squirm every time she opens her mouth. I imagine her like that whatshername rubbing her thighs saying 'Oooh young maaaan'

Sharon's dad was don arden. Google him. She isn't just a wag of a rock star!

However, she is coming across as quite unhinged on xfactor this year.

ICameOnTheJitney Sat 30-Nov-13 23:23:30

Scaev she didn't have a serious career though....her Dad did and she worked for him in a minor capacity.

scaevola Sat 30-Nov-13 23:26:06

SHe broke off and founded her own company -or did you miss that bit?

ShylaMcCall Sat 30-Nov-13 23:28:38

She went completely n/c iirc.

Devora Sat 30-Nov-13 23:30:02

She makes me feel uncomfortable - I think there is something deeply unpleasant about her, I don't understand how people can find her bullying funny.

HumpdayPlus Sat 30-Nov-13 23:48:45

It was Xtra Factor, not the real show squoosh

I think she's (mostly) hilarious but I don't think I like her.

But, again, no one asked me. <sighs>

nomorecrumbs Sat 30-Nov-13 23:53:31

Colin Farrell always looks uncomfortable!

She is a bit much though. I'm exhausted just listening to her.

HildaOgden Sat 30-Nov-13 23:54:00

She comes across to me as a woman who hasn't had it for a long while.Frustrated and leery.

ccsays Sat 30-Nov-13 23:55:44

I find her excruciating the watch on the X Factor and I hate the way she screeches barely coherent nonsense over the top of everyone else. She always seems like she's drunk and/or on something.

SinisterBuggyMonth Sun 01-Dec-13 00:31:20

I think she was dared to mention an animal in every critique tonight.

If I met her in real life she would terrify me. I remember reading her autobiography on how she'd lured Ozzy Osbourne away from his wife by being younger and wearing designer frocks and thinking she sounded like a self absorbed arse.

caruthers Sun 01-Dec-13 01:18:49

I never liked her after she described how funny she though a mans business bits being blended in a food processor was funny.

caruthers Sun 01-Dec-13 01:21:20
Alisvolatpropiis Sun 01-Dec-13 02:46:08

She seems to be a very unpleasant person. Have thought that for years. Baffles me that people find her funny but we're all different I suppose.

Panzee Sun 01-Dec-13 03:30:48

I thought she was trying to embarrass Colin Farrell on Norton. And it worked! Can't comment on Xtra Factor, maybe she assumes nobody's watching smile

Robfordscrack Sun 01-Dec-13 05:00:49

I think she is nutty. luckily for Ozzy, she married him. He would be broke and on the streets if it wasn't for her. She secured the ownership of his music rights while he was too busy taking drugs to care. She is very 'look-at-me' though.

Don't watch X Factor, but she was out of her tree on Graham Norton.
I don't have any feelings one way or another about her though.

lougle Sun 01-Dec-13 08:19:48

I quite like her, to be honest, but I really felt she'd forgotten her responsibility as an adult of influence. A 16 year old shouldn't have people talking about his testicles when they are in a position of power in any context.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now