Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To report this photo on Facebook?

(102 Posts)
Kyrptonite Sat 30-Nov-13 21:01:00

Sorry a fb one. Someone I knew from years ago has just posted about 6 photos of herself in the bath with her niece and nephew. Kids are 3&4 ish. One has the little boy standing up so you can see stuff.
I'm not sure how private her profile is so I've reported the pics. I'm not overreacting am I? I'd never put bath time photos of children up on the internet confused

It just seems like such an odd thing to do.

KerwhizzedMyself Sat 30-Nov-13 21:07:43

I don't think you are overreacting. I think people forget its not a safe little photo album on the coffee table sometimes!

MillyStar Sat 30-Nov-13 21:08:25

YANBU I completely agree!

Hate these type of pics it's just weird

Tee2072 Sat 30-Nov-13 21:09:45

FFS So what?

Yes, you're overreacting. It's a naked child. Do you never see naked children running around your park or at the beach? What's the difference?

everlong Sat 30-Nov-13 21:11:45

Is she naked?

She might only have real friends as her friends..

ChippingInLovesChristmasLights Sat 30-Nov-13 21:12:40

You have reported the pics? It didn't occur to you to send her a message instead - or you know, mind your own business.

bundaberg Sat 30-Nov-13 21:12:58

yabu... they're her photos and up to her what she posts online

FlipFlippingFlippers Sat 30-Nov-13 21:13:38

Agrees with Tee

KerwhizzedMyself Sat 30-Nov-13 21:16:18

Naked kids on a beach. Naked pictures online. There is a difference?

Tee2072 Sat 30-Nov-13 21:16:30

Thank god there are normal people on MN after all.

I was beginning to think the place was nothing but PO.

Kyrptonite Sat 30-Nov-13 21:17:02

She's naked as well. And sending a message would result in a barrage of abuse as seen yesterday when someone reported something.

everlong Sat 30-Nov-13 21:18:39

Well she's obviously comfortable with the photo and who sees it.

Tee2072 Sat 30-Nov-13 21:19:14

Isn't it exhausting to be on the lookout for things you find offensive and worrisome all the time?

Kyrptonite Sat 30-Nov-13 21:19:41

Naked kids in RL- no big deal
Online photo- potentially could be copied etc

That was my logic. Perhaps I've overreacted but you never fully know the people on your friends list.

Lorelei353 Sat 30-Nov-13 21:19:54

I sent a message to a FB friend once after she commented on her friend's photo of kids in the bath - I wasn't friends with them but could see their photo. Might not have been any of my business but thought I'd flag up, what strangers (well, friends of friends) could see. However, I wouldn't have reported the photos!

Tee2072 Sat 30-Nov-13 21:20:50

hmm

PansOnFire Sat 30-Nov-13 21:24:23

They aren't actually 'her' photos once they are on Facebook, they belong to anyone who chooses to take them from her page. Yes, she might only have real friends on Facebook but what about the people connected to her? I don't just mean through Facebook. She has been completely irresponsible, I really hope she has tight security settings as if she hasn't then who knows what type of person could end up with possession of them.

Unfortunately there are too many disgusting people in the world for 'minding your own business' to be an option anymore. Stupid, stupid girl. YADNBU, at all.

Kyrptonite Sat 30-Nov-13 21:25:52

If they were all fully covered up by bubbles I would've left it but it's the fact that the little boy is stood up facing the camera with his penis on show.

Tee2072 Sat 30-Nov-13 21:26:15

There actually aren't that many disgusting people in the world.

You just think there are.

Kyrptonite Sat 30-Nov-13 21:26:44

But there are some.

tethersend Sat 30-Nov-13 21:30:51

Surely the issue is that the photos break FB rules?

Anyone who disagrees with those rules should take it up with FB.

YANBU.

minionmadness Sat 30-Nov-13 21:36:15

Actually since they aren't her children I hope she sought permission from the children's parents before posting pictures of them in the bath.

SinisterBuggyMonth Sat 30-Nov-13 21:39:42

Maybe you could pm her just to advise?

Does seem like a monumentally stupid thing to do tbh

Kyrptonite Sat 30-Nov-13 21:42:28

It's been removed along with an arsey status. It is bloody stupid especially since they aren't her children.

SinisterBuggyMonth Sat 30-Nov-13 21:42:58

I have to say, on personal experience, reporting to Facebook is pretty pointless

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now