Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

...to think that it is not fair to change who wins the cup?

(21 Posts)
MsJupiterJones Sat 30-Nov-13 18:08:17

Right so my little blonde angelic DS was on the team that won the most points this term, he and his friends were really excited and they had all banners up celebrating, then at the last minute the Headmaster decided to award some points to some little shits from the other House who broke a load of rules, trashed several rooms in the school all for some poxy stone. The school pulled down all the decorations and gave the cup to the other House instead.

AIBU to think that the whole thing smacks of partisanship and is going to foster very bad relations between the two Houses to the point that in a few years the destruction of life as we know it may be on the cards?

Not to mention my little cherub is VERY upset.

CaptainSweatPants Sat 30-Nov-13 18:09:30

trashed several rooms in the school all for some poxy stone

eh??

puntasticusername Sat 30-Nov-13 18:09:49

YANBU.

randomquicknamechange Sat 30-Nov-13 18:10:14

Hahaha it took me a minute, very good.

NoelOfLorst Sat 30-Nov-13 18:10:31

YANBU. Clear favouritism

CaptainSweatPants Sat 30-Nov-13 18:10:40

ah Harry potter grin

Peanutbutterfingers Sat 30-Nov-13 18:11:47

Yabu

It is well known that your team must never win as all the angelic looking children are actually evil. Any change is ok make sure we know that evil never ever ever wins

TeamEdward Sat 30-Nov-13 18:12:16

Narcissa, is that you?

HoratiaDrelincourt Sat 30-Nov-13 19:04:37

OH GOD THIS.

Dumbledore is a cunt.

puntasticusername Sat 30-Nov-13 19:08:42

Yeah, he's so far up Gryffindor's arse he can see the tonsils.

auntpetunia Sat 30-Nov-13 19:21:41

Haha Narcissa go complain to Lucius he's on the Governing Body surely he can do something about it. Maybe next year he can try and kill the rebels by using some of his old mate Tom's stuff and setting loose a bloody big snake!

mrspremise Sat 30-Nov-13 19:25:37

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

mayorquimby Sat 30-Nov-13 19:37:32

He was a right biased cunt tbf

TeamEdward Sat 30-Nov-13 19:44:40

mrspremise - Is your first name Petunia by any chance?

TeamEdward Sat 30-Nov-13 19:45:57

Personally I think Gove should make way for Umbridge. That would sort Education out, and she'd put fecking Dumbledore in his place too.

AmberSweet England Sat 30-Nov-13 19:46:40

YANBU op, your poor Ds! Tell him to make the trio of little shits from the other house lives a living hell!

Mumoftwoyoungkids Sat 30-Nov-13 20:02:47

YANBU. Especially as the head used to be on the other team.

Scarily I knew what this was about before I opened it!

HoratiaDrelincourt Sat 30-Nov-13 20:30:53

LOL me too - but the film had only just finished on ITV+1 so the injustice was fresh in my mind.

MsJupiterJones Sat 30-Nov-13 20:34:24

Thanks Amber, I'm glad some people are thinking of the children.

Xmas2013SantaB9702 Sat 30-Nov-13 20:36:06

grin

TheRaniOfYawn Sat 30-Nov-13 21:09:50

I knew what this would be about too, but am hooked on Harry Potter fanfic.

I think that this is very shortsighted of the headteacher, as he has managed to alienate a group of children who are well known for their political connections and their focus on long term goals. I wouldn't be surprised if the governors staged a coup and replaced the head with someone known not to discriminate against the children of that house.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now