Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

I am SO not being unreasonable, but am saving my marriage by whinging about it on here rather than saying I TOLD YOU SO to DH

(30 Posts)
MmeLindor Germany Sat 30-Nov-13 18:07:27

Went to get the car out of garage earlier and couldn't get door open. I didn't have a lot of time so made other arrangements to get where we were going and went back later to have another go.

Managed to get garage open, but it was clearly faulty. Decided to take car out instead of risking not being able to get it open again later.

Brought car round to the house. DH said that it woudl be better to put car in the garage, cause it's not good for the car to be out in the cold. Yes, he is a bit fussy about the car, I know...

Anyhooooo. He put the car in the garage, promised not to lock it the door, just close it.

And it is, of course, stuck.

He's gone around with a big hammer and I am drinking wine and MNetting to save myself gurning at him.

CoffeeTea103 Sat 30-Nov-13 18:09:11

What exactly are you upset about?

TeamEdward Sat 30-Nov-13 18:10:13

I'd bake a big pie decorated with "I TOLD YOU SO" in pastry.
grin

YouTheCat Sat 30-Nov-13 18:10:29

Enjoy your wine. wine

Are you watching him through the window?

BillyBanter Sat 30-Nov-13 18:11:25

Maybe a treasure hunt leading him to the big pie with I told you so on it.

MmeLindor Germany Sat 30-Nov-13 18:11:40

I am upset cause if he can't get the garage door open, I will have to call maintenance, and they won't manage to fix it before Monday.

I need the car on Monday.

Tbh, I think he will get it open (or die trying cause he won't want to admit he couldn't) but fancied a whinge about him knowing better.

MmeLindor Germany Sat 30-Nov-13 18:12:11

It is a bit away from the house, so can't watch with a smug grin on my face, no.

livinglifeandgettinghappier Sat 30-Nov-13 18:12:48

So many people do not use their garage/s these days. Conversions almost standard...gyms, extra living space, offices etc etc. Some families only have one garage but can have up to 4 cars with adult children still at home. Hopefully, he will take heed of you next time.

MrsMaryCooper Sat 30-Nov-13 18:13:08

You're not unreasonable. Well done for not doing a dance about though

flaire Sat 30-Nov-13 18:14:27

Oh no! The poor ickle car might get cold. I think you're being very u - you should be knitting a nice colourful jumper for the car instead of drinking wine, you shameless lush.

grin

As for the DH, he definitely needs a big slice of 'I Told You So' pie.

Tee2072 Sat 30-Nov-13 18:15:21

What, exactly, does he think the cold will do to the car?

Take the high road. You can wave at him from it. grin

flaire Sat 30-Nov-13 18:17:31

BTW, I would go out and help because then you really can rub it in.

MmeLindor Germany Sat 30-Nov-13 18:19:51

He's a bit precious about the car, but it does actually need to be off the road in winter cause it's a soft top. A couple of days won't make a difference though.

He's still not back. Think he's scared of me?

MmeLindor Germany Sat 30-Nov-13 18:20:19

He's back!

YoureBeingASillyBilly Sat 30-Nov-13 18:20:29

My car has never spent a night in a garage and it is 10 years old. It's never complained yet! grin

The car will survive.

VesuviusPoovius Sat 30-Nov-13 18:25:01

But where's the car?

Tee2072 Sat 30-Nov-13 18:25:20

Did he get it open?

Euphemia France Sat 30-Nov-13 18:48:18

You live near me and our cars never go in the garage! Nothing bad will happen to it. Except for being set on fire. wink

MmeLindor Germany Sat 30-Nov-13 18:58:47

Yes, got it open, with the help of a friendly neighbour who nipped home and got some WD40.

He's fixed it so that the catch won't close.

Euphemia
Don't say that! He's not 100% happy about living here. Btw, do you fancy meeting for coffee?

Euphemia France Sat 30-Nov-13 19:17:26

Yes indeed I do! Needs to be a weekend, though, unless in school hols.

PM me!

Me to DH: 'Your exhaust is hanging low, it looks like it will fall off'

Repeat for about a month (classic cars, I follow him lots as I have a crap sense of direction - I can see exhaust is not right.

DH: No it's not, it's fine, I can't see anything yabba yabba

DH's Friend one day: Your exhaust it about to fall off mate

DH: REALLY? Oh yeah, blimey ...

Me (in front of said friend, in very loud voice as I'm not so nice as OP): FFS I've been telling you for WEEKS it's been hanging off!!

WTF do they ALWAYS know best (or not!!) grin

TwoShakesOfaWhiskersTail Sat 30-Nov-13 19:29:04

Why does a soft top have to be inside?
Sorry I've never heard this and I used to have a soft top.

MmeLindor Germany Sat 30-Nov-13 20:05:30

mycar
(good name for this thread) Oh, that would annoy me too.

Tooshakes
I have no idea, but he says it is being damaged by being outside over the winter.

Joysmum Sat 30-Nov-13 21:11:47

Yay, a good excuse for drinking wine. A win situation I feel! wink

suze28 Sat 30-Nov-13 21:38:33

I've been waiting for you to post about this and wondered if he'd managed to get the door open yet! My first reply on AIBU (too scared of the wrath) so I'm delighted to say YANBU.

Have you mentioned garagegate yet?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now