Thinking that Boden should have enough stock if they're gonna do a sale?!

(18 Posts)
treas Sat 30-Nov-13 15:34:14

It is when they send out catalogues advertising stock they have and then don't actually have it, is what I object to angry

"Well if it's old stock, why isn't it IN stock??"

Because it is sold out?
Because it is still sitting in a warehouse in Taiwan and needs shipped to the uk, and they cant be arsed to ship it until enough people order it for it to be worthwhile for them? So they estimate that in another 2 weeks people will have placed an order, and then they get the logistics in place to have it shipped, first to someplace in the UK, and then to customers.

longbay Sat 30-Nov-13 13:51:07

Good point Jitney! I can't bear that either! There's one furniture shop in our town that has 'Closing Down' sale in their window for nearly two yrs??

ICameOnTheJitney Sat 30-Nov-13 13:45:53

What I hate is the trend for shops to plaster their front with "CLOSING DOWN SALE" and you go in and ask "When are you shutting?" and they say "Oh we're not." How's that even allowed?

ICameOnTheJitney Sat 30-Nov-13 13:44:54

Cardi the op said that SALE stuff would be "back in stock" in a few weeks or whatever...

longbay Sat 30-Nov-13 13:38:37

I understand the usual sale nonsense that shops do in order to get rid of crap they don't want. However a lot of stores are doing the whole 30 Percent off EVERYTHING type sale which I believe should mean they should at least have stock to actually sell.

cardibach Sat 30-Nov-13 13:27:35

Jitney I'm guessing because they had a few items in the style left over and they have now been sold? THey won't reorder stuff for a sale usually as it is, as everyone else has said, about getting rid of left over stuff. WHen what is left over is sold it is out of stock confused

YABU, but having said that I've just had a look and they have cock all in stock. Seems a bit premature to run out of everything when we're not quite into December!

PeppiNephrine Sat 30-Nov-13 13:24:23

I think you have entirely missed the point of a sale.

lottieandmia Sat 30-Nov-13 13:19:18

I learned years ago that you have to buy stuff you really want early on in the season if it's from Boden.

ICameOnTheJitney Sat 30-Nov-13 13:18:21

Well if it's old stock, why isn't it IN stock??

TheRobberBride Sat 30-Nov-13 13:16:32

But they have a sale to get rid of old stock!

LifeofPo Sat 30-Nov-13 13:14:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WooWooOwl Sat 30-Nov-13 13:13:42

They don't put on a sale to do their customers a favour, they do a sale to get rid of stock they want to get rid of.

ouryve Sat 30-Nov-13 13:13:27

The whole point of sales is getting rid of old stock, isn't it?

mrsjay Sat 30-Nov-13 13:12:35

I suppose you are right but most sales are rubbish really companies dont want to lose money so they either put the dross on sale or have reduced stock sales are just to get you in and buying

creighton Sat 30-Nov-13 13:12:10

the sale isn't about satisfying customers, it is about getting rid of this season's stock so that they can get ready for the next season. when it's gone, it's gone.

longbay Sat 30-Nov-13 13:10:42

What is the point of them doing a Christmas sale if you can't actually get hold of the item for another 5 wks or worse they're out of stock completely!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now