To think this is the most stupid substitute I have been sent to date.

(162 Posts)
Bunraku Fri 29-Nov-13 12:43:24

I ordered an electric toothbrush on sale in my tesco delivery. The toothbrush was out of stock and so they have sent me the replacement heads. hmm

EATmum Mon 02-Dec-13 19:49:02

Yes, I've definitely had the 'no loaf of bread available anywhere in the Greater London area. And the night they failed to replace my lamb shanks at all (I know, first world problems right), when I had a dozen people arriving for a NYE dinner, I had a sense of humour failure.
But in general I salute the heroic people who shop so I don't have to. I love you all!

OldDaddy Mon 02-Dec-13 16:35:57

The replacement packing must be done by a robot as some of the choices are so bad. Although with mine they always seem to replace the BRAND item with the premium item at double the price for less product. And everything usually has a Use by date of around 10 minutes after it was delivered.

Inthechelseahotel Sat 30-Nov-13 20:16:35

Glad you said that toffeesponge I pondered over her posts for a while!
just jeolous of other people being able to have fun

AnUnearthlyChild Sat 30-Nov-13 19:09:33

I r enember the eggs one.

It was a dozen barn eggs she wanted, got a small barn owl.

louiseaaa Sat 30-Nov-13 17:51:53

Carling substituted for becks blue and mixed mojito for the goodness non-alcoholic range - hello - there's a theme here ? hmm

toffeesponge Sat 30-Nov-13 17:48:43

knocknock you posts make no sense to me. I haven't been drinking.

snippyMcSnippy Sat 30-Nov-13 16:25:36

we had a pack of 24 garlic dough balls substituted with 24 garlic baguettes!

Gruntfuttock Sat 30-Nov-13 13:06:43

I've got to stop reading this thread because it's making me cross. There must be something seriously wrong with me that it's making me angry when it makes everyone else grin

Hate self sad especially for overuse of emoticons

I've just had my delivery. They tried to substitute cumin with ginger. That will be a nice curry hmm

I'm more annoyed that I ordered about 700g of stewing beef for a casserole and they've sent 333g. They've not marked it as a substitution or anything. Fair enough they may not have a big pack, just send two small ones!

I probably would have forgiven them if I'd got a wooden owl or a hula hoop. grin

knocknock Sat 30-Nov-13 12:31:28

I've ordered a few times some lovely
vegetables because I'm big fan of everything
what's green and healthy

They really must came to conclusion that there is something wrong with my weight...

They stuffed my veg with some lovely lively meat

I was so truly grateful for their care
but lively meat in my vegetables is making me sick!!!

chocoshopoholic Sat 30-Nov-13 11:44:41

I received strawberry baby food instead of strawberry jam.

ConfusedDotty Sat 30-Nov-13 11:19:40

I ordered two beautiful lamb shanks from sainsburys and got all the lovely trimmings to go with them. They got substituted for a beef stroganoff ready meal for one! Much gutted I was. How dare sainsburys imply I eat ready meals?

Gruntfuttock Sat 30-Nov-13 11:17:08

knocknock Their hostility?

knocknock Sat 30-Nov-13 11:15:01

Btw it was not tesco

knocknock Sat 30-Nov-13 11:13:29

We ordered something really nice from our favourite place
Twice we did it

And I have to tell the true
They absolutely shocked me with their hostility

They given us so much extra

A nice loooong healthy testing hair
(Unfortunately I wasn't able to identify the colour of it)
From a simple reason
after such amusing extra gift the toilet was my best friend for while

But that not everything
Looks like a hair is included in their menu

They did it again

dontyouknow Sat 30-Nov-13 11:11:20

Worst I've had is Kingsmill wholemeal bread substituted with Kingsmill white bread. I hate white sliced bread. That's why I ordered wholemeal....

As others have said it's the lack of substitutions I find worse.

I don't care that you didn't have the exact bottle of wine I ordered. I can't believe there is not a single bottle of white wine left in the entire store!

Generally I find the tesco substitutions pretty good with the price match. One shop pretty much all the value stuff I had ordered had been substituted with branded stuff! Also had medium packs of nappies substituted with large packs and price matched.

Only used Sainsburys once. They made reasonable substitutions in terms of what the products were, but they were all MUCH more expensive and they don't price match (or didn't at the time).

(I use asda btw)

It is possible to ask for no subs. I dont as 90% of the time i get better subs than what i asked for. Its improved massively since it first started smile

Gruntfuttock Sat 30-Nov-13 10:09:00

I do virtually all my shopping online except for grocery shopping. Now I have read this thread I know that I will never do grocery shopping online.

I must be having a sense of humour failure, but these examples of idiotic substitutions have made me more angry than amused. I know people have said it's a computer that makes the substitutions, but I know that I would want to rant at somebody (no idea who) about the stupidity rather than just laugh. I have no idea what I will do when I can no longer go out to the supermarket to get things. Is it possible to specify "no substitutions" when ordering, or does "computer say no" about that?

Sorry for being a ratty old bag blush

I got the none in stock the other day for... A chicken.

No chickens at all. Not even breasts/legs/wings rather than whole. Not even any other meat. Not even chicken flavoured crisps! grin

DavenotChas Sat 30-Nov-13 09:43:40

antiqueacorns I have no doubt that was my delivery driver, he was the king of inappropriate waffle. When the condom delivery arrived, he took great delight in shaking them out of the yellow sub bag and cackling at the top of his voice. The neighbours were most amused grin

BuntyPenfold Sat 30-Nov-13 04:31:27

My daughter ordered nappies and got Sellotape. No nappies in the shop at all then?

Bunraku Sat 30-Nov-13 04:13:53

Wow there are some really shocking subs here!

tweetytwat Fri 29-Nov-13 23:58:08

Congrats and Ouch Moominsthanks

YouTheCat Fri 29-Nov-13 23:44:13

I have never given birth to a wooden owl. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now