To think this is the most stupid substitute I have been sent to date.

(162 Posts)
Bunraku Fri 29-Nov-13 12:43:24

I ordered an electric toothbrush on sale in my tesco delivery. The toothbrush was out of stock and so they have sent me the replacement heads. hmm

ConfusedDotty Sat 30-Nov-13 11:19:40

I ordered two beautiful lamb shanks from sainsburys and got all the lovely trimmings to go with them. They got substituted for a beef stroganoff ready meal for one! Much gutted I was. How dare sainsburys imply I eat ready meals?

chocoshopoholic Sat 30-Nov-13 11:44:41

I received strawberry baby food instead of strawberry jam.

knocknock Sat 30-Nov-13 12:31:28

I've ordered a few times some lovely
vegetables because I'm big fan of everything
what's green and healthy

They really must came to conclusion that there is something wrong with my weight...

They stuffed my veg with some lovely lively meat

I was so truly grateful for their care
but lively meat in my vegetables is making me sick!!!

I've just had my delivery. They tried to substitute cumin with ginger. That will be a nice curry hmm

I'm more annoyed that I ordered about 700g of stewing beef for a casserole and they've sent 333g. They've not marked it as a substitution or anything. Fair enough they may not have a big pack, just send two small ones!

I probably would have forgiven them if I'd got a wooden owl or a hula hoop. grin

Gruntfuttock Sat 30-Nov-13 13:06:43

I've got to stop reading this thread because it's making me cross. There must be something seriously wrong with me that it's making me angry when it makes everyone else grin

Hate self sad especially for overuse of emoticons

snippyMcSnippy Sat 30-Nov-13 16:25:36

we had a pack of 24 garlic dough balls substituted with 24 garlic baguettes!

toffeesponge Sat 30-Nov-13 17:48:43

knocknock you posts make no sense to me. I haven't been drinking.

louiseaaa Sat 30-Nov-13 17:51:53

Carling substituted for becks blue and mixed mojito for the goodness non-alcoholic range - hello - there's a theme here ? hmm

AnUnearthlyChild Sat 30-Nov-13 19:09:33

I r enember the eggs one.

It was a dozen barn eggs she wanted, got a small barn owl.

Inthechelseahotel Sat 30-Nov-13 20:16:35

Glad you said that toffeesponge I pondered over her posts for a while!
just jeolous of other people being able to have fun

OldDaddy Mon 02-Dec-13 16:35:57

The replacement packing must be done by a robot as some of the choices are so bad. Although with mine they always seem to replace the BRAND item with the premium item at double the price for less product. And everything usually has a Use by date of around 10 minutes after it was delivered.

EATmum Mon 02-Dec-13 19:49:02

Yes, I've definitely had the 'no loaf of bread available anywhere in the Greater London area. And the night they failed to replace my lamb shanks at all (I know, first world problems right), when I had a dozen people arriving for a NYE dinner, I had a sense of humour failure.
But in general I salute the heroic people who shop so I don't have to. I love you all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now