aibu to think postman should not be changing tyres/ talking at length with people on his rounds?

(691 Posts)
Nomorepat Thu 28-Nov-13 12:49:20

Waiting for an important letter which is dependent on what time I receive it today. So go for a stroll to see if postie is in area. There is he is in the next street changing some girl's tyre for her-I know this is not his car and ours is his last street. He then proceeds to chat to this girl for about 10 minutes, then another woman for about 5 minutes.

I am peed off about this. AIBU?

TiggyD Sat 30-Nov-13 08:39:02

Are you poissed?

OhLittleTownOfBarflehem Sat 30-Nov-13 08:49:46

I knew that fortifying brandy coffee was a bad idea wink

fluffaduck Sat 30-Nov-13 09:01:17

So pleased the Nazi/Hitler/shorts good Samaritan thread is still here grin

Has the OP stalked her postie since?
Does he work Saturdays?
And what was in that damned letter!!

puntasticusername Sat 30-Nov-13 09:25:26

Jack boots grin grin grin

I can't believe you missed the hitler bit, tee. I think we can agree that was the low high point in the OP's argument.

reelingintheyears Sat 30-Nov-13 09:42:09

Is this the right room for an argument?

fluffaduck Sat 30-Nov-13 10:06:32

No arguing here reeling I think that we all agree the OP WBU grin

OhLittleTownOfBarflehem Sat 30-Nov-13 10:15:51

Oh Em Gee! My bus driver just stopped 100m etres from the stop to let an old lady off! Aibu to think this is irresponsible, he will be seconds minutes late to the other stops now! And what if he is in an accident at a non-stop?

LadyBeagleEyes Sat 30-Nov-13 10:40:09

Can we get this thread into classics?

Jux Sat 30-Nov-13 10:41:01

Has anyone read any Jasper Fforde? He's a bit like this thread....

Unacceptable!

In fact, what is he doing properly stopping at all? People should be poised to jump off and on as the bus slows down. Won't anyone think about the person 11 stops along who is cutting it fine to make it to their hairdresser's appointment?

OhLittleTownOfBarflehem Sat 30-Nov-13 11:20:17

Jux, I love jasper fforde! The eyre affair is one of my alltime faves!

I agree, this should be in classics grin

Arbritary, exactly! Didn't he know that I am Very Busy And Important!
And as for the old dear, doesn't she understand that its not all about her angry

Tee2072 Sat 30-Nov-13 11:56:57

I was skimming AU! I'll not do that again!

I saw our postie this morning. He was daring to...deliver the post!!!!

::faints dead::

DoubleLifeIsALifeOfSorts Sat 30-Nov-13 12:04:24

I luuurve Jasoar Fforde smile

My friends husband was nominated for an award within Royal mail incuding fancy awards dinner as they received a letter from someone about the the thoughtful things he had done to help her elderly parents on his rounds.

So his bosses would likely be on the majority side here.

Our posties have a break mid round. There are 2 or 3 of them that come to the area together, but do different rounds. You often see them in the car park at the local shop having a sandwich or a chat. The OP cannot know whether her postie was having a break and gave it up to help somebody. From her telling it was around lunchtime.

I also agree that the RM will probably applaud this behaviour rather than condemn it. I saw something on telly a year or two ago about how postmen in some outlying areas are encouraged to help out those on their round and do more than just deliver the post. I really don't think the RM want the bad publicity of telling off a staff member who was helping somebody.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now