do you shower daily? (be honest!)

(357 Posts)
principalitygirl Thu 28-Nov-13 11:28:59

obviously if you have a very newborn or you're ill then maybe a might miss a day, but generally speaking do you shower (or bath) every day? I do, but sometimes I might shower in the morning one day but then not shower next until the next evening, if I have a gym session or exercise class planned. I do wear deodorant and clean clothes daily but too many showers irritate my skin and are just a faff. grim, or not grim?

jacktherat Mon 02-Dec-13 00:31:22

I shower every morning, but only wash my hair every other day.

DoesZingBumpLookBigInThis Sun 01-Dec-13 13:27:24

hipo

grin

NigellasLeftNostril Sun 01-Dec-13 13:26:54

ummm ......confused....for real?

hipocondriaco Sun 01-Dec-13 13:23:20

People who don't shower every day are almost as disgusting as people who come back downstairs in the same clothes after going for a poo.

perplexedpirate Sun 01-Dec-13 13:18:28

Every other day unless I've been dancing, when I always shower afterward. I've got long, mad thick hair though, so It's a pain to dry and style so often. sad

Salmotrutta Sun 01-Dec-13 12:41:57

Oh, and someone at my work wears some hideous Body Shop lotion that smells of god knows what.

It's overpowering and makes me feel queasy.

Salmotrutta Sun 01-Dec-13 12:40:30

Showering every day is all very well but someone up there mentioned musty smelling clothes.

All the showering in the world is pointless if you never launder your clothes properly.

I might only shower every other day to preserve my paper-like skin (and spend bloody ages putting on emollients afterwards) but underwear, vest-tops, socks, t-shirts and any items worn next to the skin are worn once then laundered.

I like smelling like an experiment.
Where do you get your creme brûlée soap from Crowler ?

DoesZingBumpLookBigInThis Sun 01-Dec-13 12:25:24

[thcshock]

MillyRules Sun 01-Dec-13 12:19:29

Crowler your creme brulee soup sounds divine....where is it from please?

Crowler Sun 01-Dec-13 08:47:37

I admit I like to smell not so much like a "woman" in the biblical sense, but more like creme brulee ( my current bath soap).

LittlePeaPod Sun 01-Dec-13 08:39:45

MiniMonty your post has just made me laugh so much, I nearly did a little pee.... grin

You remind me of a guy I used to work with that believed the reason women went to the gym, put make up on and dressed well was so they could impress a man or men. He actually, truly believed this to be the case... He was as deluded as you are in thinking that women keep clean and bath to attract a man.

BUT, thanks for the tit bit of advise. I am sure those single ladies on here will immediately dispose of their perfume, creams, potions and immediately stop bathing so their woman's scent can bag them a man!! grin hmm

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Brilliant, simply comedy genius!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

JapaneseMargaret Sun 01-Dec-13 04:45:11

Yeah, because being sexual to men is our raison d'être.

MiniMonty Sun 01-Dec-13 04:16:02

WOW !

Just read the thread and now I understand why women never smell like women anymore...

More like a chemical disaster as deodorant meets perfume meets shower gel meets hair spray meets shampoo meets moisturiser meets body spray meets shower gel meets body scrub meets twice a day everything meets "wipe clean" meets "rinse clean" meets "bleach my pits" meets "cleansing different surface types" meets "Strip wash" meets <shudder> meets OMG - a clear OBSESSION with cleansing and cleaning !!!!!

What is SO WRONG with just smelling like YOU ?

Have you forgotten that men like the scent of a woman... ?

Destroy the smell of yourself and you become a neuter. You become just another skirt who smells of chemicals. An asexual being in the sensual world. You'll become someone who paid a million quid for products which made you completely invisible to the opposite sex.

Advertising has REALLY worked on you lot. It's convinced you to instantly give up on yourselves before you even got going. Soap and water will keep anyone healthy and clean. All the stuff listed in this thread (or even some of it) - you'll smell like an experiment.

ThingsThatMakeYouGoHmmmmmmmmm Sun 01-Dec-13 02:56:51

Strip wash........yeuch.

Get in the shower, you mingers. grin

alemci Sat 30-Nov-13 22:58:41

I would only strip wash if we had no hot water.

occasionally I may do in the morning after having a bath the night before if I am not in work.

Queenmarigold Sat 30-Nov-13 22:05:55

Yes, every day and also post workout. My mother doesn't, she is very lazy, and her clothes always smell musty. I do not want to be like her, so I have a shower. Not hard.

miffybun73 Sat 30-Nov-13 21:58:04

I shower every day twice a day. Wash hair in the morning, just body in the evening.

It only takes 5 mins and I would feel yucky going to bed without showering.

Thumbwitch Sat 30-Nov-13 21:56:38

I rather think that was the point that was being made - mummytomog would need to bleach her kitchen work surfaces after certain uses; she wouldn't need to bleach her armpits for any reason whatsoever that is hygiene-based. Different cleaning for different surface types.

Personally I have no issue with flannel washing; rinse and repeat will work fine.

Strawberryfieldsforever1 Sat 30-Nov-13 21:53:38

Every day without fail and even a quick one in the evening too sometimes before getting jammies on.

howrudeforme Sat 30-Nov-13 21:45:56

I shower every morning before work and before my weekend days. I want to be clean.

Couldnt care less what other people do though.

JapaneseMargaret Sat 30-Nov-13 21:39:26

Exactly.

If a 'strip wash' is so efficient, then why bother showering at all?

MrsOsbourne Sat 30-Nov-13 21:35:52

I have no idea why people would stand there wiping with a minging flannel <shudder> when you can stand under nice hot water, apply shower gel to body ,give yourself a good scrub and rinse off.

trixymalixy Sat 30-Nov-13 20:28:16

Of course they're comparable. Skin is pretty wipe clean. You wash with the cloth rinse the cloth then wipe again. If wiping your kitchen work surfaces with a cloth gets them clean then wiping yourself with a cloth will get you clean in exactly the same way.

flashheartscanoe Sat 30-Nov-13 20:27:04

no

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now