do you shower daily? (be honest!)

(357 Posts)
principalitygirl Thu 28-Nov-13 11:28:59

obviously if you have a very newborn or you're ill then maybe a might miss a day, but generally speaking do you shower (or bath) every day? I do, but sometimes I might shower in the morning one day but then not shower next until the next evening, if I have a gym session or exercise class planned. I do wear deodorant and clean clothes daily but too many showers irritate my skin and are just a faff. grim, or not grim?

peachactiviaminge Thu 28-Nov-13 12:02:23

No, its not natural or healthy besides I can't afford the gas.

starfishmummy Thu 28-Nov-13 12:03:52

Once a year whether I need it or not.

ExitPursOodByWho Thu 28-Nov-13 12:04:22

Intend to but sometimes it just doesn't happen. I have been known to stay in my mucking out clothes all day.

<slattern>

I have a shower in the morning and a shower before bed. Every day.

Beastofburden Thu 28-Nov-13 12:07:06

Yes because if I don't wash my hair every morning it itches and sticks up everywhere, and I look like a mad old bat instead of a slick professional woman who is worth her salary hoping not to get found out

Baths are for pleasure and for using lovely scented things before bed, they happen when I feel like it.

Bluecarrot Thu 28-Nov-13 12:08:09

Have to shower every morning. I just don't feel nice til I do!

somersethouse Thu 28-Nov-13 12:08:57

No, I shower or bathe when I need to, which is not every day.

DidoTheDodo Thu 28-Nov-13 12:11:21

I shower every day before bed. I feel really uncomfortable getting into bed if I haven't showered. My H showers daily, but in the morning. I notice that his side of the bed smells a bit sweaty/used by day 4, whereas my side remains fragrant.

I can't go to work without having a shower, it feels all wrong.

When our shower was broken for 3 days last year I went to the gym early and showered there.

I normally have a shower in the evening as well.

TyrannisedByToddlers Thu 28-Nov-13 12:20:22

Every morning without fail, even when I had newborn twins, even when I'm ill, and even when I was in hospital in hideous pain. If I don't shower, I feel disgusting.

samandi Thu 28-Nov-13 12:20:38

Pretty much, though I didn't always when I was single.

Aquariusgirl86 Thu 28-Nov-13 12:23:50

No, I used to every morning but I find if I wash my hair that much is needs going every day whereas if it's done every 2-3 days it stays clean for much longer. Plus water bills are high enough as it is!
Think I'm aware though and sometimes I need to shower every day like in the hot summer :-)

BlueCushion Thu 28-Nov-13 12:24:14

Yes, definitely shower every day. Most of the time shower in the morning and bath at night. But when the DT's were tiny I think DH & I went about 3-4 days without one. We stunk as bad as each other.

RunDoctorRunQuiteFast Thu 28-Nov-13 12:24:36

Yes, cannot get dressed without a shower and hair wash, my hair goes mad overnight.

I'm very disorganised, spray deodorant, fling clothes on and walk DD2 to school. I shower later when I get back home after lunch before school pick up time if I'm having a very off day Saturdays never, just a wash because I have to get up at sparrow fart to get DD2 to the ice rink.

ZombieMojaveWonderer Thu 28-Nov-13 12:25:52

I alternate, I bathe one day and shower the next without a break. smile

LittleMissGerardPoppyButler Thu 28-Nov-13 12:26:54

I shower every other day, unless its been hot weather or I've been sweating, then it's every day. I have very dry skin though. In the summer when it was really hot and sticky a couple of days, I did shower twice on those days!

My hair doesn't need washing every day as its long and thick and I tie it back anyway!

fieldfare Thu 28-Nov-13 12:27:58

Every day and wash hair every other. I just feel a bit skanky if I don't wash.

BigToesofFrog Thu 28-Nov-13 12:29:03

Yes (bath not shower though). Except when camping.

Mrsmindcontrol Thu 28-Nov-13 12:29:38

I shower every morning. Couldn't get dressed if I felt I had an even slightly claggy vag area. I also shower before bed if I'm having a period or on a promise.
To be honest, I don't care what guff people spout about not being smelly individuals, your undercarriage WILL smell if you don't wash it every day.

If I'm well enough, yes.
I have an illness tbat sometimes means I can't, and I feel horrid.
My default position is to shower daily.

ALittleBitOfMagic Thu 28-Nov-13 12:35:11

Yes exactly like you op . The odd time I might miss a day but not that often .

PeriodFeatures Thu 28-Nov-13 12:36:43

We only have a bath in our new house..It's a lovely roll top with claw feet...it's my regret that we didnt consider a shower as we now will have to refit the bathroom.

I have a bath and wash my hair about twice a week. I use a very hot flannel and gentle soap, deodorant etc. I do not smell...provided the people i'm with are acclimatised...joking.

I don't smell.honestly. I use various products. I have found a really hot flannel is the best thing for skin and makes me feel fresh all day.

Thumbwitch Thu 28-Nov-13 12:38:07

No, and nor does DH. We bath/shower when we need to. Our skin is fine, not dry at all - but it would be if we showered/bathed every day. DS1 doesn't either (he's 5) - Ds2 does have a mini bath 3-5x a day but he's in nappies.

Can't wash my hair more than once a week or it goes into superfrizzflyaway mode. And no, I don't need to pile products onto it - I just wash it less. It's in pretty good nick too.

If you are used to showering/bathing/hairwashing daily, then to miss a day would make you smell/ feel mucky - but if you want to change your daily habit then it is possible but it would take a few weeks for your body and hair to change their reaction to non-washing.

Tee2072 Thu 28-Nov-13 12:40:49

I shower on alternate leap years. I mean, the leap day, you understand. So every 8 years or so.

Is that not enough?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now