AIBU to think that The Saatchi Person is being just nasty now?

(71 Posts)
lolaisafuckertoo Tue 26-Nov-13 21:00:26

HE says that Nigella and her daughter were both off their heads on drugs and in doing so, let the PA's run rings and spend money fraudulently. There is a case going on, so not sure if this will get drop kicked, but the man seems to know no depth to his nasty.
He'll be punching old ladies next.
Could there be any truth to it all? Did wonder on occasion why N's eyes looked quite as erm...wide awake as they did.
He is a vucker isn't he?

lolaisafuckertoo Tue 26-Nov-13 22:47:00

seasick but the email was penned by him, so he is responsible for the comment. So how did the barrister get a hold of the email? Would that mean that it isn't admissible if sly tactics were used to obtain it? That is a question not something else. If that makes any sense. Has he any control over what the barrister use if it was a private email? He must have given permission for it to be read out.

Molly333 Tue 26-Nov-13 22:58:39

No matter what that man says in his need to punish nigella it will never take away from the horrible images of him assaulting her. Like a typical abusive man this isn't the end , I've had seven years of it! We've been divorced six and he's remarried yet he continues

SaucyJack Tue 26-Nov-13 22:59:07

But why would he have passed the e-mail over to the defence, if he didn't genuinely believe it to be true? As far as this case goes, he is the victim. It would completely and utterly against his interests to be aiding the defence team.

lolaisafuckertoo Tue 26-Nov-13 23:03:48

saucy that is what is confusing me. Perhaps they are saying that her lack of control made the decision to charge the with fraud flaky as she is unlikely to remember very much.

thecatfromjapan Tue 26-Nov-13 23:05:22

I think any speculation on how this e-mail might have, rather suddenly, surfaced (in a trial that started rolling a good long time ago), and what purposes it may be serving, and any inducements to its incorporation in the "defence" that may have been deployed, are unpublishable on mn at this point in time.

However, I don't think it's difficult to come up with various scenarios.

For me, I just think that there is no excuse for throttling your partner. The more I think about all this, the more grim (and angry) I feel.

SeaSickSal Tue 26-Nov-13 23:06:17

Lola, it's the subject of a police investigation. Anything the police discover in that investigation has to be disclosed to the defence.

There's no reason to think he has anything to do with this being revealed and he wouldn't have had to give permission as it is evidence in a criminal trial.

What he wrote was in private. The Grillo's have made it public. And as SaucyJack says it is very unlikely he would assist the defence.

The blokes a class A nob and there is no excuse for his violence but this doesn't appear to be his doing.

lolaisafuckertoo Tue 26-Nov-13 23:10:43

seasick and cat thanks for that. I shall speculate no further on the whys and wherefores. but I feel so sorry for her. true or false, she has had enough crap handed to her from that tosser and when is enough enough?

SeaSickSal Tue 26-Nov-13 23:11:27

What they are saying (again all in the link) is that she had a class A, class B and prescription drug habit and the Grillo's knew about it. And that Nigella allowed them free reign to use her card in return for them not telling anybody about it.

If you read the body of the email it's clear that the Grillos were already using this defence before the email was sent and they are merely using it as corroboration.

Anniegetyourgun Tue 26-Nov-13 23:17:55

Hmph, my ex-husband said I was on drugs for psychosis. He even had the packet to prove it. Except it was a load of rubbish. He did indeed have a packet of drugs which had been prescribed for me a few years earlier (yes, this man kept everything), for a short-term bout of vertigo; the main ingredient, I forget what it was, but according to his little drug book it had in years gone by been used in much stronger doses as an anti-psychotic. It was kind of like assuming you have an STD because you are taking penicillin. The bit about having discussed my mental problems with the GP was pure fabrication though. And he said it all in front of the DCs.

The moral of this story, children, is never believe what an ex writes in an accusatory email.

ShirakawaKaede Tue 26-Nov-13 23:25:46

Saatchi is an abuser, and regardless of how much he was behind these accusations, he nevertheless stirred the pot - and I find the suggestion that her alleged drug taking was the reason behind HIM grabbing her by the throat a disgusting example of victim-blaming.

Also, it was the judge who allowed the accusations to be publicly disclosed - was that necessary, considering that they were unproven?

lolaisafuckertoo Tue 26-Nov-13 23:28:59

Interesting point shira i
Annie I use an anti epileptic as a mood stabilizer. many drugs have cross over purposes that when viewed in a dim light or a very narrow light can be seen to be something they are not. I would sincerely hope that such a suggestion would be thoroughly tested by the other barristers.

AnandaTimeIn Tue 26-Nov-13 23:40:29

I am neither suprised or shocked to find out Nigella Lawson enjoys getting high.

He on the other hand gives me the creeps.

lolaisafuckertoo Tue 26-Nov-13 23:45:30

We can all get high if we want. that is our choice. sad that these scum bags are flinging it around in a desperate attempt to get themselves out of obvious fraud and what have you.
he is beyond creepy I don't know how to even give a bench mark for his creepiness.

"But why would he have passed the e-mail over to the defence, if he didn't genuinely believe it to be true? As far as this case goes, he is the victim. It would completely and utterly against his interests to be aiding the defence team."
Depends. I could easily imagine he is more interested in hurting Nigella and exerting control over her once again, than he is interested in these PAs being found guilty. All they took from him was money from his account, whereas she took herself from his control.

My first thought when I heard it on the news was 'bastard just won't let her go, will he?'.

lolaisafuckertoo Wed 27-Nov-13 00:04:17

Where totally adds up if you look at it from the nasty corner of his mind

YetAnotherFucker Wed 27-Nov-13 00:06:12

She doesn't present as stupid. Allowing the sisters to run riot with a credit card from her husband's company to avoid them exposing a drug habit would be a remarkably stupid thing to do.

springytickly Wed 27-Nov-13 00:19:51

What I don't get is how this is the top news story today on all the channels.

If Delia Smith was on coke, would it make the top story? this is not a top news story (even if nothing much is going on in the world today). I can see it would be in the shuffle but not the top.

Monty27 Wed 27-Nov-13 00:25:16

The truth will out itself, speculation is arduous.

JoanRanger Wed 27-Nov-13 00:25:28

Um, isn't the order of events:

- email sent
- legal case/research starts against Grillo sisters
- episode outside Scotts
- divorce
- Grillo sisters trial starts, using evidence that predates the whole throttling thing?

Depressingly predictable example of nasty media mainpulation. Abusive mega-rich husband plays dirty over divorce case, and attempts to destroy wife's reputation and business.

revivingshower Wed 27-Nov-13 00:54:09

I like Nigella and have noticed the name of the person she allegedly over paid before in her books. Maybe she wanted to pay them the amount they got paid. Aren't they both multi millionaires so they could afford a lot.

Wahtawah Wed 27-Nov-13 00:57:13

Why has this email been made available to the press pre-trial?

MistressDeeCee Wed 27-Nov-13 01:12:32

He's a physical and emotional abuser. Even now theyre apart, he wants to continue his emotional abuse. Its an insult to a pig, to call this man a pig. Vengeful, horrible waste of space. None of what he or his defence says changes the fact that, he was pictured holding Nigella by the throat. I dont think he'll come out of this looking well at all. Not that this will stop queues of women falling at his feet..money & 'charisma', eh. Sad all round, but at least Nigella's away from him

Depressingly predictable example of nasty media mainpulation. Abusive mega-rich husband plays dirty over divorce case, and attempts to destroy wife's reputation and business.

BohemianGirl Wed 27-Nov-13 03:48:30

Entirely inappropriate he has attempted to damage her daughter in all this; reading more deeply he is also attributing to his own daughter telling him that Nigella was taking drugs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now