Please bump this - sodding bt

(30 Posts)
Nubbin Fri 22-Nov-13 22:39:01

We swapped from sky broadband to bt. Since then every night there has been a problem with the connection. I have spent endless minutes fending off my mini monsters while calling them to always get the reponse that I am lucky to have wireless (despite the ridiculous amount of money I pay them) and to stick a pin in my home hub again. I don't want a lot just to talk to someone in customer service! Not (bless them technical support). Much appreciated if this could get me any leverage to finally speak to someone!

bsvmc Fri 22-Nov-13 23:51:33

Nubbin, try posting a comment on www.facebook.com/BTUK with a quick summary of the problem and ask for help. I'm pretty sure you'll get someone back in touch from the BTCare team who won't be from Bangalore. Hope you get it fixed soon.

SkullyAndBones Sat 23-Nov-13 00:26:46

virgin are ok 99% of the time.

the problem is when it does go down, its rarely off for only a few hours, its usually a few days!

HerlockSholmes Sat 23-Nov-13 07:44:54

Could you post on their facebook wall or even tweet them? i know a couple of people who have done this with other companies and got good results. Have you tried different phone numbers? there should be a "contact us" section on the website, try a few numbers and you might get lucky and get one that will help.

I'm with sky, so much cheaper and nicer than bt. plus i get to speak to a call centre that's only a couple of hours up the road from me, not in a different country.

Hissy Sat 23-Nov-13 07:48:10

MN isn't the place to raise merry hell, twitter might be though!

bubalou Sat 23-Nov-13 08:53:53

Big mistake. I had so many problems with bt's Internet service that I logged 12 hours in 1 month on the phone to them! I work from home so I need the internet.

I always got made promises by the person I was speaking to that they would fix it but it never happened. 50% of the time their English was so poor they couldn't understand the problem and I used to spend on average 30 mins on hold before I could even get through.

I switched it all to sky - tv, phone and internet. Best thing I ever did. It's been 2 years and the internet went down once for 2 hours due to a line fault and I got through to someone within 10 seconds of ringing who let me know about the problem.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now