To feel teary over a stupid bloody birthday.

(30 Posts)
WholeNutt Fri 22-Nov-13 20:59:37

For the past 5 years I have been away with work on my birthday. This year I am not, dh arrived home very early this morning after his night shift and went straight to bed which is absolutely fine he's shattered.

I went to visit my parents, my dad was in a foul mood and made sure we all knew it. I left shortly before 3pm when my dh would normally now be up.

I arrived home, he's not showered in his slops eating toast..fine, except we had agreed we would go for a late lunch and perhaps a walk afterwards. Didn't happen, he reclined and watched more repeats of the Big Bang theory until I finally said at 4.30 as we'd missed lunch perhaps we could go for dinner.

It's just a day, it's not a big birthday and lots of people spend it working etc but AIBU to wish that dh had made more of an effort to acknowledge my birthday? My birthday present from him was chosen by my 10 yr dsd which although nice he hadn't given me any thought.

Just feel disappointed sad

kimblesj Fri 22-Nov-13 21:40:32

Happy birthday op! It is also my birthday and mine has been a bit crappy but had my 3rd son 6 weeks ago so can't stray too far from him and husband worked all day! thankswine For you

Mellowandfruitful Fri 22-Nov-13 21:40:35

Why not suggest you start afresh and treat tomorrow as your birthday? No need to make a massive speech, just say 'Hey, today was a pretty run-of-the-mill day so I feel like making tomorrow a special one as part of my birthday celebrations. Where shall we go?'

WholeNutt Fri 22-Nov-13 21:42:44

Happy Birthday Kimblesj and huge congratulations! thanks

Mim78 Fri 22-Nov-13 22:52:39

I was so pissed off with my family over my birthday this year, so you have my sympathy.

Canthaveitall Fri 22-Nov-13 23:21:56

YANBU and happy birthday cake

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now