To be pissed off with soft play worker?

(26 Posts)
Thesimplethings Fri 22-Nov-13 20:27:28

I took my two ds's to soft play this afternoon as a reward for good behaviour. They are 3 and 2. My 3 year old knows that the consequence for naughty behaviour is straight home.

We were sitting having a break from the slides etc when my 3 year old noticed a bauble had fallen from the Christmas tree. He picked it up and told me and said 'me help mammy, I put it back on tree' which he went to do. A member of staff stomped up to him and snatched bauble out of his hand and told him no, that's for looking not touching. Ds hung his head and ran off and hid. I was sat right next to him.

Aibu to think she shouldn't have spoken to my child like that. She knows us as we are regulars and knew I was supervising my son.

Laquitar Fri 22-Nov-13 21:33:32

Isnt it a bit stupid to have a christmas tree in a place full of hyper toddlers?

For your son, tbh i wouldnt put too much emphasis on 'being good'. I would say simsthing like 'it wS good ideato put it back but the lady thought it might break it, koh well'...It is not something personal dont forget she deals with so many children running around.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now