Joint webchat with Conservative and Labour housing minister and shadow housing minister, MONDAY 2 MARCH 1pm x

DSs have an Xbox to share for their Christmas present. WIBU to not get them anything else?

(29 Posts)
InsanityandBeyond Fri 22-Nov-13 14:17:46

They are 11 year old DTs. I bought them a xbox celebration pack with the Kinect thingy, X box live subscription and two games included. Plus an extra game each (Minecraft and Lego Marvel).

I do not want to buy them anything else as that has cost me £220.00 in total (very good offer although older version of the X box) but am worried they won't have more to open. They won't get presents from my very large family as I have been 'cast out' due to me confronting my mother about my abusive childhood. DH's family dont do Christmas (different culture).

It our 1st christmas with no contact with my family which has left me with a heap of conflicting emotions!

DCs are used to having a veritable mountain of presents under the tree. There will be quite a few for the 3 year old as his will be much less expensive. There won't be much more that an envelope for the 17 year old either as she wants concert tickets. They will all have stockings with whatever I can afford to buy extra.

Am very worried about it sad. Including the fact that it will 'just' be us, it will be very lonely. I don't want them disappointed!

Should I really just think WTF and buy them loads more as my heart is telling me hmm or not (which makes me feel like shite)?

wontletmesignin Fri 22-Nov-13 20:45:38

As an add on you could get a better quality headset for the xbox.
Even funky thumb grips - they cost about £1-2 in grainger games and things.

A headset you could pick up between 7-11 pounds.
I have just bought a cooling lcd thing for 3.55 or something. It keeps the xbox cool. And lights up blue. It just sits under the xbox. I will trt nd find the link

wontletmesignin Fri 22-Nov-13 20:47:45

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B005120IWW/ref=mp_s_a_1_fkmr1_1?qid=1385153174&sr=8-1-fkmr1&pi=AC_SX110_SY165

There are cheaper ones than that. That is just the first one i came across when i searched

magnumicelolly Fri 22-Nov-13 20:56:25

Yeah, wrap all the bits separately and wrap up some chocs/other things they'd need anyway like pants, pyjamas, toiletries. That'll be plenty and I'm sure they'll be thrilled with the main pressie!

kali110 Fri 22-Nov-13 21:22:01

Think thats great op

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now