To wonder if you would randomly rename a child?

(106 Posts)
IneedAsockamnesty Tue 19-Nov-13 23:03:13

A child that had already been registered, with a name that had apsolutly no relation to the child's actual name at all,so not just a shortened version with a word that is not even a name.

Oh forgot to add its not your child and there is no history or cute back story to the rename.

So would you just decide someone else's child was called something completely different and that was that?

RigglinJigglin Thu 21-Nov-13 08:51:00

Sock know how your feeling, my mother calls our LO squidge. I fucking hate it. I've told her that unless she refers to her as her proper name then she will be on the end of a DFOD.

There's various reasons why I hate it but mainly because she calls her friends daughter that - her friend is more like a daughter than I am apparently. And her little girl is more of a grandchild. They're welcome to each other!

Congrats on the baby!

mistlethrush Thu 21-Nov-13 08:59:49

I would be leaning towards 'Nana Gaga' wink

Was she born on Halloween? Does she know someone else with the same name, so has changed it to avoid confusion?

It's still weird but just wondering why she may have decided that your DD should be referred to as Baby Boo.

DoubleLifeIsALifeOfSorts Thu 21-Nov-13 09:15:44

Well she is a bit strange then...

Occluding miasma amuses me!

IneedAsockamnesty Thu 21-Nov-13 12:45:43

Not Halloween,granted she was early but we had known it was going to happen for 6 weeks so not a surprise.

Nobody else of the same name known

Seriously there is no rational reason for this and her bloody phone is off so I can't get hold of her to ask.

EldritchCleavage Thu 21-Nov-13 12:56:24

What about 'Nutty Nan' as a nickname for your mother?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now