Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

aibu to think my daughter is being a tad unreasonable lol

(57 Posts)
mumofbeautys Mon 18-Nov-13 16:46:53

Dear Santa I want

A real micro pig
A real tractor
A tree
Snail farm
Shovel and spade
Mud pit
Chicken house
Hedgehog

Do u Think she may be disappointed with Xmas this year lol

YoDiggity Thu 21-Nov-13 18:34:55

You can always get Playmobil on Ebay and it's so robust and indestructible, you oculd stick it in a Dettol solution to make sure no germs.

Quoteunquote Thu 21-Nov-13 11:27:54

or just look up the specifications, and make your own, they are really fussy, which is why they always move in if you make the perfect box, ours are on small stilts, super insulated with two layers, and a double bendy entrance.

and they keep the garden pest free.

Quoteunquote Thu 21-Nov-13 11:23:05

Get her a couple of hedgehog habitat boxes, they will soon move in, we have a webcam in ours so you can watch them.

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Thu 21-Nov-13 10:16:47

playmobil is v v expensive. look for second hand sets.

MrsFionaCharming Wed 20-Nov-13 12:13:09
mumofbeautys Tue 19-Nov-13 22:45:10

so I have developed a list lol

playmobil farm house and shop
playmobil horse large horse farm
playmobile pig pen
playmobile horse cart and horse
couple of extra playmobile horses
playmobil animal clinic
and playmobile zoo
10 different schliech farm animals
playmobile tractor and trailor
farm wall stickers
a white fence :/ lol
a butterfly rearing kit
and ant farm
5 like big planting pots
a few other farming vehicles lol
chad valley poorly animal vet set
furreal puppy
furreal kitty
and fur real monkey

DVDS - the Pixar ultimate set
books
fish tank and fish
quilt
and stocking fillers

does that sound okay and a furby xx

p.s how expensice is playmobil im going to be skint lol

mumofbeautys Tue 19-Nov-13 15:11:51

She will eventually need a transplant x

And we live in London x

YoDiggity Tue 19-Nov-13 14:52:29

Where do you live? In a city? Which one?

Sparklymommy Tue 19-Nov-13 14:39:32

Have you considered a bonsai tree? You could make a little garden in a globe for her to tend to.

She sounds adorable and clearly adores animals and farmyards. I hope you can find a way to give her something akin to her list. Is her health always as bad as it is now or could a trip to a farm be arranged when she is feeling better?

mumofbeautys Tue 19-Nov-13 14:32:29

Yo dignity at the moment yes .. both my girls have cystic fibrosis . And hers has been severe leaving other complications at the moment her immune system is weak plus she needs her oxygen x we have no balcony or garden x

YoDiggity Tue 19-Nov-13 13:57:51

Does she need to stay indoors a lot because of her health issues? She sounds like she is craving the outdoors. sad

Can you take her somewhere where she can do 'farming' without the livestock? Do you have a balcony for growing things?

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Tue 19-Nov-13 13:31:40
UniS Mon 18-Nov-13 21:37:38

when you don't have the space for a "real tractor" these are almost as good.bruder toys
Hours of play value. things work, like loaders, tipping mechs, telescopic reach arms AND the steering ( thanks to a sun roof and and removable steering wheel on an extension ).
My DS now age 7 still plays with his bruder tractors and trailers. moving stuff around. When he was given his telehander aged 3 he treated it like a pet.
telehandler

Mummytotwox Mon 18-Nov-13 20:32:31

Let's do it ;) ha

Thing is she does go riding every week, but that costs enough as it is ATM!

ThisIsBULLSHIT Mon 18-Nov-13 20:13:23

You can get her a tree! DH got one for his godson once.
And a shovel.
And some giant African land snails! (Although they breed a LOT)
And a mud pit.

And maybe a chicken if you have space!

youarewinning Mon 18-Nov-13 20:07:08

She sounds fantastic! I bet she'd love a farm themed room - can you get farmhouse type wendyhouses - you the know the ones that pop up? Sounds like she's imagining the outside world whilst she's inside poorly and you bringing it inside will be amazing.

mumofbeautys Mon 18-Nov-13 20:05:21

Oh mummy between us we can open a farm lol

mumofbeautys Mon 18-Nov-13 20:03:48

Lol Mrs thanks for that .. Don't think she's know that though but would be impressed lol

Mummytotwox Mon 18-Nov-13 20:02:30

My daughter told me I was soo meannnn today and cried and hid away.. Because I would t buy her a real horse.

Spades are for digging holes - they are vertical, smaller and sharp.

Shovels are for scooping up stuff like snow or manure - they are horizontal, large and wide with turned up sides.

mumofbeautys Mon 18-Nov-13 19:56:42

I don't think there is a difference lol

MrsOakenshield Mon 18-Nov-13 19:54:30

shovel and spade?? I am impressed that she knows the difference! (I don't. I know there is a difference, but not what it is. Different shape? Usage??)

giraffesCantGoGuising Mon 18-Nov-13 19:52:43

A real tractor - that sounds fun

mumofbeautys Mon 18-Nov-13 19:51:57

We can't go to the farm her immune system v weak at the moment and can't have furry pets x
What the fur toy pig things ?

sandiy Mon 18-Nov-13 19:47:12

Oohh or a guinea pig I love mine they are lovely lovely animals and can live indoors.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now