to wonder if anyone has an old iphone 4/s they can give to a stranger?

(74 Posts)
SpencerPercival Sun 17-Nov-13 22:12:48
BornThisCrazy Tue 19-Nov-13 23:46:06

I am sure OP was trying to do a good deed, stop being so hard in her.

Not everyone is aware what the latest phones are, so she may not be clued up about iphone 4 not being that 'old'. Give her a break.

Op,I think people may be a little touchy with it being so close to x-mas and many of us broke! wink

foreverondiet Tue 19-Nov-13 23:36:47

I actually think it's amazing that when an iPhone is locked into find my iPhone it's essentially useless. Sadly some criminals will find way around but sounds like the op bought stolen goods. Let this be a warning - only buy second hand iPhones from trusted sources. Presume if you bought from eBay could leave bad feedback - gumtree less well regulated so that's a lesson!

Monetbyhimself Tue 19-Nov-13 22:56:07

And less of the old sad

Monetbyhimself Tue 19-Nov-13 22:54:56

Moooooooooooo.

NoComet Tue 19-Nov-13 20:16:32

Old??!!!!
This one has another years contract to run and is not even a teen ager yet!

SpencerPercival Tue 19-Nov-13 20:12:59

So thats it
I am now hiding this thread as its giving me an itch.

SpencerPercival Tue 19-Nov-13 20:09:36

monet
you really are an old cow

SpencerPercival Tue 19-Nov-13 20:09:08

LOL at dexters car boot.

ew no

wink

SpencerPercival Tue 19-Nov-13 20:08:33

FOR FUCKS SAKE! i have explained twenty million TIMES!!
I DID NOT MEAN TO PISS PEOPLE OFF WITH THIS THREAD
I AM ON A CONTRACT I DONT EVER BUY PHONES I HAVE NO CLUE HOW MUCH THEY GO FOR
I FELT SORRY FOR THE OPS SHIT SITUATION
I WANTED TO HELP HER
I HAVE MESSAGED HER TO SAY THAT I MEANT NO HARM

RAAAAAR

toffeesponge Tue 19-Nov-13 20:03:55

Thank you dexter73.

ICameOnTheJitney Tue 19-Nov-13 09:49:17

I thought the OP on the other thread was offered two....by separate people? She's a regular poster anyway...and the ones offered needed repairs. This is stupid thread.

wannaBe Tue 19-Nov-13 09:49:14

for those who would chuck their iPhones in a drawer without getting round to selling them (I previously would) it's worth noting that some shops will take your old phone in part exchange for a new one.

I upgraded my phone this weekend from an iPhone 4s to a 5S (actually my lovely dp paid to upgrade it for me as my phone is running out of space) and at the carphone warehouse they took my 4S in part exchange and gave me £130 for it which offset nicely against my 5S which essentially then only cost £25, for a 64 gb phone. so worth bearing that in mind.

x2boys Tue 19-Nov-13 09:37:46

will people just give up now ffs the op thought she was helping stop slating her please!

Monetbyhimself Tue 19-Nov-13 09:31:59

I don't think it's a scam. I actually think it was intended as a dig at the OP of the other thread. A shit stirring thread if you like. And I think the OP of this thread is breathing a sigh of relief that so many people think it's a genuine attempt at Xmas goodwill and she's not being slated. Lucky escape OP wink

dexter73 Tue 19-Nov-13 07:55:45

Spencer - are you going to be at the car boot on Sunday with all your knock-off clothes and old phones?wink

dexter73 Tue 19-Nov-13 07:53:39

HTC is a make of phone.

toffeesponge Mon 18-Nov-13 20:32:56

What does HCT stand for?

Spencerpercival Mon 18-Nov-13 20:29:09

And after being accused of selling fake topshop jeans earlier this week I am WOUNDED ;)

Spencerpercival Mon 18-Nov-13 20:27:55

Hey guys. I felt sad for the op. People change phones. I didn't realise they still sell for so much. I have a contract and am not very au fait with phone stuff.

I messages the op earlier on today. It's no biggie - how this has become a matter of intrigue is beyond me!

Belize Mon 18-Nov-13 20:22:30

I change my name all the time and have been here for almost a decade, it doesn't really mean a thing. You would think I only joined two days ago if you did a search on me with this name.

valiumredhead Mon 18-Nov-13 20:09:35

Tbh that means nothing, the majority of posters NC more often than most people change their knickerswink I only don't as I can't work out how to!

SaucyJack Mon 18-Nov-13 19:57:48

Although I've just done a search and unless I'm not using the search Talk Archives thing properly (which is entirely possible), the OP of this thread has only been posting for approx. a week.

SaucyJack Mon 18-Nov-13 19:43:17

Scam might be a strong word for it, but it's completely inappropriate to ask one stranger to essentially give another stranger £150 on the back of a thread about Christmas presents on a parenting forum.

If the OP cares that much, then she should give the kid her phone.

valiumredhead Mon 18-Nov-13 19:30:48

You don't have to live 'in a different world' to have a smart phone / iPhone, it depends what contract you have.Dh always has flashy phones, they give them to him at work. I have a great smart phone,I only pay 3.50 a week for it as I've been a virgin customer for years so got a great deal. I get an update in a couple of months so this one will be 'lying around' ds will be desperate for it!wink

valiumredhead Mon 18-Nov-13 19:22:35

The OP links to the original thread which is about a little boy, the OP at no time asked for a phone for herself or asked for the phone to be sent to her.

To imply the OP is trying to scam people is horrible, if you really believe that then report to mnhq.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now