Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to have no self control?

(14 Posts)
Lilacroses Mon 18-Nov-13 07:06:29

Hope you can get back on it Op, I know what you mean. I think it does put you out to be ill etc. Agree with all though, only have the healthy stuff in the house, go for it again knowing that you did it before you can this time! I'm on 5/2 and have my tough days but even so it's working and the reward of having a slimmer physique and not eating crap is brilliant! Good luck!

Vikki88 Sun 17-Nov-13 23:23:50

I was messaging on the SW topic about a similar thing - I feel your rage!

I did really well at Slimming World and managed to drop a couple of dress sizes, figured I didn't need to do it properly anymore as I was in routine but it's going wrong and I'm piling the pounds back on. Clothes are feeling tighter already as a result. sad

It's this time of night where I just seem to lose control, I can be so good all through the day & then just ruin it late at night. I haven't really got the option of only having healthy food in the cupboards either with DP and DC in the house. I think I just need a padlock for the kitchen door!

I think the motivation for me was the fear of that shaming moment of putting on at the SW weigh-ins. Obviously need that pressure! Writing down everything you eat & drink helps as well I think - I'm going to start doing that again from tomorrow. Monday's always a good day to start these things!

firefly78 Sun 17-Nov-13 22:31:00

Meant soup and porridge not soup porridge!!!

firefly78 Sun 17-Nov-13 22:30:34

Soup porridge for me tomorrow!! Thank u for the motivation smile

Financeprincess Sun 17-Nov-13 21:28:57

At least if you carry it on your tum you probably don't have a big bum or saddlebags! Stick with it, you'll see results eventually.

firefly78 Sun 17-Nov-13 21:27:17

Maybe im storing fat for the winter! Im a size 12 so not huge but was so pleased with my weight loss. Its that stubborn belly fat that is so hard to shift.

Financeprincess Sun 17-Nov-13 21:25:37

Yes, we spend a mint on fruit & veg too. I rationalise it by saying it's cheaper than buying bigger clothes/bariatric surgery!

CoffeeTea103 Sun 17-Nov-13 21:23:33

Op we all go through those times when we take a step back but you've realized this and want to change it. So don't be upset instead think that come tomorrow you will be back on track. Good luck.

firefly78 Sun 17-Nov-13 21:21:40

Another excuse but i feel like i spend a frigging fortune on fruit and veg! I will though. Good idea.

Financeprincess Sun 17-Nov-13 21:20:09

Go to the supermarket tomorrow and buy loads of fruit and veg. Hide all the cr@p. Go cold turkey, you can do it! Tell yourself that you can eat loads of reprehensible stuff at Christmas but you'll have lost a few pounds in advance. Good luck! We all get like this sometimes. There's a reason why there are no Lindor in our house.

firefly78 Sun 17-Nov-13 21:17:33

We were on holiday the first week then i had a fluey bug which wiped me out. Then husband was away last week for work. I know. Excuses excuses!

tumbletumble Sun 17-Nov-13 21:17:13

YANBU. It's so annoying how you can be good for ages and lose some weight and then put it all back on after a few bad weeks. Drives me mad!!

CoffeeTea103 Sun 17-Nov-13 21:14:55

Why did you stop going to gym?

firefly78 Sun 17-Nov-13 21:13:48

Argh so cross with myself. I lost ten pounds over the summer by going to slimming world and the gym. Ive not been to the gym now for three weeks and cannot stop eating crap. I feel hungry all the time and just want to comfort eat. I seriously need to find some motivation from somewhere but feel like i will have to start all over again.

Why is it so hard to lose weight but so easy to put it on??!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now