Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to ask you all for fundraising ideas because no one on chat will give me any

(32 Posts)
llamageddon Sat 16-Nov-13 21:05:18

What are your best fundraisers that raised the most but cost you least to hold?

smile

SarahAndFuck Sun 17-Nov-13 10:06:06

Pie and peas bingo night or quiz night went quite well too.

Helenagrace Sun 17-Nov-13 11:12:05

The best school fundraisers I've done have been to invite an entertainer / magician to do an after school show. They give us a good price because it's free advertising for them. We charge £3 and give the children a drink and a biscuit and we make £200 each time. Hardly any effort and parents like it because it's cheap and minimal effort for them (just pick up an hour later).

CuriosityCola Sun 17-Nov-13 12:55:09

Alternative race night for parents is always good fun. Normally raises about £3000 after costs (paying the event holder). Throw in a raffle and some pre race games.

uhOhOhDear Sun 17-Nov-13 13:05:49

Sponsored litter pick in local area. Very popular!

RooRooTaToot Sun 17-Nov-13 18:07:38

Carol singing at a railway station or supermarket is lucrative at this time of year.

sugar4eva Sun 17-Nov-13 21:40:47

Clothes swap party ; we rented a room in local pub and asked people to donate unwanted clothes - then you pay for what you buy ; we had about a hundred folk and made several hundred pounds.

llamageddon Mon 18-Nov-13 13:28:43

Thanks everyone these are really good ideas! Small amount to raise compared to some amounts I've seen on here, only £2000. But extremely small school in a not very wealthy area. Love the sponsored head shave idea! Thank you Curiosity for the PM smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now