AIBU ... to STILL feel positively evangelical about electronic cigarettes? [thread 2]

(994 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

magimedi Fri 15-Nov-13 22:02:27

Here we go with thread two.

<puff>

There is a great deal of information on Thread One about vaping :

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/1865547-to-feel-positively-evangelical-about-electronic-cigarettes?pg=1

I think that many of us have been able to give up smoking thanks to e-cigs & vaping & are all feeling the positive results & want to spread the message.

SillyBlueHat Thu 10-Apr-14 21:48:03

Help! Just received a CE4 starter kit from Thebestecigarette.co.uk and I can't get it working. I've charged for 8 hours, filled with fluid, pressed button as per instruction...and nothing happens. I've tried this with 2 of them. Any ideas? I'm really disappointed hmm

Hi Mistress, well done! flowers Come and join us on thread 3 - link in the post above yours.

MistressDeeCee Mon 17-Feb-14 01:27:56

Hi all, I was on 1st thread nice to see vaping chat is still going grin. Ive not had a real cig since September so Im still feeling evangelical! Can I have some advice from you vaping veterans, please? I don't seem to be having much luck with batteries..they seem a bit flimsy. Well..twice Ive left vape pen on chair & sat on it by mistake, (!) so battery broke. The battery I have now Ive managed to repair, it has 'Nico Zero 900MaH' written on it. The others were CE4 batteries. Wanted to know what people think of CE4 batteries, I don't fancy buying another? Is it me, or are they just not that good? Also re. cartomisers..I just have your standard disposable, do people find them ok? I suppose what Im saying is I want batteries and cartomisers that actually last, with the batteries being my main priority. Id like to have 3 good batteries to hand but not pay over the odds for them. Any advice welcomed, thanks.

magimedi Sat 01-Feb-14 14:40:16
Allergictoironing Sat 01-Feb-14 14:31:46

Go for it Magi smile

magimedi Sat 01-Feb-14 14:28:42

Any objections if I start a third thread & link it here?

There's obviously still a need for it.

LedareAnsley Sat 01-Feb-14 13:29:38

I have discovered that a cotton bud goes right down the inner tube so will be trying that next rather than tipping the liquid away!

Plenty recommended this up-thread for silica: www.stealthvape.co.uk/rebuildable-supplies/silica-wick

Cantabile Sat 01-Feb-14 13:13:08

Does anyone know where I can get replacement wicks, o-rings etc? I know I saw some somewhere once - seems like a life time ago! when I first started reading the first thread, and started looking about - but haven't been able to find them again. My cotton wool wick is working OK, but I think a proper wick will be better. Cotton wool is fine as a stop gap only imo!

Ledare, I don't know then. My GS-H2s look like there's liquid up near the mouthpiece, but I think it's just the meniscus of the liquid after filling. I have tried tipping it around to see if I can get it to join the rest of the liquid, but it won't move much.

I have had the occasional spit of liquid into my mouth, when I've been vaping non-stop on my VV battery and it's all got a bit hot.... It doesn' sound like that's what you're talking about though.

ilovesooty Sat 01-Feb-14 13:08:31

I keep looking at that MVP

I want one...

LedareAnsley Sat 01-Feb-14 12:03:33

Checked the rubber thing, but can see how that can happen - easy to lose!

LedareAnsley Sat 01-Feb-14 12:02:44

Cheers Queen and Cantabile.

For some reason I'm getting liquid collecting at the top, by the mouthpiece. No idea why in a bottom-fill, but it's seeping down the tube from there.

God the CE4s are rubbish to use after having had a better one grin

Cantabile Sat 01-Feb-14 12:02:36

Ledare, that leaking thing was happening to my brother. I found that the little plastic cap thing at the bottom of the post had gone.

Cantabile Sat 01-Feb-14 11:55:55

I've dry burned GS-H2s with no ill effect.

Re the cotton wool wick: I pulled of a long thin bit of cotton wool from a ball, licked my fingers and kind of twisted it from the middle outwards, and then just kept doing that until I'd got it very tightly twisted. Then I snipped it down to the lengths I wanted and put it in.

I don't think I'll be trying to make a coil though!

LedareAnsley Sat 01-Feb-14 11:35:56

Thank you smile will try. I've rinsed them out. Can I dry burn them?

QueenStromba Sat 01-Feb-14 11:35:09

For some reason they tend to come loose on the GSH2s.

QueenStromba Sat 01-Feb-14 11:34:45

Yup - tight as you can do it.

LedareAnsley Sat 01-Feb-14 11:31:16

That's something to check. Do you do that tight tight, unlike the battery?

QueenStromba Sat 01-Feb-14 11:27:36

Is the atomiser screwed in properly?

LedareAnsley Sat 01-Feb-14 11:13:55

What the hell am I doing wrong with my GSH2's? I was out shopping, unit upright in my bag then all of a sudden, liquid in the middle tube. I got home, filled the cleaned and dry other one, a few puffs then liquid in the tube again!

I bought a special bottle with an extra fine filler tip (like a needle) so I'm not getting liquid in there to start with confused

On the plus side I am a WEEK smoke-free grin

Allergictoironing Sat 01-Feb-14 09:44:29

Plenty I have a couple of standard eGo type batteries (510 thread, one plain one blingy) and some CE4 tanks. Regarding that I want at least 1 more battery of some description, preferably nice looking & suitable for out & about, and slightly more long lasting and maintainable tanks. Don't want anything too fiddly, minimum hassle.

I've been buying ready made juice up to now (Smartcigs do my absolutely favourite tobacco flavour of all time, and I adore the Hangsen pineapple) but want to mix my own juice so will need suggestions on the minimum equipment needed to do this safely & successfully.

If I had the kind of money I had a couple of years ago I would have just gone out & bought top of the range everything plus anything that caught my eye to try out, and made sure I had all the possible bits & kit for juice mixing. But currently out of work and being a single person with my own house I have to count every penny usually, this £100 is my big chance to get everything I'm going to need for a few months before the money vanishes into the black hole of utility bills etc

QueenStromba Sat 01-Feb-14 09:43:12

The MVP is £38 including postage from my epack and it comes with an iclear 30 which is worth about £12 on it's own so the battery is only £26 really. Ooh and they have iclear 16s for £3 - they're normally about £6 on UK sites.

FlockOfTwats Sat 01-Feb-14 09:28:26

Allergic

http://www.fasttech.com/product/1400400-authentic-innokin-itaste-vv-v3-0-variable-volt

I have this and i think its grat. And a good price smile

Allergic, what are you using at the moment?

Allergictoironing Sat 01-Feb-14 09:10:18

Try not to get too excited with suggestions for my shopping guys - I only have around £100 to spend including the fluid makings sad. Spending half my budget or more on one battery would seriously restrict me on other stuff.

QueenStromba Sat 01-Feb-14 02:21:51

They are a million times better than the CE4s.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now