AIBU ... to STILL feel positively evangelical about electronic cigarettes? [thread 2]

(998 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

magimedi Fri 15-Nov-13 22:02:27

Here we go with thread two.

<puff>

There is a great deal of information on Thread One about vaping :

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/1865547-to-feel-positively-evangelical-about-electronic-cigarettes?pg=1

I think that many of us have been able to give up smoking thanks to e-cigs & vaping & are all feeling the positive results & want to spread the message.

waikikamookau Sat 16-Nov-13 09:36:48

what should i go up to, any suggestions, have had a so called starter kit since september, are there better bigger ones i shoudl be using

What are you using at the moment, waiki?

waikikamookau Sat 16-Nov-13 09:40:35

i am not sure, it looks like the starter kits linked to, www.vapingvision.co.uk/products/ego-ce4-single-electronic-cigarette-starter-bundle.html
probably this

HettiePetal Sat 16-Nov-13 09:43:13

Did all of you vapers manage to give up cigarettes immediately - or did you cut down at first?

Alsl, Plenty - I've ordered three liquids to try with my kit. Will they taste horrible because they haven't been steeped? Should I buy some that has?

TY smile

HettiePetal Sat 16-Nov-13 09:43:51

Alsl hmm

Also!

waikikamookau Sat 16-Nov-13 09:45:24

for me the option of smoking and vaping did nto work, as i just ignored the vaping.
i think i had about one roll up, but it was better to not smoke at all

onlysettleforbutterflies Sat 16-Nov-13 09:45:53

Due to reading your original thread, I have now not smoked for about 6/7 weeks thank you! So much easier to give up vaping. I don't even miss smoking and know I will never smoke again, saved approx £150, look and feel better and no longer smell! [Grin] and a bit smug!

magimedi Sat 16-Nov-13 09:56:37

Hettie - I started with sky cigs (am now on liquid) & for the first couple of weeks I mixed vaping with my roll ups. Then I just decided to chuck the cigs. I had no problems at all but find vaping with juice much nicer than ecigs.

Plenty - I've seen that there are very few vape shops in London - which amazes me.

Although a vape shop may be a bit more expensive than ordering on line you do get a lot of support from them. ANd you don't have to wait for parcels! And I always get given a discount, or a free bottle of juice or something. And I like supporting my local shop!

They have just got a new website:

thevapourroomonline.co.uk/

I have nothing to do with the shop - just saying how lovely they all are & if you are in/near Eastbourne, it's well worth a visit. Only about 5 minutes walk from the pier.

waiki, what problem are you having with your kit?

- You could get bigger batteries that will last longer between charges. Look for something that has at least 1000mah and it should last at least a day.

- You could get a variable voltage or variable wattage battery. This will allow you to crank it up a bit when you need it.

- You could get any of a bajillion different devices to stick on the battery and pretty much any of them will work better than a CE4 clearomiser. I very quickly moved onto GS-H2 clearomisers and I still think they're the bee's knees and very cheap. Everyone will tell you something different to get though grin

magimedi Sat 16-Nov-13 10:00:33

In fact, I wonder if we could start a new thread with people giving links or addresses of their nearest vape shops?

I was away this week, in Milton Keynes & I was wondering if there was a shop there - didn't see one but had I known where one was I would have gone.

I'll report this post to MNHQ to ask them if we can do a recommended shops thread.

Hettie, I tried the coffee froom joose juice the day it arrived. It tasted ok but 3 weeks later it tastes much better.

I stopped smoking by accident. I'd set myself a quit date of next march but when the kit arrived I just thought I'd see how it went and I haven't smoked since (except for one on Oct 31st, just to fuck up 'Stoptober' grin). It took me about a day to decide it was just actually nicer than smoking.

waikikamookau Sat 16-Nov-13 10:07:54

i bought another battery but that doesnt always fit, i have various clearomisers - sometimes they work sometimes they dont, i seem to have more trouble that dh, i change the string thing and then it might work or might not, i was told in one shop that mixing and matchign the products might be the reason. i spose that makes sense.

ginmakesitallok Sat 16-Nov-13 10:19:33

There's a link to b&m (bricks and mortar) shops on aaec here

ginmakesitallok Sat 16-Nov-13 10:22:34

You should be OK mixing and matching, as long as they use the same connection. If you are rewicking yourself are you checking your coils on an ohmeter before you use them?

waiki it could be that the clearomisers are not making a good connection with the battery. If they are screwed on too tight they can push the central pin down and then next time it won't make contact.

You could try pulling up the centre pin on the battery. You can also pull down the pin on the CE4.

waikikamookau Sat 16-Nov-13 11:35:16

i dont think i have rewicked, i buy those string things inside the metal piece of equipment. thansk for the advice aobut pulling the pin, will try that next time

MaggieMcGill Sat 16-Nov-13 11:41:35

Plenty No, still no arrived, it's being sent to my work so I won't know until Monday anyway. Did you get yours? Hope you liked it. That's the 2.0ohms

ginmakesitallok Sat 16-Nov-13 11:42:17

If you are replacing heads then you do have to replace with the right head, you can't mix and match those?

Lozislovely Sat 16-Nov-13 12:23:40

So glad I found this thread!

I've been vaping for nearly a year now. Up until a couple of months ago I was using the 'Vea' from Liberro - 'twas an American import that they've now stopped selling as the packaging doesn't comply with UK standards - WTF!

Anyways, am now using 1100mah CE4 which I love - lasts all day without fail.

But the god damn clearomisers - talk about hit and miss with quality. Following Plentys recommendation I've just ordered the shisha pens from Amazon so looking forward to trying those.

I'm a menthol girl and wonders if anyone can suggest a good one to try? I get mine from Liberro currently but they keep putting their prices up and a 30ml comes in around £14 with postage.

There is a shop down the road (Best4ecigs) but they only sell 10ml bottles and their menthol tastes vile!

Cantabile Sat 16-Nov-13 14:24:28

Back from the vape shop. I got more Apple, but also cinnamon, lemon and grapefruit. Haven't tried them yet, got them entirely on spec. Couldn't hang about and chat as dh was hanging about, bored and in a foul mood, so I just chose some flavours and left [grr]

I did think it would be bigger and have more variety of stuff than it did (dh wanted a new battery for his v old ecig, but they hadn't got them). Ah well, a friend is interested and she is talking of going to the one in Torquay. With luck it'll be bigger.

ilovesooty Sat 16-Nov-13 14:39:52

Tiredmumno1 your parcel arrived safely and I've started on the strawberry banana. Thank you so much.

I do love these threads and how helpful everyone is.

Maggie my i-clear 16 has arrived. Thank you! flowers

Lots and lots of vapour from the dual coils smile This is what I was hoping for. I can see me using this a lot at home.

Not sure about out and about as it's a top coil and you have to do all that keeping-it-the-right-way-up malarkey grin

something for your cold wink Hope you feel better soon.

KungFuBustle Sat 16-Nov-13 16:22:19

I just did an advanced search for your old thread! I got my kit today, I have strawberry and DH has coffee. Glad I found you all.

We're so beaten down by cigs, we're miserable after countless attempts, failures and all the other addict crap.

The vap thing I amazing, it's lovely and it fucking works. It's day one and I feel great. I feel like someones removed about 20lb of chains from us.

ginmakesitallok Sat 16-Nov-13 17:09:07

grin it's great isn't it? When I started ving I truly didn't feel like I was giving anything up, instead I'd gained a great new hobby.

ginmakesitallok Sat 16-Nov-13 17:10:14

grin even

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now