AIBU ... to STILL feel positively evangelical about electronic cigarettes? [thread 2]

(994 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

magimedi Fri 15-Nov-13 22:02:27

Here we go with thread two.

<puff>

There is a great deal of information on Thread One about vaping :

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/1865547-to-feel-positively-evangelical-about-electronic-cigarettes?pg=1

I think that many of us have been able to give up smoking thanks to e-cigs & vaping & are all feeling the positive results & want to spread the message.

DizzyZebra Mon 30-Dec-13 00:44:22

Other people may have more experience of those clearomisers though as ive only used theem in the shop so havent had a great amount of experience with those particular ones.

i noticed that there are some diamond mist e liquids on amazon and they are quite nice IMO, I buy those and dekang mainly.

TalkieToaster Mon 30-Dec-13 00:46:33

I have ordered. I'm actually quite excited. My DP thinks I'm nuts as I'm not a smoker anymore and haven't been for about seven years, but the desire is always there. I'm about three or four stone overweight, so I'm hoping that vaping will help!

DizzyZebra Mon 30-Dec-13 02:11:23

I would get some nicotine free liquid then if i were you, dont get yourself addicted to nicotine again.

I use low nicotine but i am going nicotine free next time i stock up, and i think ill probably continue with that indefinitely, because tbh i enjoy vaping. Its like eating sweets for me which is nice because i love sweet food but i cant eat too much without feeling sick and im wanting to lose some baby weight anyway.

Some peoole wonder why i would bother once the addiction is gone but to me vaping nicotine free is no different than sitting down with a bag of sweets or a cake at the end of the day, and probably not that much more expensive at a maximum of a tenner a week (depending on what i buy, because i like to replace the atomizer head in one of mine quite a lot).

I am getting a bit geeky with the different devices but i dont go overboard. Ive got a nice little collection im happy with at the moment with my ce4, d-nova and iclear 30b tanks. Id like another VV battery and have seen an innokin battery id like but i wont spend that amlunt on one i dont think lol, not unless i come into a good amount of money lol.

Allergictoironing Mon 30-Dec-13 10:17:03

Reading through this thread & the previous one in a single sitting.
Having been a heavy smoker for about 35 years, I've tried just about every different method to give up smoking & failed - probably because I don't really want to. I even tried the cigalike ecigs before (reputable brand, not the market stall types) but evded up on the fags again.
Then friends of mine started evangelising ecigs, they were both heavy smokers who'd tried & failed to give up smoking, and were so impressed by ecigs that they became importers for a US brand. When they found out that the company owner was a total hypocrite (still smoked cigs himself!) they set up their own company & expanded into the decent refillable tank systems etc.
With their nagging encouragement (plus some "mates rates" discountsgrin) I've managed to go from over 30 a day to 5 in a couple of months, & am happily vaping apple flavour 18mg as I type.
But you bad MNers - I've just spent over £30 at a couple of other retailers having followed some of the links in these threads. Dunno how I will explain away the shiney shiney new battery I got from one of them, my friends only sell black & stainless fblush.

Talkie, how exciting! That kit looks good but you will need two batteries. At that price you could just buy two kits or, for a few quid more, you could get a bigger battery like this or this that wouldn't need charging so often.

I would say the exact opposite to Dizzy about the clearomisers fgrin I love the GS-H2 and cannot stand the CE4. It's good to have both though, as one is a top coil and one is a bottom coil so you can see which you prefer as they work differently.

Allergic, well done! flowers

TalkieToaster Mon 30-Dec-13 15:23:45

I've gone for the nicotine-free liquids. smile

DizzyZebra, that's how I hope vaping will be for me. I'm completely addicted to sweets and need to knock it on the head. I have no chance of doing it unless I replace it with another addiction and this seems much less harmful than my current sugar habit.

DizzyZebra Mon 30-Dec-13 16:24:03

Ohhhhhhhhh OH has come home with a new battery. I converted him to VV haha with my ego c twist on the iClear 30 b tank, And he's been and got an iTaste VV 3 battery.

It is quite cool, Its variable voltage and wattage. I think i am going to have to get one for myself tomorrow, He only paid £22 for it too

QueenStromba Mon 30-Dec-13 16:30:06

I'm still waiting my itaste from fasttech. The order I placed the day before has been here since at least Friday (I was away for Christmas) - the one with the battery just got caught in the Christmas rush.

goodasitgets Mon 30-Dec-13 16:59:21

I have two new liquids - peanut butter and lemon/lime
Peanut butter is lush grin

DizzyZebra Mon 30-Dec-13 17:05:40

I like totally wickeds lemon and lime liquid, but ive not found another thats as good as theirs, often too subtle for me.

I love diamond mists fruit punch but im using my double nova tank at the minute and ive put a new atomiser in and it tastes funny grrr. No idea why it does this fir the first few puffs its very annoying.

OMG OHs one counts how many puffs youve had and warns you when the battery is going to die. I cant believe he only paid fourbquid more for it than i did my twist GRRR so getting one tomorrow.

Allergictoironing Mon 30-Dec-13 22:50:45

Careful Dizzy - you may end up having a battery war; every time one of you gets an upgrade, the other has to take it one step further so as not to be outdone! wink

DizzyZebra Tue 31-Dec-13 00:01:37

Haha allergic, i did want another VV anyway as my fixes voltage batteries just don't do the job on my bigger tanks.

Going to get the itaste in a kit so i have a smaller clearonfor my normal batteries as a back up for if my VVs aren't charged as my ce4s have all had a good few months and one is possibly leaking.

Also have to take back what i just said about lemon and lime... I realised i bought some lemon and lime from the place i got my iclear tank from so just had a try and it is lovely!

Allergictoironing Tue 31-Dec-13 09:23:13

Oh my! YESTERDAY morning I ordered some CE4s and the 5 bottle pick and mix from Vaping Vision, and a very pretty battery from Paradice Vape.

They both arrived this morning, that is the very next day, between Xmas and New Year grin shock. Big up to both those companies. Shiney shiney pink patterned battery already on charge, I will now have hours of fun deciding which coloured CE4 for which new flavour before testing them all. But I do have the dilemma that I have 5 new tanks, the 5 flavours from the pick & mix AND the free taster sample from Paradice.

Yes I've been really impressed with the speed of delivery from just about all the suppliers (except fasttech, but that's coming from China and I'm always just impressed it arrives at all).

Is the itaste VV 3 the one that looks a bit like a pregnancy test? I've got its bigger relative - the itaste MVP 2. It's great, it goes 2 days of chain vaping between charges.

Dizzy your big tanks should do fine on standard ego batteries if the coil is a lowish resistance. If they are dual coil though they come out quite high and will benefit from more power.

Be careful with citrus (and spicy) liquids in plastic tanks as some of them can degrade the plastic.

TalkieToaster Tue 31-Dec-13 11:37:49

My starter kit arrived this morning, with two liquids from a different seller. One of them has leaked as the screw top wasn't on properly. I've contacted the seller, but is it still ok to use? I'm assuming so.

I have the battery on charge now, but I'm looking at the mouthpiece bit and I can't for the life of me figure out how you get the liquid in there. Does anyone have a link to a youtube video handy, to save me going through the previous thread please?

Allergictoironing Tue 31-Dec-13 11:51:09

Hopefully someone else will post a link to a video, but failing that.....

Assuming you got the one you linked to further up in the thread, the black & silver part of the top should unscrew from the clear/coloured part. It might be a little still the first time you try.

You then need to drip the fluid carefully down the inside of the clear/coloured part making sure you don't get any in the little metal bit in the very centre; easiest way I've found to do this is to tilt the tank part (aka clearomiser) and sort of dribble the fluid down the side.

You'll probably need to charge the battery before you use it though!

Allergictoironing Tue 31-Dec-13 11:52:17

Oops that should have read "It might be a little stiff the first time you try."

TalkieToaster Tue 31-Dec-13 11:57:17

I did get that one I linked to, yes. grin

The battery is already charging and I'm left with the top bit, but I can't see any opening to dribble the liquid into, if that makes sense? There's the tube bit in the middle that you describe, which goes down if I press on it.

TalkieToaster Tue 31-Dec-13 12:02:56

[Post edited by MNHQ] I was looking at the end of the clearomiser that screws onto the battery, thinking 'How does the liquid get in?'.

I found a Youtube video that showed me it is in fact the mouthpiece part of the clearomiser that unscrews. Ahem. As you were. grin

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 31-Dec-13 15:14:38

Hi TalkieToaster - we've edited your last post to remove a bit of disablist language.

Thanks
MNHQ

DizzyZebra Tue 31-Dec-13 15:14:42

Allergic i have one of those batterys they are good quality, mines not dropped in output at all and ive had it a good few months. Mines pink and shiny too lol. I like to colour co ordinate them lol. My new itaste vv is white but looks lovely on my green iclear cause of the green led.

plenty oh they do work on my bigger tanks, just not as nice as having a VV on it. I notice it more if ive been on my VV and switch to a fixed volt. The atomizer heads i use are usually around 2.4 - 2.8. I kept burning out 1.8s. I have my ego twist vv and the itaste now though for my bigger tanks so will probably use my two fixed voltages on ce4s and the iclear 16.

feck me though, this iclear tank with the itaste on is the best battery operated device since the vibrator was invented.

I am in love. Got an iclear 16 with it too which is good cause one of my ce4s is about knackered (think the citrus liquid problem mentioned here is the cause).

i mostly use sweet fruity flavours and then something citrussy if that gets sickly.

i am going to have to be good and give it a rest on the new devices haha, i am very happy with my current selection though smile

Off to morrisons anyway though where they wont let me use it haha. Some member of staff caught me stealth vaping (shop was empty near enough) spoke to me like shit. I didn't mind being asked not to do it it was when she spoke to me like shit and insisted i was smoking.

iclear 16 is a dual coil - crank it up a bit grin It's a bajillion times better than a CE4, you'll love it!

TalkieToaster Tue 31-Dec-13 17:09:02

Um. Wow. I have a DS with a disability and have never ever been told that particular expression is disabilist. If I had described myself as idiotic, dumb or stupid, would my comment have been edited, I wonder? I won't use the expression again, but wow.

Anyway. Moving swiftly on. confused

My battery is charged and I've just had a go of a chocolate flavour. It tastes like ass but I like the actual 'thing' of vaping, so I just need to find a flavour I like.

DizzyZebra Tue 31-Dec-13 17:34:32

Ohhh is it? I didn't know that, i thought it was the same as the ce4 haha.

Toaster it might taste better after a few goes. My nova tastes like shit with a new attomiser head in for a bit, and the i clear 16 did for a few puff too.

DizzyZebra Tue 31-Dec-13 17:38:17

Also, i don't care if i sound like a sad act lol, but ive had a re think. I clear 16 for trips out because it fits on my twist nicely and sits in my neck pouch comfortably. My bigger ones hang at an awkward angle.

iclear 30 b on i taste for home smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now