My designer washing up bowl is ruined! (sort of lighthearted)

(156 Posts)
HorsePetal Fri 15-Nov-13 10:54:57

Ok so I'm aware that this is hardly important in the grand scheme of things but last Saturday I went out for lunch/shopping with an old school friend.

We were in the Cotswolds and I clearly thought I was a lot posher than I actually am because I decided to spend just shy of £60 on a Normann Copenhagen Washing Up Bowl (I know!)

So I have been admiring it all week and will admit that washing up has been a bit more pleasurable hmm until last night when I decided to soak a baking dish in it overnight (baked on pasta sauce).

This morning is it RUINED with a big bloody orange tide mark all around the rim which won't budge.

Should I take it back? I'm going to look like a fool aren't I? They are going to know that I am not really worthy of a posh washing up bowl (do posh people even eat Spaghetti Bolognese?).

Do you think they will refund (as not fit for posh purpose or something?)

Abbrracadabra Mon 13-Jan-14 22:35:38

Oh my goodness, I was thinking of buying one of these. Did you ever get the stain removed or did you get it replaced.

I will get a black one

KatoPotato Wed 20-Nov-13 11:48:48

I came on to this thread with a washing up bowl budget of £60.

That's now in jeopardy, I think normannnnnn had best get you a replacement...

valiumredhead Wed 20-Nov-13 10:07:01

Keep complaining,I bet they cost £3 to make and they are raking it in in profit! If it stains it's not fit for purpose.

enriquetheringbearinglizard Tue 19-Nov-13 22:29:20

To be honest we're all laughing, but I can sympathize too. If they've advised a solution that didn't work, contact them again, say so and ask for a replacement. Be tenacious.

From this thread I am loving 'wizard's dust' and 'tenacious soaker' and I am so going to use both of those phrases during tomorrow's working day. Can't pretend it'll be easy grin but it'll be sooo worth it (to )me.

Am tempted to have an honorary name change actually.

HorsePetal Tue 19-Nov-13 22:24:43

Because putting your washing up bowl into a dishwasher is flipping nuts!

Why did you need an empty house to put it in the dishwasher?

HorsePetal Tue 19-Nov-13 22:09:38

I totally agree rabbitgrin

Also, if we mention

Normann Copenhagen Washing Up Bowl

enough times

then it will show in Google and I might get a replacement

me? passive-aggressive? surely not

rabbitonthemoon Tue 19-Nov-13 21:56:27

Horse my approach when I'm ruffled is to become That Complaining Woman who just doesn't go away. You deserve a black bowl smile I am suspecting that despite all of the Bowl Scorn on here one person might accidentally buy one so you are actually advertising for them. This gives you rights to a replacement bowl in my book!

HorsePetal Tue 19-Nov-13 21:46:15

They emailed me back and suggested a good scrub (I presume they mean the bowl) and also told me it can go in the dishwasher.

So I've tried both (waited til house was empty before putting in in dishwasher) and still no joy.

The stains are still there but have faded slightly to an orangey colour smile

I'm pretending that I have far more important things to worry about grin

MrsJK Tue 19-Nov-13 15:45:21

Any update from the email OP?

LittleBearPad Tue 19-Nov-13 15:31:13

OP I'd do this kind of thing especially after wine

glastocat Tue 19-Nov-13 15:24:19

It's $87.50 in Australian money.

fucking hell! grin

BeCool Tue 19-Nov-13 15:00:58

I've coveted one of those for years. My friend has one in orange to match his fridge. But I don't even use a washing up bowl!!! So I can't buy one for £60 smile

YoureBeingASillyBilly Mon 18-Nov-13 14:16:06

My washing up bowl was £2 in poundstretcher and all the stains come out of it no problem grin

Morloth and Gideon it may also be worth looking in 'Modern Wank' grin

I've just watched the video and I know where you went wrong apart from the £60 on a bowl according to the video you don't actually need to put water in it at all. The simple act of putting the item in the bowl and waving the magic brush at it cleans it.

You need a washing up bowl in a large ceramic sink as otherwise every time you wash glasses you break one. My sink is huge and would cost a fortune to fill with hot water hence my cheap and cheerful washing up bowl.

I am still very tempted though blush

KatoPotato Mon 18-Nov-13 11:20:33

2002 award winner.

Who needs tickets to this years ceremony?

SPsDoesntLikeChaffingFishnets Mon 18-Nov-13 11:18:47

£60 on a washing up bowl?!

GideonKipper Mon 18-Nov-13 11:14:06

Morloth I asked that on Friday and was pointedly ignored wink grin.

EmmaBemma Mon 18-Nov-13 10:58:44

Why would you want a washing up bowl at any price? Pointless (and unhygienic) waste of space.

Millenniumbug1 Mon 18-Nov-13 10:47:19

Can it also be used as a goat feeder? grin

Enidcoleslaw Mon 18-Nov-13 08:32:53

When you pop back to speak to them make sure you don't accidentally buy a £45 toilet brush. I wish I had enough money that I had more money than sense. I don't even have that much sense.

Morloth Mon 18-Nov-13 08:16:46

Was the shop called 'I Saw You Coming'?

MegaClutterSlut Mon 18-Nov-13 08:15:23

fuck me sideways didn't even know you could buy a washing up bowl for that amount of money shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now